Head of Growth
- Universal Yums
- Roseland, NJ
- Onsite or Remote
Posted 30 days ago
Maybe you’ve received one of the three million boxes we’ve shipped. Maybe you’ve seen our ads on Instagram. Maybe you’ve never heard of us.
Regardless, if you’re a strategic and analytical Head of Growth, we want you to apply.
Universal Yums started in 2014 with a simple concept: give people an opportunity to try unique foods and flavors from around the world. Our flagship product is a monthly subscription box offering snacks and candies from a different country each month. In 2020, we were ranked #569 on Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and have been featured in Forbes, Buzzfeed, The New York Times, and the Daily Mail for our novel product and our rapid success.
Now, the company has identified and vetted an exciting new opportunity in the Food and Beverage space. We are focused on building a larger team that will drive innovative ideas into the industry, support product launches, and lead current and new businesses.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of building a larger team and work directly with the company’s leadership to usher in a new era of growth.
About the Job
We’re looking for a data-driven and process-oriented Head of Growth to take on the responsibilities of achieving efficient customer acquisition across our paid social and search advertising platforms. This role will be focused on developing and continuously evolving our strategy for advertising on paid social and search advertising platforms by unlocking insights and opportunities in creative, campaign budget and structure, audience targeting, and new ad units. This role will join the Marketing Team who is responsible for creating and executing strategies to drive customer acquisition, grow customer LTV, and further establish our brands across a variety of channels.
- Serve as the owner for the paid search and social accounts by initially driving the strategy in Facebook Ads and Google Ads, and then expanding to own the budget and execution of new customer acquisition across new paid marketing channels
- Continuously evolve our strategy for customer acquisition on Facebook and Google based on results, introduction of new product lines, and the evolution of the platform.
- Monitor campaign performance, perform results analysis, and identify opportunities to grow and optimize performance in our paid social and search strategy, as well as broadly across the marketing team.
- Launch, test performance, and own the strategy for new paid social and search channels which may include TikTok, Snapchat, and others.
- Develop a strategy for ongoing A/B testing of creatives, audiences, and other settings to ensure we are continuously evolving our best practices for paid social and search. Analyze A/B test results and share insights broadly across the marketing team.
- Create and maintain process documentation that defines a clear set of rules governing our day-to-day account management
- Collaborate with the website development team to test landing pages, lead capture, and other on-site strategies that influence conversion rate. Identify opportunities to personalize the on-site experience through UTM parameters that identify the audience, creative, or keyword that brought the user to the site.
- Partner with the CMO to develop strategies to promote cross-selling between the Subscription Box and new lines of business with a focus on preventing cannibalization and increasing LTV.
- Write creative briefs and review creatives developed by the internal creative team. Focus on ensuring creative development is in line with best practices established by A/B testing and account results, and that creatives deliver on a clear consumer value proposition.
- Participate in building out the paid search and social marketing team responsible for executing against the strategy in our Facebook and Google accounts, as well as any other defined platforms.
- Measure and evolve customer attribution to provide a holistic view of channels
Are You Our Ideal Candidate?
If you’re asking that, you’re asking the right question. Our ideal candidate is introspective and focused on developing as a person. We believe that who we are today is malleable – and that intelligence can be further developed through effort, active learning, and new challenges.
- BA/BS in Marketing or STEM.
- 5+ years of experience in digital marketing.
- 3+ years of experience in managing Facebook and Google accounts.
- Experience in managing a $2M+ / year marketing budget.
- Up-to-date, intimate knowledge of Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads, and Google Analytics.
- Mastery of MS Excel or Google Sheets.
- Exceptional data analysis skills.
- Strong understanding of how to identify and write consumer value propositions for ad creatives.
- Ability to write detailed processes and create systems that automate routine work.
- Ability to summarize and present results and insights to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to independently determine work priorities and manage a team in order to deliver autonomously against high-level goals.
Additional qualifications which are helpful but not required are:
- Experience at a DTC ecommerce company is a plus.
- Experience as a people manager for a team of 3+ employees, and/or experience building out a team from scratch
About the company
Universal Yums is a rapidly growing eCommerce company that was founded in 2014 by two young and ambitious people who had nothing but $4000 and an original idea to travel the world through food. After almost 7 years in business, we’ve visited 34 different countries, became an integral part of new family traditions, and shipped over 3 million boxes to customers all over the world! Our flagship product is a monthly subscription box offering snacks and candies from a different country each month. We’ve been featured in Forbes, Buzzfeed, Uproxx, and the Daily Mail for our novel product and our rapid success.
PPC Hero Job Board Policy: Only open, relevant job openings may be posted on the PPC Hero Job Board. Ads or promotions not fitting this criteria will be considered a policy violation and will be removed.