PPC News Roundup for March 27, 2009
March 27, 2009
Back! Had a great trip in Denver and Boulder, quite the beautiful area. Although, I did miss a big storm, as that came this week. I had to walk around in sunny, 70 degree weather. Woe is me. Enjoy the roundup this week.
- Brad Geddes gives us some good advice on how to benchmark your keyword quality scores against your competition. Make sure to note the initial quality score that your keyword is assigned!
- Watch out for unpausing campaigns in Adwords – You might accidentally restore deleted campaigns as well! Google has made note of this bug, but be on the lookout nonetheless.
- Microsoft AdCenter has improved their conversion tracking by allowing three new options. Long story short, they allows specifics as to how actions should be counted. Gordon Choi has the scoop.
- Budget? What budget? That’s the question John Ellis is asking this week. “Spending PPC money just because the budget is set is bad marketing. Spite is a bad marketing strategy.” Plain and simple – your budget shouldn’t dictate your PPC activities, your performance and stats should!
- Copyblogger gives us some great hands on techniques to improve your landing pages. Lots’o design aspects, but that is certainly important for your users and will undoubtedly aid in reeling in those conversions.
- Adwords has some new features relating to payment control, aimed to rid of late or missing payments. Read their blog, they have the details.
- Straight from SES NY (acronyms rock), the TopRank Blog gives us 8 tips to boost SEM (more!) results. I like lists, and you should too.
- More from Google, this time from the AdSense blog. Google has the goods on the new behavior targeting that they are testing out. Google also has many blogs.
- Does adding relevant keywords in your display URL help? For example, www.example.com/importantkeyword? SEO by the Sea gives us their take.
Keynotes from Bing & Google + the Hero Conf Advanced Track
Where do you go to get the most relevant information in PPC, plus the opportunity to network with the best and brightest the industry has to offer? Why Hero Conf, of course.
3 Questions You Need To Answer Before Beginning Paid Advertising
So you’ve you decided you want to start PPC advertising, but now you are asking, “Where do I start?” We've listed and answered 3 questions you should be asking.
Road Trip - 5 Tips For Creating International Campaigns
International markets can add complexity to any account, but here are a few settings and opportunities to make your global ad strategy stand out in non-US markets.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Discover 3 Levels Of Geo Targeting For Beginners, Intermediates, & Experts
Setting geographic targets is day one. Whether it’s to exclude places you cannot sell or serve or to specifically target your primary customer base, the implementation of geo-targets is on the must-do list.
[New Webinar!] What You Need To Know About New AdWords Features
In this new live webinar, Hanapin Associate Director of Services Jeff Baum and Optmyzr’s CEO Frederick Vallaeys will walk you through the new AdWords tools and show how you can use them to optimize your accounts.
The Social Strategies You Need To Know For App Promotion
Create social strategies to promote app awareness and leverage geographic and demographic data reported by these platforms to refine audiences.
Guide the Industry and Take the 2016 State of PPC Survey!
Each year, Hanapin Marketing manages extensive research into the State of PPC Report, which provides a statistical breakdown of the digital ad industry and guides expectations.
What's In A Name? Building Powerful Product Titles For Ecommerce
Over the years, we've tested a variety of different product title alterations in hopes of finding the perfect title. Did we? Yes, and no. The fact of the matter is, it depends.
What Upgraded Bing URLs Mean For You
Bing is continuing its effort to catch up with Adwords. Upgraded URLs, which isolate tracking parameters from final URLs, are now available to Bing advertisers.
Where Does Your Hero Conf Dollar (or Pound) Go?
5 Common Excel Issues And How To Fix
Excel, while a fabulous tool for PPC, is not without its occasional hang-ups. In this post, we’ll go through some common problems, and how to fix them.
[New Whitepaper!] Guide to Google AdWords: Advanced Edition
In this whitepaper, you will gain a greater understanding of the distinction between e-commerce and lead generation PPC strategies, learn the effective use of Remarketing, how to utilize advanced segmentation for improved targeting, cross-device attribution, and how to use automated rules in your accounts.
Google Announces Controversial Updates To The Keyword Planner Tool
Google updated the AdWords Community on the state of the Keyword Planner tool and the response from several advertisers was quite dramatic.