PPC News Roundup for June 18, 2008
June 18, 2008
- What’s the future of Google Adwords Pay-Per-Action model? According to Search Engine Roundtable who spoke directly with their Google rep, Google doesn’t know where they’re headed with the PPA model but they’re not sending out any invitations to be a part of the beta, “while t he product team figures out what direction the model will take in the future.” Interesting…
- Search Engine Land posted a great article on landing page testing, how much is too much? They go into great detail on how to test landing pages and if you’re capable of having the volume required to achieve statistical significance.
- Don’t overlook the power of keywords in the singular form says Ann Smarty from Search Engine Journal. Ann talks about the differences between singular and plural forms of keywords and how they perform against each other. She shows Hitwise graphs and reports that have documented the success of the singular keyword over the plural.
- One of the aspects of the Google Quality Score that has remained hidden (more-so than the others) is the Account Quality Score. Andrew Goodman has written a very good article about inheriting low-quality AdWords account, what to do with them if they are linked to a poor score, and where do you go from there.
- SEM Geek has a very interesting article on the hierarchy of keywords, and creating a thorough launch plan for your PPC campaign. Your hierarchy is determined by the client’s navigational structure to their main site. I have built PPC campaigns in the same manner, and this is a good description to employ this method.
- Is anyone else impressed with the quality of posts coming out of the adCenter Blog lately? I sure am. Anyways, there isn’t much I can write about this post that isn’t explained by this excerpt: “The synergy between paid search and web analytics creates a feedback loop that can ratchet up the impact of both your search advertising and your web site.” In other words, you can’t be great at PPC without utilizing your analytics reports (this sounds strangely familiar).
- When Andrew Goodman has a “meta-thought” – you better watch out! In this semi-rant, Andrew describes his frustration with the immense attention given to SEO, link-bait and the personal happenings of the search marketing elite. The frustration comes from the lack of focus on the $15 billion per year PPC industry, the driving force of search marketing. This is a great read.
Browse By Category
A Buyer Persona Based Approach to Mapping Your Customer Journey
Explore how a persona-based approach is used to enhance customer experience, improve targeting accuracy, and harness behavioral analytics to their business objectives.
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.