Customer Match is the link between your hard-earned customer email list and your AdWords advertising strategy. Customer Match, which was introduced to AdWords advertisers in late 2015, allows advertisers to upload email lists into their AdWords account as an audience. Relative to AdWords, the Customer Match feature is very new and still widely underutilized. The remarketing options for your email lists are extensive and it can be tough to decide which is best for your account.
First things first, it is important to ask two questions:
1. Are your goals for customer match short-term or long-term?
2. Is your account ecommerce or lead generation?
Every company, whether B2B or B2C, needs to focus on both short-term and long-term strategies. The same goes for advertising, and more specifically, for audience targeting. For this reason, the Customer Match strategies in this whitepaper are divided into both short-term and long-term, with specific focus on ecommerce and lead generation accounts.
We’ll discuss tips like:
- How to effectively layer an email list on an existing Adwords campaign
- Segmenting emails by the stages of your marketing funnel
- 6 long-term strategies for ecommerce and lead generation accounts
- 3 questions to guide your Customer Match setup process