Director of Planning
- 3Q Digital
- Chicago, IL
- Onsite Only
Posted 31 days ago
At 3Q Digital, we work with high-powered clients in some of America’s best cities (New York, San Francisco, San Diego, the Silicon Valley, downtown Chicago, and Burlington, Vermont). We’re smart, fast-paced and we value great client service.
The Director of Planning will be tasked with partnering with internal and client stakeholders in helping define, plan and contribute to a sophisticated and differentiated programmatic story for 3Q Digital. The Director will work closely with the programmatic and decision sciences teams to help drive agency and client strategy for programmatic while helping them deliver on their business goals.
- Gain a more strategic understanding of our clients’ business and KPIs, and keep up to date with latest Industry news and be proactive in spotting trends, product releases, and other opportunities which could enhance our activity
- Drive media plan development, strategy and support the implementation of the strategy, incorporating necessary and appropriate rationale and research
- Explore the unknown, brainstorming new ideas, ways of “working” and deliverables, “break” things, serve the client team as an expert on industry and client-specific strategic solutions
- Be a consistent voice on status and recurring calls as well as higher-level meetings
- Partner with Display & Decision Sciences team to define and measure marketing effectiveness and to incorporate knowledge into go-to-market decisions and marketing plans
- Work closely with the programmatic teams to guide strategy based on business performance
- Contribute to internal process development and documentation, thought leadership through creating case studies, POVs, site content and speaking at conferences and on expert panels
- Combine media market & technical knowledge, data analysis and client feedback to help sell, develop, configure, operate and optimize complex campaigns to meet client objectives
- Become an expert in the use and best practices for multiple Demand Side Platforms, offering insights on how to plan and improve campaign effectiveness through the use of each platform
- Set strategy and architect media plans that deliver against objectives
- Work on cross-team new business efforts when applicable
Requirements and Qualifications
- 5+ years experience in the digital marketing industry with a focus on in programmatic required, with data driven, direct response experience preferred
- Working knowledge of other paid digital media channels (search, social, native advertising, etc.)
- Demonstrating a strong working knowledge of the media space and available media research
- Proven track record working with and influencing cross-functional teams, as well as establishing an internal network of relationships at all levels of the organization to drive results
- Demonstrated success in managing a complex workload with multiple priorities and tight deadlines with a focus on measuring results and improving performance
- Be highly motivated, able to understand client challenges, possess vision & enthusiasm
- Requires excellent organizational, time management, and relationship management skill
- Strong problem solving, strategic mindset and communication skills are imperative.
- Willingness to travel to other 3Q offices regularly. Total estimated travel 15-20%
- Ability to work and collaborate in a fast paced environment
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel (data wrangling and presentation development)
Best in-class digital marketing results require the best-in-class workforce and our best-in-class workforce ultimately drives the culture at 3Q Digital. We’re not just talking good office coffee and happy hours (though we have all of that). Our unique culture is developed and nurtured by the values, beliefs, philosophies, and operating style of our people and core values: Own It, Everyone’s a Client, Do the Math, Act for the Greater Good, and Innovate.
We are a collaborative, open-door, best-idea-wins environment that fosters personal and company growth and has fun doing it. We promote work/life balance and encourage constant learning by offering unparalleled training, mentorship, and development for career progression. And perhaps the best, most fundamental part of our culture: authenticity. We say what we mean, and we do what we say.
- Named #14 on AdAge’s Best Places to Work
- Competitive compensation and bonuses
- Benefits include health, dental, vision, a 401K plan, and paid parental leave
- Student loan & tuition assistance
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work from home policy
- Volunteer opportunities, team retreats, and lunch seminars
We are based in Silicon Valley, with offices in downtown San Francisco, Chicago, Austin, New York City, San Diego, Raleigh, Charlottesville, and Burlington (VT). Our amazing offices decide their own perks, including office happy hours and events, games, weekly catered lunch, and free snacks.
Best-in-class digital marketing results require the best-in-class workforce, and we believe that comes from a diverse mix of backgrounds and experiences. 3Q Digital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to evaluating all qualified candidates regardless of gender, gender identity, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Furthermore, we believe optimal results come from operating a meritocracy built upon diversity of thought and background and absolutely devoid of discrimination and hate speech. We do everything in our power, including strict adherence to an anti-harassment policy, to make 3Q a welcoming and inclusive organization whose employees feel comfortable respectfully sharing their thoughts with each other and our leadership. Our training and mentorship programs help make sure all employees have an equal opportunity to grow and excel.
No agencies please, principals only
About the company
3Q Digital is Silicon Valley's agency of record and the largest independent digital marketing agency, and the way we work reflects our roots: we're relentless, restless, and constantly striving to innovate and drive growth for our clients. We're a fully integrated digital marketing agency based in Silicon Valley, with offices in downtown San Francisco, Chicago, Austin, New York City, San Diego, Raleigh, Charlottesville, and Burlington (VT). We offer SEM, SEO, social advertising, display, mobile advertising, analytics, and business strategy. We work with the fastest-growing B2C, B2B, ecommerce, and lead gen clients in the U.S.