PPC News Roundup for Friday 7/17/2009
- Wonder how much you should bid on that new keyword? Over at the Yahoo search marketing blog they’ll tell you which numbers actually matter when determining your keyword bid. They go into cost-per-lead, return on advertising spend and profit.
- Brad Geddes talks about the new Google trademark policy and find Google is actually following their own rules. Brad goes over the new rules for trademarks and shows a test he did to see if by following their policy would really work by having Google in his ad text.
- A new beta feature was introduced in AdWords yesterday – the Opportunities tab. Right now, it offers customized budget and keyword ideas for campaigns, and is only available to a small number of US advertisers, but its features and availability should expand in the coming months. It’s a broader take on the Campaign Optimizer tool, and seems like it could be pretty useful. Something to watch, anyway.
- Marketing Pilgrim highlights new features in Facebook’s ad network. The additions include connection targeting, multiple country targeting, and birthday targeting.
- This week Copyblogger has started a series about achieving freelance copywriting success- all the posts in the series are very interesting, but their advice about marrying creativity & profit-based motivation in your ads is excellent for anyone working in online advertising and marketing, not just freelance writers.
- An interesting overview from MediaPost about some eye tracking studies going on involving ads on social media sites, not just traditional search engines.
- Ron Jones at Search Engine Land discusses the tools available to help manage bids for larger PPC campaigns. Although not always necessary and effective for everyone, bid management tools can have their purpose.
- Let’s talk about the 7 deadly sins! No, I don’t mean “those sins.” Inside AdWords posted an interesting article recently on the 7 Deadly Sins of Landing Page Design. And actually, it’s not necessarily an article – but rather a webinar that was presented by Tim Ash. Nice!
Browse By Category
Broadening Your Paid Search Marketing Strategy
Get tips on how to incorporate broad match keywords into your paid search strategy and start extending your reach!
Analytics as the Foundation for Successful Landing Page Optimizations
Why is analytics analysis important for CRO? Discover how analytics will lay the groundwork for your landing page optimizations.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
2017: The Year You Launch Your Video Ads
Get tips on how to navigate the Facebook and YouTube video platforms, optimizing video ads and tracking success!
The Evolution of Voice Search (and what it means for PPC)
Purna Virji shares insights on the evolution of Voice Search and how PPC pros can evolve to remain relevant and in-demand.
Being A Better Leader - Key Takeaways From LEAD 2017
Get the key takeaways from the LEAD 2017 conference and start taking your leadership skills to the next level!