Morning Clicks: Google, Bing Make Big Updates, Bing Teams Up With Twitter, Acquisio
July 2, 2014
Morning Clicks is your mid-week roundup of digital advertising news and notes. We’re your one-stop shop for the most relevant and important news in the PPC world. Grab your cup of joe and come see us every Wednesday morning.
- Google was busy with updates this week as you can now segment Brand terms in Analytics, segment performance by distance from a location, and reach the AdMob Network with ads. [PPC Hero]
- The Google Shopping Feed Specification also received updates this week. [Inside AdWords]
- Google AdWords launched conversion based bid strategies for remarketing lists. [PPC Hero]
- Speaking of conversions, the new conversion setting from Google AdWords are now available in Google Analytics. [PPC Hero]
- Bing also had updates on Keywords, Ads Editor, Security, and API. [PPC Hero]
- Acquisio teamed up with Bing and offered advertisers up to $2,500 to begin using Bing Ads for advertising. [Acquisio]
- Bing also utilized its relationship with Twitter, and began using Twitter based search features, including Hashtag search. [Search Engine Watch, Search Engine Land]
- Twitter also acquired Tap Commerce (mobile ad retargeting service) this past week. [Mashable]
The Latest From PPC Hero:
- Kayla Kurtz explains the 6 Factors to Assigning the Right Account Manager.
- Hanapin Senior Account Manager, Amanda West-Bookwalter lets you know about 8 PPC Hacks You Should Be Using.
- Guest Blogger, Tait Lawton, gives you A Client’s Introductory Guide to Pay Per Click Marketing.
[New Webinar!] How Brands Can Effectively Use Display Advertising
In this new live webinar, Hanapin Account Manager Kristin Vick will dive into the meat of Display advertising, revealing tips to use the strategy to its full potential and more specifically target your audiences.
5 Ways To Improve Display Network Performance By Using Layered Targeting
Display campaigns can be difficult when it comes to targeting the right audience. In this post, you will learn 5 ways to improve your Display strategy with multi-layered targeting.
Expanded Text Ads And Other Bing Ads Editor Updates
Pilot access for Expanded Text Ads is now available to Bing Ads users. Get access to the link and learn about other new features in the latest Bing Ads Editor update.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Keynotes from Bing & Google + the Hero Conf Advanced Track
Where do you go to get the most relevant information in PPC, plus the opportunity to network with the best and brightest the industry has to offer? Why Hero Conf, of course.
3 Questions You Need To Answer Before Beginning Paid Advertising
So you’ve you decided you want to start PPC advertising, but now you are asking, “Where do I start?” We've listed and answered 3 questions you should be asking.
Road Trip - 5 Tips For Creating International Campaigns
International markets can add complexity to any account, but here are a few settings and opportunities to make your global ad strategy stand out in non-US markets.
Discover 3 Levels Of Geo Targeting For Beginners, Intermediates, & Experts
Setting geographic targets is day one. Whether it’s to exclude places you cannot sell or serve or to specifically target your primary customer base, the implementation of geo-targets is on the must-do list.
[New Webinar!] What You Need To Know About New AdWords Features
In this new live webinar, Hanapin Associate Director of Services Jeff Baum and Optmyzr’s CEO Frederick Vallaeys will walk you through the new AdWords tools and show how you can use them to optimize your accounts.
The Social Strategies You Need To Know For App Promotion
Create social strategies to promote app awareness and leverage geographic and demographic data reported by these platforms to refine audiences.
Guide the Industry and Take the 2016 State of PPC Survey!
Each year, Hanapin Marketing manages extensive research into the State of PPC Report, which provides a statistical breakdown of the digital ad industry and guides expectations.
What's In A Name? Building Powerful Product Titles For Ecommerce
Over the years, we've tested a variety of different product title alterations in hopes of finding the perfect title. Did we? Yes, and no. The fact of the matter is, it depends.
What Upgraded Bing URLs Mean For You
Bing is continuing its effort to catch up with Adwords. Upgraded URLs, which isolate tracking parameters from final URLs, are now available to Bing advertisers.