Event Sponsorship and Group Sales Coordinator
- Hanapin Marketing
- Bloomington, IN
- Onsite or Remote
Posted 58 days ago
Hanapin Marketing is proud to be an industry-leading digital marketing agency that focuses on just one thing: pay-per-click advertising (PPC). We believe focus is everything, and it’s our objective to make everyone better at PPC: ourselves, our clients, our peers—the entire industry. That is why we host two industry-leading PPC conferences known as Hero Conf.
We are looking for a persistent Event Sponsorship and Group Sales Coordinator to drive financial partnerships and group attendance sales for both of our annual conferences. As our Event Sponsorship and Group Sales Coordinator, you will own the full sales cycle for both event sponsorships and group registrations in pursuit of hitting our target financial goals for each event. You will develop strategies to identify new sponsors and attendee groups for our events, manage communication with these prospects to ensure that they become sponsors and attend our conferences, and then continually work with our current and previous partners and groups to ensure that they have a great experience so that we retain them year-over-year.
We host two industry-leading annual conferences which are both focused on the training and professional development of pay-per-click advertisers. Our United States conference originally started in 2012 and it has grown into one of the premier conferences for digital marketing. Our European conference, held in London, has grown rapidly since the initial conference in 2016. Are you ready to be a part of our Marketing Team and take our sponsorships and group sales to the next level?
Here’s what you can expect to do as an Event Sponsorship and Group Sales Coordinator at Hanapin:
- Event Sponsorships Sales: The majority of your time will be focused on developing relationships with our current and potential sponsors. You will research potential stakeholders in order to identify new sponsorship opportunities. You will also work to build an exceptional sponsor experience to ensure that we retain our sponsors every year.
- Group Registration Sales: The rest of your time will be spent on increasing the number of group registrations (3+ attendees from the same company). You will be tasked with identifying new groups and following up with them to ensure that they register for our conference. You will also be focused on retaining our group registrations each year.
- Assisting with Event Coordination: On an as needed basis, you may be tasked with helping our Senior Event Manager with logistics and event execution for both events.
This is what we're looking for in you, our future Event Sponsorship and Group Sales Coordinator:
- Preference for individuals who have experience in outbound sales and/or event coordination
- Customer service orientation with a professional demeanor – excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to both of our annual conferences- which includes international travel
- Self-motivated – requires minimal supervision and enjoys running with a task
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills which enables you to adapt to varying audiences
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or G-Suite
- Demonstrated alignment to our company values of Reliability, Integrity, Creativity, Hana-thusiasm, and Resourcefulness
- Four-year degree in any field
- This role is open to both full time onsite and fully remote candidates, who are willing and able to travel per our required guidelines
- Ability to perform physical tasks, including but not limited to moving boxes and equipment, packing items for shipping, moving furniture or exhibit pieces, and remaining standing or walking for extended periods of time
Please submit a formal cover letter. This is your chance to tell us why working at Hanapin would be an excellent fit for you. Be sure to include the below information:
- A short, but sweet bio / introduction.
- Why is this position at Hanapin interests you
- Let us know how you learned about Hanapin and the position
- If you have applied previously, update us on anything that has changed since then
Please also provide contact information for at least two references. For your references, we'd love to see you endorsed by a former employer or supervisor.
We know searching for your next job is tough and that you want to find the best career and employer for you. We also want to ensure that this position is the best fit for both you and us. Therefore, you will participate in a comprehensive interview process for this position. The goal of this process is to allow you to get to know us as we learn more about you.
Thank you for your interest in Hanapin Marketing and best of luck!
- Position: Event Sponsorship and Group Sales Coordinator
- Classification: Full-time, salary, exempt
- Department: Marketing
- Reporting Relationship: Audrey Brown, Senior Event Manager
- Estimated Start: January 2020
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we have a standing policy of nondiscrimination at Hanapin Marketing. We respect the unique and diverse perspectives of all employees. We accord all qualified persons an equal opportunity for employment or promotion without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status or condition protected by federal, state, or local law. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or call us at 812-330-3134.
Hanapin has a normal office environment in which sitting and operating a computer for long periods of time is required. Disclaimer: this job description is not a comprehensive list of every responsibility that this job is required to complete.
Date last updated: 11/18/2019
About the company
Hanapin Marketing is a premiere digital marketing agency focused exclusively on PPC (pay-per-click) marketing. Founded in 2004, the company manages and optimizes paid search programs in areas including search marketing, conversion rate optimization, lead generation, social advertising, remarketing, programmatic and display marketing. Hanapin's core objective is to maximize our clients'? return on investment. Hanapin Marketing publishes the industry-leading blog, PPC Hero and produces the popular all PPC conference, Hero Conf.
PPC Hero Job Board Policy: Only open, relevant job openings may be posted on the PPC Hero Job Board. Ads or promotions not fitting this criteria will be considered a policy violation and will be removed.