Code of Conduct
The team at Hanapin Marketing is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity & expression, age, body size, disability, race, ethnicity or religion (or lack thereof). We do not tolerate harassment or hateful behavior in any form – in person or online. It is counter to our values as a company and more importantly counter to our morals. Conference participants violating these rules may be removed from the conference and/or after-hours activities without a refund at the discretion of Hanapin Marketing.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion.
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviors are expected to comply immediately.
Sponsors and exhibitors alike are subject to our anti-harassment policy and should not use sexualized images, activities, or promotional material onsite or online for the purpose of Hero Conf. Likewise, sexualized clothing, uniforms, costumes or behaviors that encourage a sexualized environment are not permitted.
Reporting an Issue & Contact Information
To report an issue, please bring any concerns to the immediate attention of:
Audrey Brown, Senior Event Manager, email@example.com.
All reports will be kept confidential.
Steps to Resolution
Hanapin Marketing staff members are held accountable for taking each reported incident seriously and will follow the subsequent protocol to handle an incident:
- If imminent danger is not present, authorities will only be called at the victim’s request.
- Hanapin staff will collect details of the incident, preferably in writing, from those involved.
- Questions will be asked to ensure the incident is thoroughly recorded, to include but are not limited to:
- Identifying information (name/company) of the participant doing the harassing
- The behavior that was in violation
- The approximate time of the behavior (if different than the time the report was made)
- The circumstances surrounding the incident
- Other people involved in the incident
- Details are to be relayed to conference organizers at which they will inform the harasser of the allegations and allow the alleged harasser to voice his or her side of the story.
- A staff meeting will be held to determine next actionable steps correlated to the severity of the incident.
- Hanapin’s response will be communicated to all parties involved. Hanapin Marketing staff retains the right to remove any disruptive participants, or participants creating a hostile environment, from Hero Conf.
We invite you to help us make Hero Conf a welcoming and respectful event to all participants by following our anti-harassment guidelines.