Microsoft adCenter Gets An Upgrade!
June 28, 2011
“Never complain when someone tries to help you. It doesn’t mean you can’t do it yourself, it’s just making it easier.”
My fiancé likes to say this to me when I get upset at him for trying to help me do things I want to do by myself (like move a heavy box, grab something off the top shelf, etc.). Great advice, right? Keeping that in mind, Microsoft adCenter has made another move to make things easier on the PPC manager for adCenter accounts!
According to Yahoo! Advertising Solutions, Microsoft adCenter is seeing a new round of upgrades this week that include:
- Radius Targeting: Target users using relevant business information and an interactive map within a radius of 5-100 miles. Also new additions to geo-location report, direct access to this feature from Campaigns tab, and other targeting improvements.
- Alerts: Color-coded flags will now appear in the upper left-hand corner of the adCenter screen to alert the account manager to any issues within the account. Flags are either red (critical alert) or yellow (non-critical alert) and are accessible from any tab in adCenter.
- Quality Score Optimization: The desktop tool now allows you to view quality score data, create advanced filters and bulk update keywords based on that data.
- Improved Campaign Budgeting: The account will automatically calculate a monthly budget for you when you set up campaigns with a daily budget amount.
So what’s the moral of the story? You could calculate your own monthly budget after setting up a daily budget campaign and you could find out if there’s a critical billing issue in your account without some of these updates, but they will certainly make life that much easier! So get out of adCenter’s way and let it help you, but don’t tell my fiancé that I said he gives good advice. I’ll never hear the end of it…
What do you think about the adCenter upgrades? Do you see yourself using them often or are you so used to doing some of it on your own it will be hard to remember the shortcut assists? Share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comments section below!
For further information about this topic, check out the following links:
- Microsoft adCenter Upgrades-Yahoo! Advertising Solutions
- Announcing the June 2011 Microsoft Advertising adCenter Upgrade-adCenter Blog
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more news updates from PPC Hero!
Browse By Category
Smart RLSA Tips for the Holiday Season
The holiday season is just around the corner! Get tips on how to fine tune your RLSA audiences to capture additional conversions or revenue.
Our Attendees Have Spoken - Why You Can't Miss London
At Hero Conf London, 23-25 October, we've created a schedule that can be tailored to any PPC role. In-depth, actionable sessions for the PPC Specialist and high-level strategies and tactics for the Marketing Manager looking to generate new opportunities.
Using Google Sheets as a Script Controller
Learn how to use Google Sheets to make AdWords script adjustments via spreadsheet rather than through the code itself.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How To Setup An Apple Search Ads Campaign
Apple Search Ads has become a huge force in the world of app downloads. Get tips on how to launch a campaign to promote an app!
Adding Facebook Ad Block Lists
Get tips on how to add a Facebook ad placement block list and start blocking your ads from appearing on certain websites.
Optimizing Display Advertising in an Omni-Channel World
We’re teaming up with DialogTech to tell you all about display tactics you can put in place for conversion success, both online and over the phone. DialogTech’s Blair Symes and Hanapin’s Stephanie White will show you the advanced strategies that will have a big impact...