PPC News Roundup for December 5th, 2008
December 5, 2008
We have some helpful videos this week to spice up your life, as well as much adieu about Quality Score. I guess there’s always adieu about Quality Score … Anyways, read on.
- If you want to stay on top of the recent improvements to the calculation of Quality Score and what they mean for your clients, be sure to check out this post from Google.
- For all of those advertisers out there that have thick skulls, Search Engine Guide put together a great top 10 list of ways to save money with PPC: Use Negative Keywords. Yes, that was numbers 1-10. Awesome.
- The Ads Quality Basics video on YouTube provides a general introduction to Ads Quality, while the second video, Ads Quality Updates, goes beyond the basics and gives more detail on the recent changes made to Ads Quality.
- The exploration of proper value proposition is important for SEM success. What is a value proposition? How can you use them to your advantage? The Marketing Experiments Blog has completed two insightful clinics that discuss these topics.
- Take note of Google Product Search’s New Free Shipping Filter. You should be sure to update your feeds to include this!
- This year’s bandwagon? The economic downturn. And Google has officially jumped aboard. Search Engine Roundtable reported on Google’s announcement and documentation on “Top Tactics for Tough Times.”
- In case you haven’t been paying attention to the Click Equations blog the last week, they’ve been pumping out tons of great content on Google’s Quality Score. This post was the “final thoughts” for the series and I’m inclined to agree with these 2 conclusions: Google’s lack of transparency is astounding and PPC managers *must* prioritize Quality Score management.
[New Webinar!] How Brands Can Effectively Use Display Advertising
In this new live webinar, Hanapin Account Manager Kristin Vick will dive into the meat of Display advertising, revealing tips to use the strategy to its full potential and more specifically target your audiences.
5 Ways To Improve Display Network Performance By Using Layered Targeting
Display campaigns can be difficult when it comes to targeting the right audience. In this post, you will learn 5 ways to improve your Display strategy with multi-layered targeting.
Expanded Text Ads And Other Bing Ads Editor Updates
Pilot access for Expanded Text Ads is now available to Bing Ads users. Get access to the link and learn about other new features in the latest Bing Ads Editor update.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Keynotes from Bing & Google + the Hero Conf Advanced Track
Where do you go to get the most relevant information in PPC, plus the opportunity to network with the best and brightest the industry has to offer? Why Hero Conf, of course.
3 Questions You Need To Answer Before Beginning Paid Advertising
So you’ve you decided you want to start PPC advertising, but now you are asking, “Where do I start?” We've listed and answered 3 questions you should be asking.
Road Trip - 5 Tips For Creating International Campaigns
International markets can add complexity to any account, but here are a few settings and opportunities to make your global ad strategy stand out in non-US markets.
Discover 3 Levels Of Geo Targeting For Beginners, Intermediates, & Experts
Setting geographic targets is day one. Whether it’s to exclude places you cannot sell or serve or to specifically target your primary customer base, the implementation of geo-targets is on the must-do list.
[New Webinar!] What You Need To Know About New AdWords Features
In this new live webinar, Hanapin Associate Director of Services Jeff Baum and Optmyzr’s CEO Frederick Vallaeys will walk you through the new AdWords tools and show how you can use them to optimize your accounts.
The Social Strategies You Need To Know For App Promotion
Create social strategies to promote app awareness and leverage geographic and demographic data reported by these platforms to refine audiences.
Guide the Industry and Take the 2016 State of PPC Survey!
Each year, Hanapin Marketing manages extensive research into the State of PPC Report, which provides a statistical breakdown of the digital ad industry and guides expectations.
What's In A Name? Building Powerful Product Titles For Ecommerce
Over the years, we've tested a variety of different product title alterations in hopes of finding the perfect title. Did we? Yes, and no. The fact of the matter is, it depends.
What Upgraded Bing URLs Mean For You
Bing is continuing its effort to catch up with Adwords. Upgraded URLs, which isolate tracking parameters from final URLs, are now available to Bing advertisers.