Landing Page Tips That Should Be Set In Stone [Infographic]
February 13, 2014
For this month’s infographic, we wanted to emphasize landing page tips that are key to conversion rate optimization (CRO) to go along with this month’s CRO Toolkit, which can still be found over at our CRO Toolkit page on the Hanapin Marketing site.
Below is a transcript of the copy included in the above infographic image. Enjoy!
Landing Page Tips That Should Be Set in Stone
Mastering the Timeless Art of Conversion Rate Optimization
There might be too much information about landing page optimization out there. How do you chisel away the bad to discover the useful tips? This guide features rules for your landing page that should be set in stone.
Everything Within Reach
- Calls to Action (CTAs) should be easily clickable and above the fold
- 70% of small B2B companies don’t have a CTA on their landing page
- The color and size of CTA button should be appropriate (not obnoxious, but not lost)
- Be sure to sprinkle conversion options throughout page
- 57% of B2B companies and 69% of B2C companies say conversion is the most useful metric to gauge landing page performance
- 37% of B2B companies and 56% of B2C companies say increasing lead-to-conversion rate is their most critical landing page goal
- Highlight deals or promos in your messaging
- Make sure your contact form is in an appropriate place (not forced down the page)
- Use compelling calls to action to provoke clicks
- 47% of B2B companies and 34% of B2C companies say clickthrough rate (CTR) is the most useful metric to gauge landing page performance
- Utilize concrete facts, stats, or testimonials to back up your messages
- Ensure the copy voice is appropriate for the intended user and speaks to the target audience
- 62% of B2B companies and 34% of B2C companies say increasing lead gen is their most critical landing page goal
- The copy should be balanced: avoid large block paragraphs as well as text chunks that are too choppy/broken up
Relevant and Varied
- Use a variety of images with both wide and close-up focus: repeating the same image composition can be redundant and unappealing
- Vary image sizes, too — by increasing product photo size 28%, one auction site saw 63% more clicks and 329% more bids
- Use imagery that is relevant to the objective of the page
- Balance the use of imagery with the amount of text; there should not be too much of either
- 51% of B2B marketers and 65% of B2C marketers said redesigning/simplifying their landing page was the best optimization strategy
These tips stand the test of time: etch them into your rulebook for landing page success.
Browse By Category
Seven insights hiding in Google’s new Christmas shopping research
In December 2017, Google released a set of statistics about the Christmas shopping season. Use these insights in AdWords to make this your best December ever.
Stop Using Google's First Page Estimates to Set Your Bids
Google's First Page Bid Estimates can't be trusted. Adjust your bid strategy based on average position and not using this metric.
Your Guide to Getting Organized for PPC Success
Organization is key to success in the PPC industry. Here is a guide to organizing your space, time, resources, and workload for efficient PPC management.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
A Reminder About Work-Life Balance
Proper Work-Life Balance Is Something Easily Forgotten. Here Is A Reminder That It's Okay To Have A Life Outside Of Work & Constantly Checking Performance.
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.