SEO Analyst I
- Workshop Digital
- Richmond, VA
- Onsite Only
Posted 8 days ago
Workshop Digital, headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, is a fast-growing digital marketing agency focused on building handcrafted strategies that help our clients achieve their business goals. Our Search Engine Optimization team is currently looking to fill an entry-level SEO position.
SEO Analyst I should have a basic understanding of SEO and be enthusiastic about results-driven marketing. Because our clients expect the best, SEO Analyst I at Workshop Digital must complete our in-house training before working on client accounts.
A willingness to learn and passion for digital marketing are essential to growth in this position. During your first 90 days, you will have constant support and training from the senior members of the Workshop Digital SEO Team.
- Studying and passing the Google Analytics Certification test within 2 months of start date.
- Complete Workshop Digital SEO Training Program within 8 weeks.
- Perform keyword research to influence SEO strategy.
- Optimizing client websites through a blend of technical and content updates so that websites are compliant with webmaster guidelines and optimized for search.
- Building links for clients in an ethical and sustainable way.
- Writing and optimizing content on behalf of clients for purpose of improving ranks in an ethical way.
- Generating content ideas for clients including blog ideas, articles, or any other content.
- Thorough understanding of Google and Bing Webmaster Tools and any other webmaster application as it becomes available.
- Thorough understanding of various SEO software tools such as ahrefs, SEOMoz, Whitespark, SERPs, or any other software purchased by Workshop Digital to aid in client results.
- Creating insightful, meaningful, accurate reports and analysis of SEO work, conversion data, social data, Webmaster Tools data, traffic data and any other data relevant to client results.
- Immediately inform management of any updates, concerns or potential points of interest from within the search marketing community or from clients.
- Read industry blogs, books, whitepapers and articles to stay current on SEO tactics, updates and best practices.
Experience and skills we like to see
- Basic understanding of search engine marketing
- Interest and enthusiasm for results-driven marketing
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Eagerness for continued development and learning
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Superlative written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Lifelong learner – You’re driven to stay informed on the ever-developing worlds of SEO and Content Marketing.
This is a full-time position located onsite in our Richmond, Virginia office.
Who we are
Workshop Digital handcrafts digital marketing strategies so mid- to large-size companies stand out online and drive business growth. Unlike the assembly-line approach common in today’s digital marketing service models — designed to churn out boilerplate, replicable service — our team brings craftsmanship to our work and to the forefront of online technology. We are Workshop Digital, which is unlike anywhere else — and that’s a good thing.
What to expect from us
- Unlimited vacation days along with your typical paid holidays
- Ability to attend industry events and conferences
- Comprehensive training programs available for cross-training & new advertising platforms
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance along with life/disability insurance
- 401k with employer contributions
- Quarterly check-ins to discuss your career path
- A safe, fun, challenging, and collaborative work environment
We Weave Our Core Values into Everything We Do
- We are ethical
- We are accountable
- We are transparent
- We are eager to learn and willing to be wrong
- We are empowered to be awesome in work & life
- We go the extra mile for our clients
Workshop Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Workshop Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
About the company
We help exceptional companies grow through results-driven digital marketing, including Pay Per Click (PPC), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and Digital Public Relations. We believe in ethical, accountable and transparent digital marketing efforts. To that end, we seek to fully understand our clients’ businesses so that we can build custom strategies that drive real bottom line results. While technology is essential to our jobs, we believe that it can’t replace a human’s ability to think critically and connect emotionally. So, behind every sophisticated tool we use, there is a dedicated team delivering expert analysis and strategy that build the best client outcomes. As dreamers who love data, we’re inspired to stay ahead of industry fads, so we don’t just guide clients with best practices -- but lead the industry forward by never settling for the status quo. We thrive by getting our hands dirty and believe that every detail matters. We have innate desires for self-expression and creativity that apply these traits to devise new ways to support our clients.
PPC Hero Job Board Policy: Only open, relevant job openings may be posted on the PPC Hero Job Board. Ads or promotions not fitting this criteria will be considered a policy violation and will be removed.