Morning Clicks: Google, Bing Make Big Updates, Bing Teams Up With Twitter, Acquisio
July 2, 2014
Morning Clicks is your mid-week roundup of digital advertising news and notes. We’re your one-stop shop for the most relevant and important news in the PPC world. Grab your cup of joe and come see us every Wednesday morning.
- Google was busy with updates this week as you can now segment Brand terms in Analytics, segment performance by distance from a location, and reach the AdMob Network with ads. [PPC Hero]
- The Google Shopping Feed Specification also received updates this week. [Inside AdWords]
- Google AdWords launched conversion based bid strategies for remarketing lists. [PPC Hero]
- Speaking of conversions, the new conversion setting from Google AdWords are now available in Google Analytics. [PPC Hero]
- Bing also had updates on Keywords, Ads Editor, Security, and API. [PPC Hero]
- Acquisio teamed up with Bing and offered advertisers up to $2,500 to begin using Bing Ads for advertising. [Acquisio]
- Bing also utilized its relationship with Twitter, and began using Twitter based search features, including Hashtag search. [Search Engine Watch, Search Engine Land]
- Twitter also acquired Tap Commerce (mobile ad retargeting service) this past week. [Mashable]
The Latest From PPC Hero:
- Kayla Kurtz explains the 6 Factors to Assigning the Right Account Manager.
- Hanapin Senior Account Manager, Amanda West-Bookwalter lets you know about 8 PPC Hacks You Should Be Using.
- Guest Blogger, Tait Lawton, gives you A Client’s Introductory Guide to Pay Per Click Marketing.
[New Webinar!] 11 Red Flags To Watch Out For When Working With An Agency
Leveraging Analytics For Remarketing: Picking The Ripest Fruit
Remarketing prevalence is well founded based on competitive returns in both volume and efficiency. With that said, this "low hanging fruit" world isn't always easy to pick.
How To Analyze Time-Of-Day Performance For Luxury Products
The importance of ad schedules varies across industries, services, and products. For e-commerce companies that sell luxury goods, ad schedules are more crucial.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
One Week Left to Save 25% at Hero Conf London!
You still have time to join us for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul's at 25% off the conference price. But time is running out.
4 Common Questions Prospects Ask Me During The Sales Process
There’s always new, hot topics and questions we get asked by prospects to see what our company’s take is, and how we go about implementing from a services perspective. Read what our most common questions are.
Mobile Price Extensions Rolling Out In AdWords
It looks like "Christmas in July" has come to Google. Recently announced price extensions are designed to help mobile marketers qualify clicks and inform prospective consumers.
[New Whitepaper!] 4 Ways To Survive PPC Campaigns for the Healthcare Market...
This whitepaper will highlight four examples of how thinking at the corners can help boost your PPC performance in the healthcare industry.
Create Visually Appealing Reports With Google Data Studio
When we talk about what tasks tend to eat up a significant chunk of time, reporting is surely mentioned. You may want to explore another option - Google Data Studio.
Liveblogging 2016 DoubleClick Announcements
Today is the day we learn more about the latest DoubleClick updates. Follow along live as we share DoubleClick's announcements as well as our opinions.
The 2016 Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts
After a month of voting, rigorous research and data analysis, we are excited to announce the wildly anticipated list of the Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts for 2016.
[New Webinar with AdEspresso!] 4 Effective Strategies for Facebook Lead Gen...
In this new webinar, AdEspresso and Hanapin experts discuss four effective strategies to use Facebook Lead Gen Ads for your business.
PPC Hero Launches New Site!
We're excited to announce the launch of a brand new PPC Hero! We've redesigned the site to be more search friendly with a better navigation system and more opportunity to find the right resources quicker.
How To Get More Out Of Excel Solver
Excel Solver is a fantastic tool, but most examples only cover simple marketing use cases. We’ll cover the next steps of enhancing your models and how to automate the process.