PPC News Roundup for March 13, 2009
March 13, 2009
It’s been an interesting week. I turned 26, which seems to be rather boring. I’m off to Denver and Boulder next week for spring break, hooray! Don’t fret though, someone else will get the roundup for you. Hope you all are doing well. Here’s the roundup for the week.
- Your ability to optimize your distribution within the Google Content Network just got more complicated. You can target specific websites, you can target users by demographics, and now you can target users by their interests. This application is still in beta but should be rolled out to the all advertisers in later 2009.
- We write frequently about keyword research, and the tools that are available to conduct this research. Portent Interactive has posted a good article on keyword tools that aren’t really keyword tools. Basically, these are alternative sources to find keywords outside your usual modes of research!
- Ask.com. If you use it, their blog has a post on interpreting Hitwise statistics on longer search queries. Again, if you use it, take a gander.
- Did anyone use the Microsoft adCenter Analytics beta? Well if you did, it’s over, and Microsoft thanks you for your contributions. Cheers.
- Our favorite Analytics Guru, Avinash Kaushik, brings us Aggregation of Marginal Gains: Recession Busting Analytics!
Expanded Text Ads: 7 Million Clicks Say They’re Underperforming
Over the past 6 weeks, we have been lucky enough to experiment with expanded text ads, and frankly, I’m not impressed with their performance.
£300 Off Hero Conf London Ends Tomorrow!
Time is nearly gone to reserve your seat for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul’s, at a huge discount off the regular conference rate!
Expanded Text Ads Come To Google AdWords Editor
Advertisers have been able to create expanded text ads, but couldn't utilize AdWords Editor. That has now changed with the release of the latest version of AdWords Editor.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Bidding Farewell to Adwords Converted Clicks: Don't Panic
AdWords will soon be saying goodbye to the "Converted Clicks" metric. Learn more about what this means for your account and how to prepare for the transition.
Olympic PPC Ad Strategies
How spectators consume sporting events and a massive expansion in the digital space will prove to shake up who and how advertisers reach their audiences.
Hanapin's PPC Resources Are Now Ungated!
You can now access Hanapin's whitepapers and toolkits without having to fill out a form!
View Ad Creative Through The Eyes Of Your Searchers
Learn to understand that ads do not live in the vacuum of an excel sheet and common practices should be tested.
[New Webinar!] 11 Red Flags To Watch Out For When Working With An Agency
Leveraging Analytics For Remarketing: Picking The Ripest Fruit
Remarketing prevalence is well founded based on competitive returns in both volume and efficiency. With that said, this "low hanging fruit" world isn't always easy to pick.
How To Analyze Time-Of-Day Performance For Luxury Products
The importance of ad schedules varies across industries, services, and products. For e-commerce companies that sell luxury goods, ad schedules are more crucial.
One Week Left to Save 25% at Hero Conf London!
You still have time to join us for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul's at 25% off the conference price. But time is running out.
4 Common Questions Prospects Ask Me During The Sales Process
There’s always new, hot topics and questions we get asked by prospects to see what our company’s take is, and how we go about implementing from a services perspective. Read what our most common questions are.
Mobile Price Extensions Rolling Out In AdWords
It looks like "Christmas in July" has come to Google. Recently announced price extensions are designed to help mobile marketers qualify clicks and inform prospective consumers.