Become a PPC Hero
Join over 34,000 other subscribers and get the PPC resources that best fit your needs as a modern digital marketer. Select your subscriptions to the right.
SEO & Content Manager
- SDSU World Campus
- San Diego, CA
- Onsite or Remote
Posted 2 days ago
FUNCTION OF THE UNIT
San Diego State University World Campus has exciting opportunities within its growing Marketing Team, currently at eleven, as we expand our efforts in meeting the needs of non-traditional students and being a global leader in providing innovative education programs that transform lives.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The SEO and Content Manager will produce SEO and CRO content, writing, editing, proofreading, as well as formulating SEO content strategies. This position will manage internal writing & social media resources as well as outside freelancers and contractors, as well as creating content, and will report to the Executive Director of Marketing.
It is expected the candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to manage a diverse workload.
The following information is intended to be representative of the work performed by incumbents in this position and is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of position responsibilities. Job descriptions may be changed at any time based on the needs of the department. The SEO and Content Manager is responsible for but not limited to:
- Manage content writer and contractors to support marketing initiatives.
- Stay abreast of SEO industry trends, best practices, and algorithm updates.
- Create content that performs well in search, social, and other channels that is also optimized for conversion (CRO) including limited traditional and print collateral.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Provide thought leadership and be regarded as a trusted advisor supporting day-to-day content marketing initiatives. This will include working hand and hand with our Market Analyst in keyword and search trend for SDSU World Campus new and existing offerings.
- Implement smart and sustainable SEO strategies.
- Work to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code.
- Conduct content and site audits to identify content and technical SEO opportunities and threats.
- Work with Design & Production teams to drive SEO in Digital asset creation.
- Edit content produced according to style guide and provide constructive feedback to other content contributors.
- Be a SEO content creator and contributor to supplement the SEO content efforts.
- Monitor the overall performance of organic search efforts.
- Use data to uncover and identify high-performing topics and formats and adjust editorial strategy to hit goals.
- Analyze campaign success and share insights and best practices for future projects.
- Responsible for meeting internal client expectations on timelines, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive analysis, and other follow-up items related to content marketing campaigns.
- Seek departmental efficiencies through technology, tool usage, automation, and partner relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned which may arise from the changing and evolving nature of World Campus marketing activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS
Core Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency and capabilities with personal computers and software, and the Web. Working knowledge of standard computer office applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google G Suite, or other productivity software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain cooperative, effective working relationships with academic and staff employees and the public. Ability to interact with others in a direct, cooperative, and tactful manner and with a professional demeanor.
- Excellent storyteller, writer, and editorialist.
- Detail-oriented and ability to schedule routine tasks and complete autonomously.
Project Specific Knowledge and Abilities
- Experienced with the user journey, searcher behaviors, and in how to create content strategies that drive results.
- Familiarity with popular SEO tools (Moz, Buzzstream, SEMRush, Google Search Console, BrightEdge, Conductor, SearchMetrics, Google Analytics) and link research tools (Majestic SEO, Open Site Explorer, Ahrefs, Kerboo etc.).
- Working knowledge and experience using Content Management Systems (Drupal a plus) and Social Media tools such as Hootsuite.
- Strategic, metrics-driven mindset with a passion for the art and science of SEO and how it interacts with content, Social, PR, media, and promotion planning to drive a positive searcher experience.
- Familiar with UX best practices and how they affect SEO.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of SEO, content management, and writing experience (In adult learner education a plus).
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- Submit at least three (3) samples of your SEO work along with the reasoning and goals behind it, and the outcomes.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS
- Content creation/creative experience (video, audio, written, custom graphics, etc.) a plus.
- International digital marketing experience a plus.
- Experience working cross-functionally in a matrixed organization.
- Exceptional communication, prioritization, interpersonal, and time/project management skills.
About the company
Our mission is to be a world leader in delivering innovative educational experiences to all learners, expanding opportunity and transforming lives. Our programs and technologies are ever-evolving to meet ever-changing needs; our high level of service and support is a constant.
PPC Hero Job Board Policy: Only open, relevant job openings may be posted on the PPC Hero Job Board. Ads or promotions not fitting this criteria will be considered a policy violation and will be removed.