Morning Clicks: Google, Bing Make Big Updates, Bing Teams Up With Twitter, Acquisio
Morning Clicks is your mid-week roundup of digital advertising news and notes. We’re your one-stop shop for the most relevant and important news in the PPC world. Grab your cup of joe and come see us every Wednesday morning.
- Google was busy with updates this week as you can now segment Brand terms in Analytics, segment performance by distance from a location, and reach the AdMob Network with ads. [PPC Hero]
- The Google Shopping Feed Specification also received updates this week. [Inside AdWords]
- Google AdWords launched conversion based bid strategies for remarketing lists. [PPC Hero]
- Speaking of conversions, the new conversion setting from Google AdWords are now available in Google Analytics. [PPC Hero]
- Bing also had updates on Keywords, Ads Editor, Security, and API. [PPC Hero]
- Acquisio teamed up with Bing and offered advertisers up to $2,500 to begin using Bing Ads for advertising. [Acquisio]
- Bing also utilized its relationship with Twitter, and began using Twitter based search features, including Hashtag search. [Search Engine Watch, Search Engine Land]
- Twitter also acquired Tap Commerce (mobile ad retargeting service) this past week. [Mashable]
The Latest From PPC Hero:
- Kayla Kurtz explains the 6 Factors to Assigning the Right Account Manager.
- Hanapin Senior Account Manager, Amanda West-Bookwalter lets you know about 8 PPC Hacks You Should Be Using.
- Guest Blogger, Tait Lawton, gives you A Client’s Introductory Guide to Pay Per Click Marketing.
Get Your Brand in Front of Dedicated PPC Pros!
We're headed to London to join nearly 300 of our best PPC friends. And we still have a limited number of opportunities for your brand to join us!
The Top Ten Tips For Effective Dayparting
Determining your need for hour of day modifiers can provide extremely competitive returns based on time invested in implementing.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Should You Be Creating Device Specific Campaigns?
Creating new device specific campaigns is a lot of work and can potentially overcrowd your account. You need to determine if this tactic is right for you.
9 Hero Conf London Advanced Sessions You Can't Miss
If you'd like some more details (and we've got plenty of details), how about a rundown of the deepest, most actionable sessions you'll see. These 9 sessions are designed for the expert-level PPC professional.
Why Your PPC Account Isn’t Living Up To Its Potential
I will review common themes that I see in either prospective clients, new clients, or accounts that are red that aren't living up to their potential.
[New Webinar!] 6 Steps To An Advanced Competitor Analysis For Digital Marke...
In this new live webinar, Hanapin’s Jacob Fairclough and SEMrush’s Paul Klebanov will direct you through the process of analyzing your own account, comparing it to your competition, and taking the steps to put your brand above the rest.
5 Psychological Principles You Should Be Using In Your Marketing
I propose that knowing what your audience is thinking or even the steps in their thought process is even more beneficial than simply knowing who they are.
Add It To The List - Structured Snippets Now Available In Bing
Another item for the list of new features in Bing - Structured Snippets are now available to all U.S. advertisers, with international support already being rolled out.
Do You Want A Free PPC Hero T-Shirt?
We're conducting a brief 2-minute survey to get your thoughts and opinions. By taking the survey, you'll get entered to win a certified PPC Hero shirt! Fill out the survey by Friday, September 23rd.
4 Tips To Survive An Account Manager Change
Have you ever received a call or email from your agency that you will be getting a new account manager? The thought could be frightening, especially if you LOVE your current AM. After you take a deep breath and realize life will go on, keep...
Build Your PPC Network, One Pro at a Time!
Do you ever feel that the people who understand your role best live mostly on Twitter? Is it sometimes difficult to find those few individuals you know you can count on for the best PPC advice? We’ve got the solution for your paid search woes.
Balancing Volume, Competition, And Intent To Find The Right Keyword
Although it isn’t going to bring results as quickly as a PPC campaign (and you can even use these methods for PPC), you can’t go wrong with a good old organic traffic campaign running alongside your ads.