PPC News Roundup for December 5th, 2008
December 5, 2008
We have some helpful videos this week to spice up your life, as well as much adieu about Quality Score. I guess there’s always adieu about Quality Score … Anyways, read on.
- If you want to stay on top of the recent improvements to the calculation of Quality Score and what they mean for your clients, be sure to check out this post from Google.
- For all of those advertisers out there that have thick skulls, Search Engine Guide put together a great top 10 list of ways to save money with PPC: Use Negative Keywords. Yes, that was numbers 1-10. Awesome.
- The Ads Quality Basics video on YouTube provides a general introduction to Ads Quality, while the second video, Ads Quality Updates, goes beyond the basics and gives more detail on the recent changes made to Ads Quality.
- The exploration of proper value proposition is important for SEM success. What is a value proposition? How can you use them to your advantage? The Marketing Experiments Blog has completed two insightful clinics that discuss these topics.
- Take note of Google Product Search’s New Free Shipping Filter. You should be sure to update your feeds to include this!
- This year’s bandwagon? The economic downturn. And Google has officially jumped aboard. Search Engine Roundtable reported on Google’s announcement and documentation on “Top Tactics for Tough Times.”
- In case you haven’t been paying attention to the Click Equations blog the last week, they’ve been pumping out tons of great content on Google’s Quality Score. This post was the “final thoughts” for the series and I’m inclined to agree with these 2 conclusions: Google’s lack of transparency is astounding and PPC managers *must* prioritize Quality Score management.
Expanded Text Ads: 7 Million Clicks Say They’re Underperforming
Over the past 6 weeks, we have been lucky enough to experiment with expanded text ads, and frankly, I’m not impressed with their performance.
£300 Off Hero Conf London Ends Tomorrow!
Time is nearly gone to reserve your seat for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul’s, at a huge discount off the regular conference rate!
Expanded Text Ads Come To Google AdWords Editor
Advertisers have been able to create expanded text ads, but couldn't utilize AdWords Editor. That has now changed with the release of the latest version of AdWords Editor.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Bidding Farewell to Adwords Converted Clicks: Don't Panic
AdWords will soon be saying goodbye to the "Converted Clicks" metric. Learn more about what this means for your account and how to prepare for the transition.
Olympic PPC Ad Strategies
How spectators consume sporting events and a massive expansion in the digital space will prove to shake up who and how advertisers reach their audiences.
Hanapin's PPC Resources Are Now Ungated!
You can now access Hanapin's whitepapers and toolkits without having to fill out a form!
View Ad Creative Through The Eyes Of Your Searchers
Learn to understand that ads do not live in the vacuum of an excel sheet and common practices should be tested.
[New Webinar!] 11 Red Flags To Watch Out For When Working With An Agency
Leveraging Analytics For Remarketing: Picking The Ripest Fruit
Remarketing prevalence is well founded based on competitive returns in both volume and efficiency. With that said, this "low hanging fruit" world isn't always easy to pick.
How To Analyze Time-Of-Day Performance For Luxury Products
The importance of ad schedules varies across industries, services, and products. For e-commerce companies that sell luxury goods, ad schedules are more crucial.
One Week Left to Save 25% at Hero Conf London!
You still have time to join us for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul's at 25% off the conference price. But time is running out.
4 Common Questions Prospects Ask Me During The Sales Process
There’s always new, hot topics and questions we get asked by prospects to see what our company’s take is, and how we go about implementing from a services perspective. Read what our most common questions are.
Mobile Price Extensions Rolling Out In AdWords
It looks like "Christmas in July" has come to Google. Recently announced price extensions are designed to help mobile marketers qualify clicks and inform prospective consumers.