Finalist: How to Take Advantage of Enhanced Campaigns
March 17, 2013
Ever since Google’s Enhanced campaigns announcement, there has been an excess of views on its negative implications. No matter what your views are on Enhanced Campaigns, this is something that will inevitably impact you sooner than later. We’ve come up with some ways for you to best take advantage of Enhanced Campaigns.
Ad Extensions – This is one of the biggest benefits you get from upgrading to enhanced campaigns.
- Ad Group level extensions – This allows you to be more specific in which ad extensions you want to show for different products or services you offer.
- Ad extension scheduling – Schedule when you want your ad extensions to show. i.e. if your call center is only open from 9-5, schedule click to call to run during this time.
- Device Ad Extension Preference – Show specific extensions for desktop v.s. mobile users. i.e. for mobile you can have sitelinks for store locator or in-store deals
- Digital Downloads – You now have the ability to include a download option for your mobile ad extensions. i.e. if you have an app that you’d like to increase adoption, you can now have mobile users download it directly from your ad!
- Offer extensions – Watch out Groupon and Living Social! You can now include offers directly in your search ad. i.e. If you are you having a promotion or sale, you can include the offer in your ad.
Consumer Context – This is the biggest reason why Google is releasing enhanced campaigns. With the convergence in technology and price points from various devices, consumer context becomes increasingly more important than what operating system you are searching on.
1. User Intent – What is the intent of the consumer’s search query?
- Looking to buy – If a consumer is looking to purchase your product, you can show them ad extensions around free shipping or include a call to action
- Research – If a consumer is researching your product, you can show them ad extensions for pictures, more info, or comparison pages.
- Price Conscious – If consumers are looking for the lowest price or best deals for a product or service, you can show them ad extensions for any offers or promotions that you may be running.
2. User Location – Is a consumer within 1 mile of your store? If so, you can add a premium bid for that user and show them a mobile ad with your address or a store locator sitelink.
3. User Time – Is a consumer searching for you during business hours? You can show them an ad with your address and phone number for them to contact you or visit you in person. If they are searching outside of business hours, you can show them an ad that directs them to your website where they can purchase the product or service.
Although there are certain pitfalls from Google’s Enhanced Campaigns (Expected CPC increase and removal of Tablet segmentation), it’s important to note that the other changes help offset it. This allows marketers to take their expertise on their business and consumers and apply them to search marketing. Say goodbye to focusing on what operating system consumers use and hello to focusing on your consumer’s context based on intent, time, and location.
Creative strategy and account structure will play a pivotal role in taking advantage of all these features. If a marketer is able to formulate a strategy for every type of consumer, Enhanced Campaigns can become a very effective and powerful tool.
Road Trip - 5 Tips For Creating International Campaigns
International markets can add complexity to any account, but here are a few settings and opportunities to make your global ad strategy stand out in non-US markets.
Discover 3 Levels Of Geo Targeting For Beginners, Intermediates, & Experts
Setting geographic targets is day one. Whether it’s to exclude places you cannot sell or serve or to specifically target your primary customer base, the implementation of geo-targets is on the must-do list.
[New Webinar!] What You Need To Know About New AdWords Features
In this new live webinar, Hanapin Associate Director of Services Jeff Baum and Optmyzr’s CEO Frederick Vallaeys will walk you through the new AdWords tools and show how you can use them to optimize your accounts.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Social Strategies You Need To Know For App Promotion
Create social strategies to promote app awareness and leverage geographic and demographic data reported by these platforms to refine audiences.
Guide the Industry and Take the 2016 State of PPC Survey!
Each year, Hanapin Marketing manages extensive research into the State of PPC Report, which provides a statistical breakdown of the digital ad industry and guides expectations.
What's In A Name? Building Powerful Product Titles For Ecommerce
Over the years, we've tested a variety of different product title alterations in hopes of finding the perfect title. Did we? Yes, and no. The fact of the matter is, it depends.
What Upgraded Bing URLs Mean For You
Bing is continuing its effort to catch up with Adwords. Upgraded URLs, which isolate tracking parameters from final URLs, are now available to Bing advertisers.
Where Does Your Hero Conf Dollar (or Pound) Go?
5 Common Excel Issues And How To Fix
Excel, while a fabulous tool for PPC, is not without its occasional hang-ups. In this post, we’ll go through some common problems, and how to fix them.
[New Whitepaper!] Guide to Google AdWords: Advanced Edition
In this whitepaper, you will gain a greater understanding of the distinction between e-commerce and lead generation PPC strategies, learn the effective use of Remarketing, how to utilize advanced segmentation for improved targeting, cross-device attribution, and how to use automated rules in your accounts.
Google Announces Controversial Updates To The Keyword Planner Tool
Google updated the AdWords Community on the state of the Keyword Planner tool and the response from several advertisers was quite dramatic.
7 Overlooked Facebook Power Editor Features That Will Save You Time
I will be sharing often overlooked time-saving features for Facebook Power Editor so you can spend more energy on the tactics and strategy.
Ecommerce Secrets with Google, Bing, & Hanapin - New Webinar Panel!
This Thursday, August 18th at noon EST, we'll be hosting a webinar called "Supercharge Holiday Sales With These Must-Have PPC Tactics." Presenters include Carrie Albright, Jose Rodriguez, Purna Virji, and Matt Umbro.