Landing Page Tips That Should Be Set In Stone [Infographic]
February 13, 2014
For this month’s infographic, we wanted to emphasize landing page tips that are key to conversion rate optimization (CRO) to go along with this month’s CRO Toolkit, which can still be found over at our CRO Toolkit page on the Hanapin Marketing site.
Below is a transcript of the copy included in the above infographic image. Enjoy!
Landing Page Tips That Should Be Set in Stone
Mastering the Timeless Art of Conversion Rate Optimization
There might be too much information about landing page optimization out there. How do you chisel away the bad to discover the useful tips? This guide features rules for your landing page that should be set in stone.
Everything Within Reach
- Calls to Action (CTAs) should be easily clickable and above the fold
- 70% of small B2B companies don’t have a CTA on their landing page
- The color and size of CTA button should be appropriate (not obnoxious, but not lost)
- Be sure to sprinkle conversion options throughout page
- 57% of B2B companies and 69% of B2C companies say conversion is the most useful metric to gauge landing page performance
- 37% of B2B companies and 56% of B2C companies say increasing lead-to-conversion rate is their most critical landing page goal
- Highlight deals or promos in your messaging
- Make sure your contact form is in an appropriate place (not forced down the page)
Crisp and Compelling
- Use compelling calls to action to provoke clicks
- 47% of B2B companies and 34% of B2C companies say clickthrough rate (CTR) is the most useful metric to gauge landing page performance
- Utilize concrete facts, stats, or testimonials to back up your messages
- Ensure the copy voice is appropriate for the intended user and speaks to the target audience
- 62% of B2B companies and 34% of B2C companies say increasing lead gen is their most critical landing page goal
- The copy should be balanced: avoid large block paragraphs as well as text chunks that are too choppy/broken up
Relevant and Varied
- Use a variety of images with both wide and close-up focus: repeating the same image composition can be redundant and unappealing
- Vary image sizes, too — by increasing product photo size 28%, one auction site saw 63% more clicks and 329% more bids
- Use imagery that is relevant to the objective of the page
- Balance the use of imagery with the amount of text; there should not be too much of either
- 51% of B2B marketers and 65% of B2C marketers said redesigning/simplifying their landing page was the best optimization strategy
These tips stand the test of time: etch them into your rulebook for landing page success.
Leveraging Analytics For Remarketing: Picking The Ripest Fruit
Remarketing prevalence is well founded based on competitive returns in both volume and efficiency. With that said, this "low hanging fruit" world isn't always easy to pick.
How To Analyze Time-Of-Day Performance For Luxury Products
The importance of ad schedules varies across industries, services, and products. For e-commerce companies that sell luxury goods, ad schedules are more crucial.
One Week Left to Save 25% at Hero Conf London!
You still have time to join us for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul's at 25% off the conference price. But time is running out.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
4 Common Questions Prospects Ask Me During The Sales Process
There’s always new, hot topics and questions we get asked by prospects to see what our company’s take is, and how we go about implementing from a services perspective. Read what our most common questions are.
Mobile Price Extensions Rolling Out In AdWords
It looks like "Christmas in July" has come to Google. Recently announced price extensions are designed to help mobile marketers qualify clicks and inform prospective consumers.
[New Whitepaper!] 4 Ways To Survive PPC Campaigns for the Healthcare Market...
This whitepaper will highlight four examples of how thinking at the corners can help boost your PPC performance in the healthcare industry.
Create Visually Appealing Reports With Google Data Studio
When we talk about what tasks tend to eat up a significant chunk of time, reporting is surely mentioned. You may want to explore another option - Google Data Studio.
Liveblogging 2016 DoubleClick Announcements
Today is the day we learn more about the latest DoubleClick updates. Follow along live as we share DoubleClick's announcements as well as our opinions.
The 2016 Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts
After a month of voting, rigorous research and data analysis, we are excited to announce the wildly anticipated list of the Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts for 2016.
[New Webinar with AdEspresso!] 4 Effective Strategies for Facebook Lead Gen...
In this new webinar, AdEspresso and Hanapin experts discuss four effective strategies to use Facebook Lead Gen Ads for your business.
PPC Hero Launches New Site!
We're excited to announce the launch of a brand new PPC Hero! We've redesigned the site to be more search friendly with a better navigation system and more opportunity to find the right resources quicker.
How To Get More Out Of Excel Solver
Excel Solver is a fantastic tool, but most examples only cover simple marketing use cases. We’ll cover the next steps of enhancing your models and how to automate the process.
Where You Should Focus Your Facebook Brand Awareness Efforts
Learn the basic metrics to focus on when you want to build awareness on Facebook.