Director, Decision Sciences
- 3Q Digital
- New York, NY
- Onsite Only
Posted 39 days ago
3Q Digital is Silicon Valley's agency of record, and the way we work reflects our roots: we're relentless, restless, and constantly striving to innovate and drive growth for our clients.
We offer full marketing services including SEM, SEO, social advertising, display, mobile advertising, analytics, and business strategy. We work with the fastest-growing B2C, B2B, ecommerce, and lead gen clients in the U.S. We're smart and fast-paced, and we value great client service—which is where you come in.
The Director of Decision Sciences will be tasked with partnering with senior internal and client stakeholders while overseeing, mentoring and growing the team that is responsible for measurement, performance, consumer and experience insights and optimization deliverables. The ideal candidate will be able to identify the “why” or “so what” from a myriad of different data sources and will lead a rapidly growing team of subject matter experts who are partners to both our internal teams as well as our day-to-day clients and their extended teams.
Why our Decision Sciences Team: Tired of coming “last”, having to work through other teams, being in a role that’s reactive and feel like you’re work is meaningless? If you answered yes to any of these, then this is the team that you want to join. We’re not a reporting team - we focus on helping our clients understand their customers, media, messaging and experience effectiveness using many different levers, tools, and data-sets. We’re leading the direction of the agency and are front and center, not an afterthought in a deck and work with clients that love our ideas and let us do the work that we recommend! You’ll also get access to some pretty sweet MarTech, automated data access through our Data Warehouse, and your very own Tableau seat.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Effectively partnering with cross-functional teams and client partners with the intent to build strong relationships that ultimately lead to identification of ways strategic analytics team can engage and improve business value
- Providing innovative, integrated and forward-thinking ideas to drive up sells and contribute in the same way to new business pitches
- Exploring the unknown, brainstorming new ideas, building new tools and deliverables, “breaking” things, and serving the client team as an expert on industry and client-specific strategic solutions
- Taking ownership of client delivery, while managing staff independently and efficiently
- Managing the team responsible for performing analysis such as campaign attribution, audience insights and persona development, website user flow, and pathing analysis, campaign lift attribution, cross-channel reporting and insights amongst others
- Mentoring a team of managers to develop their expertise and career evolution
- Directing the development, design, and implementation of marketing analytics initiatives
- Contributing to internal process development and documentation, thought leadership through creating case studies, POVs, site content and speaking at conferences and on expert panels
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in an analytical capacity, focused on digital marketing analytics (eCommerce, lead gen, etc.) and advertising (paid search, paid social, programmatic, etc.); furthermore, you’ll need to have a minimum of 3 years’ experience managing, mentoring and growing a team
- A BS/BA in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
- An excellent understanding of online advertising ecosystem and performance metrics with expertise in analyzing and synthesizing data; furthermore, you’ll need to have a strong ability to judge and quantify results of advertising and investments and know what to do with this information and insights
- Excellent organizational, communication and relationship management skills
- The motivation and ability to understand client challenges, possess vision & enthusiasm
- Strong problem solving, technical analytic and communication skills
- A deep understanding of ad serving (DFA/DCM, etc...), Paid Search Platforms (AdWords, Bing, etc...), third-party viewability/validation tools (e.g., IAS, comScore, DoubleVerify)
- Expertise in using Web analytics tools (Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics) and Attribution Solutions (Convertro, Visual IQ, Adometry)
- A high proficiency in PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and Tableau
Additional things that will impress us:
- Business knowledge of Media Mix Modeling, ROI forecasting, and other advanced analytical techniques and concepts
Best in-class digital marketing results require the best-in-class workforce and our best-in-class workforce ultimately drives the culture at 3Q Digital. We’re not just talking good office coffee and happy hours (though we have all of that). Ourunique culture is developed and nurtured by the values, beliefs, philosophies, and operating style of our people and core values: Own It, Everyone’s a Client, Do the Math, Act for the Greater Good, and Innovate.
We are a collaborative, open-door, best-idea-wins environment that fosters personal and company growth and has fun doing it. We promote work/life balance and encourage constant learning by offering unparalleled training, mentorship, and development for career progression. And perhaps the best, most fundamental part of our culture: authenticity. We say what we mean, and we do what we say.
- Named #14 on AdAge’s Best Places to Work
- Competitive compensation and bonuses
- Benefits include health, dental, vision, a 401K plan, and paid parental leave
- Student loan & tuition assistance
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work from home policy
- Volunteer opportunities, team retreats, and lunch seminars
We are based in Silicon Valley, with offices in downtown San Francisco, Chicago, Austin, New York City, San Diego, Raleigh, Charlottesville, and Burlington (VT). Our amazing offices decide their own perks, including office happy hours and events, games, weekly catered lunch, and free snacks.
Best-in-class digital marketing results require the best-in-class workforce, and we believe that comes from a diverse mix of backgrounds and experiences. 3Q Digital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to evaluating all qualified candidates regardless of gender, gender identity, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Furthermore, we believe optimal results come from operating a meritocracy built upon diversity of thought and background and absolutely devoid of discrimination and hate speech. We do everything in our power, including strict adherence to an anti-harassment policy, to make 3Q a welcoming and inclusive organization whose employees feel comfortable respectfully sharing their thoughts with each other and our leadership. Our training and mentorship programs help make sure all employees have an equal opportunity to grow and excel.
No agencies please, principals only
About the company
3Q Digital is Silicon Valley's agency of record and the largest independent digital marketing agency, and the way we work reflects our roots: we're relentless, restless, and constantly striving to innovate and drive growth for our clients. We're a fully integrated digital marketing agency based in Silicon Valley, with offices in downtown San Francisco, Chicago, Austin, New York City, San Diego, Raleigh, Charlottesville, and Burlington (VT). We offer SEM, SEO, social advertising, display, mobile advertising, analytics, and business strategy. We work with the fastest-growing B2C, B2B, ecommerce, and lead gen clients in the U.S.