PPC Hero Blog Series
We often explore complex search marketing issues with in-depth analysis & research. To really give a topic the attention that it requires, we will write an entire series of articles that focus on one hot PPC topic. This is where our blog series come in! We craft each blog series so that it is truly an authoritative document on the topic at hand.
The Dynamic Series (September 2013)
- The Ultimate How-To Guide for Bing Parameters
- Creating Dynamic Ads with Scripts
- Does DKI Really Work? [Case Study]
- How Dynamic Search Ads Can Fill The Gaps In Your Account
- Case Study: 78% Lower CPAs With Dynamic Remarketing
Making the Most of Google Analytics with PPC (August 2013)
- 5 Google Analytics Reports You Need to Succeed in PPC
- Create a Content Experiment in 4 Easy Steps
- 3 Events You Must Start Tracking In Analytics
- Get the Data You Need – Custom Reports in Google Analytics
- How the Visitors Flow Report in Analytics Will Make Your Account Better
PPC Hero’s Time Saving Tips (July 2013)
- Build Out Your Account With 3 Time-Saving Tips
- Quality Score: The Quick & Dirty Trick That Can Save You Time & Money
- Save Time With The Ten Minute PPC Audit
- This 15 Minute Excel Macro Provides Granular Search Term Data
- The One Hour Placement Report
A Deep Dive Into Comparison Shopping Engines (CSEs)
- A deep dive into comparison-shopping engines & strategies
- The top 10 CSEs
- The Do’s & Don’t’s of Three Popular CSEs
- How to Optimize CSEs
- 5 Easy Mistakes to Avoid
How We’ve Changed Our Mind About PPC Lately (June 2013)
- 25 Ways PPC Has Changed In The Past Year
- Refresh Your Ad Testing With 4 New Analyses
- Making Conversion Rate Optimization Work for You & Your Client
- Revisiting Display Targeting One Year Later
- Three Ways to Account for Mobile Traffic in a Post-Enhanced World
Growing Your Account the Smart Way (May 2013)
- 4 Keyword Research Tips To Grow Your Account
- Using the Ever-Mysterious Beta to Grow Your Account
- Growing Your PPC Account Budget the Smart Way
- 3 Ways To Grow Your Display Efforts
- Grow Your Account With YouTube Advertising
Spring Cleaning (April 2013)
- Know When It’s Time to Delete Your Paused Keywords
- How To Tidy Up Your Negative Keywords
- Spring Clean Your Display Campaigns
- Spr’Bing Cleaning: 7 Simple Steps For Your Bing Accounts
- Ad Copy Clean Up – What to Get Rid of & What to Keep
Advanced Back to Basics (March 2013)
- It Might Be Time To Revisit Your Account’s Structure
- Writing Successful PPC Ad Copy – Building from Account Structure & Beyond
- Bid Management: From Basic To Advanced
- Going Beyond the Basics with PPC Keyword Research
- Get Descriptive With Your Keyword Match Types
Starting PPC For eCommerce Sites: A Beginner’s Handbook
Responding to the Big Changes in PPC (February 2013)
- Google Says “Do Mobile or the Kitten Gets It”
- Facebook’s New Conversion Tracking is Pretty Great
- A detailed look at Google’s new Enhanced Sitelinks
- Enhanced Campaign Silver Linings: Geo Targeting
- Fact Checking Google: Tablet and Computers Are Not the Same!
- Enhanced Campaigns – It Isn’t All Bad, But We Have Some Thoughts
New Testing for the New Year (January 2013)
- I Dare You to Try Out the DCO
- Ad Testing for 2013 – Plan Now for MONTHS!
- Are You Getting The Most Out Of Your Landing Pages?
- Testing New Keywords Without The Anxiety
- 11 Important Questions You Must Ask Yourself About Your Google Display Campaigns
The Biggest Thing in My PPC Year (December 2012)
- The 10 Reports that Made Me Fall in Love with Pivot Tables
- How Ad Rotation Settings (Almost) Ruined My Year
- Agency or In-House? Choosing The Right PPC Path For You
- Lessons Learned From AdWords Flexible Reach
- Product Listing Ads: My Favorite Thing About 2012
- Lessons Learned in 2012: Three Tips to Understand Your Account
Holiday PPC (November 2012)
- Benchmarking PPC in your Industry for the Holiday Season
- How To Optimize Product Listing Ads For The Holidays
- Lead Generation’s Sad Holiday Season Won’t Last Forever
- Stocking Stuffer Keyword Ideas
- Holiday Ad Copy & How to Schedule Holiday Ad Tests
Numbers You Can’t Trust in PPC (October 2012)
- Why AdWords and Analytics Don’t Match
- Google Display and Placement Fraud – Is Your Money Being Wasted?
- Misleading PPC Competition Metrics: A Case Study
- Who Are The Others? Google’s Frustrating Search Term Report
- Stop Using Google’s First Page Estimates to Set Your Bids
Excel Strategies and Tips (September 2012)
- How to Use Excel to Estimate New PPC Account Performance
- Using Excel to Get the Best Budgets for Your Campaigns
- 3 Time-Saving Techniques For PPC Managers Using Excel Filters
- 5 Excel Time Savers For PPC Ad Writing
- Analyze Your Account in Minutes With Excel
Conversion Rate Optimization and Landing Pages (August 2012)
- Engaged CRO: A 5-Step Plan for Full Client Support
- Why I Love My PPC-Only Landing Page (In addition to the 2,000% increase in conversion rate)
- How To Set-Up Analytics Funnels & Use Them For Conversion Rate Optimization
- Leveraging Analytics Goals & Reporting Features To Improve Conversion Rates
- 54 Conversion Rate Optimization Tips To Improve Your PPC Campaigns
Automation in PPC (July 2012)
- Top 3 Ways to Self-Automate Your PPC Account Work
- Bid Management Software Is The Future of PPC
- How To Use Google Automated Rules For Targeting Optimal Ad Positions
- Deeper Understanding of CPA Bidding: Best Practices, a Case Study and Breaking It Off
- Using PPC Desktop Editors To Save Time & Streamline Your Workflow
Mobile PPC (June 2012)
- How To Gain Client Buy-In for Mobile PPC
- You’re Closer to Being Mobile-Traffic-Ready than You Think: PPC Case Studies
- Building A Mobile Landing Page With HowToGoMo: A Case Study & A How-To!
- 6 PPC Optimization Tips For mCommerce Campaigns in 2012
- 7 Analytics Reports To Get You Thinking About Your Mobile PPC Campaigns
Get Your Brand in Front of Dedicated PPC Pros!
We're headed to London to join nearly 300 of our best PPC friends. And we still have a limited number of opportunities for your brand to join us!
The Top Ten Tips For Effective Dayparting
Determining your need for hour of day modifiers can provide extremely competitive returns based on time invested in implementing.
Should You Be Creating Device Specific Campaigns?
Creating new device specific campaigns is a lot of work and can potentially overcrowd your account. You need to determine if this tactic is right for you.
9 Hero Conf London Advanced Sessions You Can't Miss
If you'd like some more details (and we've got plenty of details), how about a rundown of the deepest, most actionable sessions you'll see. These 9 sessions are designed for the expert-level PPC professional.
Why Your PPC Account Isn’t Living Up To Its Potential
I will review common themes that I see in either prospective clients, new clients, or accounts that are red that aren't living up to their potential.
[New Webinar!] 6 Steps To An Advanced Competitor Analysis For Digital Marke...
In this new live webinar, Hanapin’s Jacob Fairclough and SEMrush’s Paul Klebanov will direct you through the process of analyzing your own account, comparing it to your competition, and taking the steps to put your brand above the rest.
5 Psychological Principles You Should Be Using In Your Marketing
I propose that knowing what your audience is thinking or even the steps in their thought process is even more beneficial than simply knowing who they are.
Add It To The List - Structured Snippets Now Available In Bing
Another item for the list of new features in Bing - Structured Snippets are now available to all U.S. advertisers, with international support already being rolled out.
Do You Want A Free PPC Hero T-Shirt?
We're conducting a brief 2-minute survey to get your thoughts and opinions. By taking the survey, you'll get entered to win a certified PPC Hero shirt! Fill out the survey by Friday, September 23rd.
4 Tips To Survive An Account Manager Change
Have you ever received a call or email from your agency that you will be getting a new account manager? The thought could be frightening, especially if you LOVE your current AM. After you take a deep breath and realize life will go on, keep...
Build Your PPC Network, One Pro at a Time!
Do you ever feel that the people who understand your role best live mostly on Twitter? Is it sometimes difficult to find those few individuals you know you can count on for the best PPC advice? We’ve got the solution for your paid search woes.
Balancing Volume, Competition, And Intent To Find The Right Keyword
Although it isn’t going to bring results as quickly as a PPC campaign (and you can even use these methods for PPC), you can’t go wrong with a good old organic traffic campaign running alongside your ads.