Finalist: How to Take Advantage of Enhanced Campaigns
March 17, 2013
Ever since Google’s Enhanced campaigns announcement, there has been an excess of views on its negative implications. No matter what your views are on Enhanced Campaigns, this is something that will inevitably impact you sooner than later. We’ve come up with some ways for you to best take advantage of Enhanced Campaigns.
Ad Extensions – This is one of the biggest benefits you get from upgrading to enhanced campaigns.
- Ad Group level extensions – This allows you to be more specific in which ad extensions you want to show for different products or services you offer.
- Ad extension scheduling – Schedule when you want your ad extensions to show. i.e. if your call center is only open from 9-5, schedule click to call to run during this time.
- Device Ad Extension Preference – Show specific extensions for desktop v.s. mobile users. i.e. for mobile you can have sitelinks for store locator or in-store deals
- Digital Downloads – You now have the ability to include a download option for your mobile ad extensions. i.e. if you have an app that you’d like to increase adoption, you can now have mobile users download it directly from your ad!
- Offer extensions – Watch out Groupon and Living Social! You can now include offers directly in your search ad. i.e. If you are you having a promotion or sale, you can include the offer in your ad.
Consumer Context – This is the biggest reason why Google is releasing enhanced campaigns. With the convergence in technology and price points from various devices, consumer context becomes increasingly more important than what operating system you are searching on.
1. User Intent – What is the intent of the consumer’s search query?
- Looking to buy – If a consumer is looking to purchase your product, you can show them ad extensions around free shipping or include a call to action
- Research – If a consumer is researching your product, you can show them ad extensions for pictures, more info, or comparison pages.
- Price Conscious – If consumers are looking for the lowest price or best deals for a product or service, you can show them ad extensions for any offers or promotions that you may be running.
2. User Location – Is a consumer within 1 mile of your store? If so, you can add a premium bid for that user and show them a mobile ad with your address or a store locator sitelink.
3. User Time – Is a consumer searching for you during business hours? You can show them an ad with your address and phone number for them to contact you or visit you in person. If they are searching outside of business hours, you can show them an ad that directs them to your website where they can purchase the product or service.
Although there are certain pitfalls from Google’s Enhanced Campaigns (Expected CPC increase and removal of Tablet segmentation), it’s important to note that the other changes help offset it. This allows marketers to take their expertise on their business and consumers and apply them to search marketing. Say goodbye to focusing on what operating system consumers use and hello to focusing on your consumer’s context based on intent, time, and location.
Creative strategy and account structure will play a pivotal role in taking advantage of all these features. If a marketer is able to formulate a strategy for every type of consumer, Enhanced Campaigns can become a very effective and powerful tool.
How Should You Use Display Advertising?
We hear similar questions from clients on a regular basis. One question we hear often is “How do your other clients use Display Advertising?”
Expanded Text Ads: 7 Million Clicks Say They’re Underperforming
Over the past 6 weeks, we have been lucky enough to experiment with expanded text ads, and frankly, I’m not impressed with their performance.
£300 Off Hero Conf London Ends Tomorrow!
Time is nearly gone to reserve your seat for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul’s, at a huge discount off the regular conference rate!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Expanded Text Ads Come To Google AdWords Editor
Advertisers have been able to create expanded text ads, but couldn't utilize AdWords Editor. That has now changed with the release of the latest version of AdWords Editor.
Bidding Farewell to Adwords Converted Clicks: Don't Panic
AdWords will soon be saying goodbye to the "Converted Clicks" metric. Learn more about what this means for your account and how to prepare for the transition.
Olympic PPC Ad Strategies
How spectators consume sporting events and a massive expansion in the digital space will prove to shake up who and how advertisers reach their audiences.
Hanapin's PPC Resources Are Now Ungated!
You can now access Hanapin's whitepapers and toolkits without having to fill out a form!
View Ad Creative Through The Eyes Of Your Searchers
Learn to understand that ads do not live in the vacuum of an excel sheet and common practices should be tested.
[New Webinar!] 11 Red Flags To Watch Out For When Working With An Agency
Leveraging Analytics For Remarketing: Picking The Ripest Fruit
Remarketing prevalence is well founded based on competitive returns in both volume and efficiency. With that said, this "low hanging fruit" world isn't always easy to pick.
How To Analyze Time-Of-Day Performance For Luxury Products
The importance of ad schedules varies across industries, services, and products. For e-commerce companies that sell luxury goods, ad schedules are more crucial.
One Week Left to Save 25% at Hero Conf London!
You still have time to join us for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul's at 25% off the conference price. But time is running out.
4 Common Questions Prospects Ask Me During The Sales Process
There’s always new, hot topics and questions we get asked by prospects to see what our company’s take is, and how we go about implementing from a services perspective. Read what our most common questions are.