Senior Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Analyst
- Workshop Digital
- Richmond, VA
- Onsite or Remote
Posted 47 days ago
Workshop Digital, headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, is a fast-growing digital marketing agency focused on building handcrafted strategies that help our clients achieve their business goals. Our Search Engine Optimization team is currently looking for an experienced, passionate Senior Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Analyst to join the team.
Our people are doing high-end work for high-end clients, but with the autonomy and client access that only a boutique agency can offer. As a Senior SEO Analyst, you shepherd clients’ success through careful research, strategy, execution, and analysis. Your data-backed contextual insights and subject-matter expertise guide clients’ business decisions, helping them achieve and exceed their goals.
We need a hungry, tenacious SEO professional to manage large and complex clients. We need someone who can effectively communicate and successfully implement custom SEO strategies to our clients. We need someone who sees an ever-changing industry rife with challenges, obstacles, and puzzles to solve and says, “Bring it on!”.
Due to COVID-19, Workshop Digital is working remotely. When it is safe to return, this position will be located onsite in our Richmond, Virginia office. In addition, we are open to discussion with candidates looking for a fully remote opportunity.
- Optimize client websites through a blend of technical and content updates
- Perform keyword research, analyze and report on competitor and keyword data to clients with support on complex issues
- Claim, update, optimize, and manage local listings for clients
- Write, optimize, and syndicate content on behalf of clients
- Generate and plan content ideas for clients including blog ideas, articles, or any other content
- Conduct comprehensive technical, content, and local audits
- Optimize client websites through conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- Create and prioritize strategies and supporting tactics that embody clients’ business goals
- Take ownership and accountability of client's performance by meeting and exceeding client expectations and set KPIs
- Setup and review Google Analytics (and any other third-party tracking software)
- Identify potential threats, changes in landscape, industry updates, and potential opportunities for client accounts and present these to clients
- Conduct ongoing tests that drive towards growth and achieving client goals
- Temporarily take on extra client hours to support the team during times of limited bandwidth
Client communication and relationships
- Develop strong relationships with clients and senior stakeholders
- Attend and participate in all meetings/calls with clients
- Communicate effectively with various audiences with occasional support
- Create and present insightful, meaningful, accurate reports and analysis
- Execute the Workshop Digital client flag process and proactively identify resolutions
- Go the extra mile for assigned clients within the scope of the SOW
- Regularly identify opportunities to update and expand training content
- Regularly develop original technical training content with QA
- Regularly conduct team trainings to help develop team expertise
- Read industry blogs, books, whitepapers, and articles to stay current on relevant tactics, updates, and best practices
- Occasionally contribute thought leadership content to the Workshop Digital blog and the industry
- Regularly serve as a mentor for junior team members
- Minimum of 3 years experience executing hands-on SEO work for high complexity clients
- Proven track record of driving killer results through ethical SEO practices
- Experience with Google Analytics or other comparable web analytics platforms
- Demonstrable skills in analyzing data, transforming numbers into actionable insights
- Advanced level skills in MS Office Suite and Google Suite, particularly in Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience mentoring junior team member by providing constructive feedback and basic training
- Hands-on experience with SEO tools such as Ahrefs, Moz, Screamingfrog
- Advanced and courteous written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Confident and articulate presenter
- Lifelong learner – You’re driven to stay informed on the ever-developing worlds of SEO and Content Marketing
- Strong technical experience in web development or SQL a plus
Who we are
Workshop Digital handcrafts digital marketing strategies so mid- to large-size companies stand out online and drive business growth. Unlike the assembly-line approach common in today’s digital marketing service models — designed to churn out boilerplate, replicable service — our team brings craftsmanship to our work and to the forefront of online technology. We are Workshop Digital, which is unlike anywhere else — and that’s a good thing.
What To Expect From Us
- Flexible vacation days along with typical paid holidays
- Opportunity to attend industry events and conferences
- Comprehensive training programs available for cross-training
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance, STD and LTD, 401k with employer contributions
- Comprehensive performance management process to plan, monitor and evaluate employee growth and development
- A fun, challenging, and collaborative work environment
We Weave Our Core Values into Everything We Do
- We are ethical
- We are accountable
- We are transparent
- We are eager to learn and willing to be wrong
- We are empowered to be awesome in work & life
- We go the extra mile for our clients
Workshop Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Workshop Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
About the company
We help exceptional companies grow through results-driven digital marketing, including Pay Per Click (PPC), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and Digital Public Relations. We believe in ethical, accountable and transparent digital marketing efforts. To that end, we seek to fully understand our clients’ businesses so that we can build custom strategies that drive real bottom line results. While technology is essential to our jobs, we believe that it can’t replace a human’s ability to think critically and connect emotionally. So, behind every sophisticated tool we use, there is a dedicated team delivering expert analysis and strategy that build the best client outcomes. As dreamers who love data, we’re inspired to stay ahead of industry fads, so we don’t just guide clients with best practices -- but lead the industry forward by never settling for the status quo. We thrive by getting our hands dirty and believe that every detail matters. We have innate desires for self-expression and creativity that apply these traits to devise new ways to support our clients.
PPC Hero Job Board Policy: Only open, relevant job openings may be posted on the PPC Hero Job Board. Ads or promotions not fitting this criteria will be considered a policy violation and will be removed.