PPC News Roundup for Friday 7/17/2009
July 17, 2009
- Wonder how much you should bid on that new keyword? Over at the Yahoo search marketing blog they’ll tell you which numbers actually matter when determining your keyword bid. They go into cost-per-lead, return on advertising spend and profit.
- Brad Geddes talks about the new Google trademark policy and find Google is actually following their own rules. Brad goes over the new rules for trademarks and shows a test he did to see if by following their policy would really work by having Google in his ad text.
- A new beta feature was introduced in AdWords yesterday – the Opportunities tab. Right now, it offers customized budget and keyword ideas for campaigns, and is only available to a small number of US advertisers, but its features and availability should expand in the coming months. It’s a broader take on the Campaign Optimizer tool, and seems like it could be pretty useful. Something to watch, anyway.
- Marketing Pilgrim highlights new features in Facebook’s ad network. The additions include connection targeting, multiple country targeting, and birthday targeting.
- This week Copyblogger has started a series about achieving freelance copywriting success- all the posts in the series are very interesting, but their advice about marrying creativity & profit-based motivation in your ads is excellent for anyone working in online advertising and marketing, not just freelance writers.
- An interesting overview from MediaPost about some eye tracking studies going on involving ads on social media sites, not just traditional search engines.
- Ron Jones at Search Engine Land discusses the tools available to help manage bids for larger PPC campaigns. Although not always necessary and effective for everyone, bid management tools can have their purpose.
- Let’s talk about the 7 deadly sins! No, I don’t mean “those sins.” Inside AdWords posted an interesting article recently on the 7 Deadly Sins of Landing Page Design. And actually, it’s not necessarily an article – but rather a webinar that was presented by Tim Ash. Nice!
Expanded Text Ads Come To Google AdWords Editor
Advertisers have been able to create expanded text ads, but couldn't utilize AdWords Editor. That has now changed with the release of the latest version of AdWords Editor.
Bidding Farewell to Adwords Converted Clicks: Don't Panic
AdWords will soon be saying goodbye to the "Converted Clicks" metric. Learn more about what this means for your account and how to prepare for the transition.
Olympic PPC Ad Strategies
How spectators consume sporting events and a massive expansion in the digital space will prove to shake up who and how advertisers reach their audiences.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Hanapin's PPC Resources Are Now Ungated!
You can now access Hanapin's whitepapers and toolkits without having to fill out a form!
View Ad Creative Through The Eyes Of Your Searchers
Learn to understand that ads do not live in the vacuum of an excel sheet and common practices should be tested.
[New Webinar!] 11 Red Flags To Watch Out For When Working With An Agency
Leveraging Analytics For Remarketing: Picking The Ripest Fruit
Remarketing prevalence is well founded based on competitive returns in both volume and efficiency. With that said, this "low hanging fruit" world isn't always easy to pick.
How To Analyze Time-Of-Day Performance For Luxury Products
The importance of ad schedules varies across industries, services, and products. For e-commerce companies that sell luxury goods, ad schedules are more crucial.
One Week Left to Save 25% at Hero Conf London!
You still have time to join us for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul's at 25% off the conference price. But time is running out.
4 Common Questions Prospects Ask Me During The Sales Process
There’s always new, hot topics and questions we get asked by prospects to see what our company’s take is, and how we go about implementing from a services perspective. Read what our most common questions are.
Mobile Price Extensions Rolling Out In AdWords
It looks like "Christmas in July" has come to Google. Recently announced price extensions are designed to help mobile marketers qualify clicks and inform prospective consumers.
[New Whitepaper!] 4 Ways To Survive PPC Campaigns for the Healthcare Market...
This whitepaper will highlight four examples of how thinking at the corners can help boost your PPC performance in the healthcare industry.
Create Visually Appealing Reports With Google Data Studio
When we talk about what tasks tend to eat up a significant chunk of time, reporting is surely mentioned. You may want to explore another option - Google Data Studio.