March 13, 2009
It’s been an interesting week. I turned 26, which seems to be rather boring. I’m off to Denver and Boulder next week for spring break, hooray! Don’t fret though, someone else will get the roundup for you. Hope you all are doing well. Here’s the roundup for the week.
- Your ability to optimize your distribution within the Google Content Network just got more complicated. You can target specific websites, you can target users by demographics, and now you can target users by their interests. This application is still in beta but should be rolled out to the all advertisers in later 2009.
- We write frequently about keyword research, and the tools that are available to conduct this research. Portent Interactive has posted a good article on keyword tools that aren’t really keyword tools. Basically, these are alternative sources to find keywords outside your usual modes of research!
- Ask.com. If you use it, their blog has a post on interpreting Hitwise statistics on longer search queries. Again, if you use it, take a gander.
- Did anyone use the Microsoft adCenter Analytics beta? Well if you did, it’s over, and Microsoft thanks you for your contributions. Cheers.
- Our favorite Analytics Guru, Avinash Kaushik, brings us Aggregation of Marginal Gains: Recession Busting Analytics!