“Never complain when someone tries to help you. It doesn’t mean you can’t do it yourself, it’s just making it easier.”
My fiancé likes to say this to me when I get upset at him for trying to help me do things I want to do by myself (like move a heavy box, grab something off the top shelf, etc.). Great advice, right? Keeping that in mind, Microsoft adCenter has made another move to make things easier on the PPC manager for adCenter accounts!
According to Yahoo! Advertising Solutions, Microsoft adCenter is seeing a new round of upgrades this week that include:
- Radius Targeting: Target users using relevant business information and an interactive map within a radius of 5-100 miles. Also new additions to geo-location report, direct access to this feature from Campaigns tab, and other targeting improvements.
- Alerts: Color-coded flags will now appear in the upper left-hand corner of the adCenter screen to alert the account manager to any issues within the account. Flags are either red (critical alert) or yellow (non-critical alert) and are accessible from any tab in adCenter.
- Quality Score Optimization: The desktop tool now allows you to view quality score data, create advanced filters and bulk update keywords based on that data.
- Improved Campaign Budgeting: The account will automatically calculate a monthly budget for you when you set up campaigns with a daily budget amount.
So what’s the moral of the story? You could calculate your own monthly budget after setting up a daily budget campaign and you could find out if there’s a critical billing issue in your account without some of these updates, but they will certainly make life that much easier! So get out of adCenter’s way and let it help you, but don’t tell my fiancé that I said he gives good advice. I’ll never hear the end of it…
What do you think about the adCenter upgrades? Do you see yourself using them often or are you so used to doing some of it on your own it will be hard to remember the shortcut assists? Share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comments section below!
For further information about this topic, check out the following links:
- Microsoft adCenter Upgrades-Yahoo! Advertising Solutions
- Announcing the June 2011 Microsoft Advertising adCenter Upgrade-adCenter Blog
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more news updates from PPC Hero!