New Google Analytics Interface Features
November 21, 2011
While I was at Pubcon a week ago I had the opportunity to talk to Ashish Vij from Google’s Analytics team. You can read about all of my adventures and lessons learned at Pubcon. Here are some of the cool things that Google has that are new to the New Google Analytics Interface.
One of the most important take-aways from this session was when Ashish talked about making sure you take the time to understand what you want from your website and your analytics account. Why would you or anyone else implement Google Analytics if you really don’t know what you want? Take your time when figuring out what you want from your site. In google Analytics you can track pretty much anything you want to on your site.
When you track more on your site you will have a lot more fun diving into Google Analytics. You can know more what is going on with your traffic and visitors to your site. Below are some of the newer features you can see through the New Google Analytics Interface.
- Google announced that email scheduling and PDF export functionality are coming to the new interface in the next couple weeks and will be sunsetted in January 2012. All currently scheduled emails will need to be set up in the new interface over the next two months. All old interface scheduled emails will be deleted.
- You can now attribute your Facebook ads and track conversions through Google Analytics
- If you have a members area, now you can track how members interact with the site even when they aren’t logged in. You can even see how often people click on your ads.
- Starting this week anyone putting up mobile ads will start to see mobile ad performance metrics in Google Analytics. A new visual toggle is being added to all AdWords reports, showing “All”, “High-end Mobile” and “Tablet” ads. I would recommend that you put up separate campaigns for both search on computer and mobile ads.
- Custom Variables, now you can identify previous purchasers to help you maximize return on investment.
- Annotations are very powerful but easy to miss. When you notice something on your account, you should annotate the change or what’s going on to save you time and grief in the future.
- Implement site search to see if you’re missing content. This will help you to see content that you’re missing.
Keep in mind, if you need help or have something that you need in Google Analytics you can go and suggest them at http://goo.gl/5BjQS Make sure that you mention that you were here at PubCon and they will give you a little more extra attention!
Hanapin's PPC Resources Are Now Ungated!
You can now access Hanapin's whitepapers and toolkits without having to fill out a form!
View Ad Creative Through The Eyes Of Your Searchers
Learn to understand that ads do not live in the vacuum of an excel sheet and common practices should be tested.
[New Webinar!] 11 Red Flags To Watch Out For When Working With An Agency
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Leveraging Analytics For Remarketing: Picking The Ripest Fruit
Remarketing prevalence is well founded based on competitive returns in both volume and efficiency. With that said, this "low hanging fruit" world isn't always easy to pick.
How To Analyze Time-Of-Day Performance For Luxury Products
The importance of ad schedules varies across industries, services, and products. For e-commerce companies that sell luxury goods, ad schedules are more crucial.
One Week Left to Save 25% at Hero Conf London!
You still have time to join us for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul's at 25% off the conference price. But time is running out.
4 Common Questions Prospects Ask Me During The Sales Process
There’s always new, hot topics and questions we get asked by prospects to see what our company’s take is, and how we go about implementing from a services perspective. Read what our most common questions are.
Mobile Price Extensions Rolling Out In AdWords
It looks like "Christmas in July" has come to Google. Recently announced price extensions are designed to help mobile marketers qualify clicks and inform prospective consumers.
[New Whitepaper!] 4 Ways To Survive PPC Campaigns for the Healthcare Market...
This whitepaper will highlight four examples of how thinking at the corners can help boost your PPC performance in the healthcare industry.
Create Visually Appealing Reports With Google Data Studio
When we talk about what tasks tend to eat up a significant chunk of time, reporting is surely mentioned. You may want to explore another option - Google Data Studio.
Liveblogging 2016 DoubleClick Announcements
Today is the day we learn more about the latest DoubleClick updates. Follow along live as we share DoubleClick's announcements as well as our opinions.
The 2016 Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts
After a month of voting, rigorous research and data analysis, we are excited to announce the wildly anticipated list of the Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts for 2016.
[New Webinar with AdEspresso!] 4 Effective Strategies for Facebook Lead Gen...
In this new webinar, AdEspresso and Hanapin experts discuss four effective strategies to use Facebook Lead Gen Ads for your business.