PPC News Roundup for September 10, 2008
September 10, 2008
- Mike Mothner from wpromoter.com has written a great post on ways to supercharge your landing pages. Some ways he mentions include keeping your contact form simple, don’t let your users get distracted and what I think may be the most important tip, Mike says to tell users they have found what they are looking for right away.
- The folks at Website Magazine have compiled a list of 25 essential elements that should be taken into consideration with any landing page creation or review. Very helpful.
- The Association of National Advertisers opposes a Google-Yahoo Advertising Partnership. Read more about it here.
- FutureNow reported last week that search behavior on Google has changed significantly in the past 3 years. In a side-by-side comparison of an eye-tracking study, you can see that Google users are concentrating on the top results (the “Golden Triangle”) more than ever.
- Brad Geddes reminds us all why it’s important to separate Content and Search statistics when reporting on AdWords traffic. His post summarizes the differences between Content and Search and explains why you should keep them separate. “…it’s not that the content network is inherently bad or good. It’s a distribution channel that needs to be treated differently than other channels.”
- Surprise, surprise! Google AdWords has a new report! It’s called the Geographic Performance report, and it gives us a better understanding of the geographic distribution of impressions, clicks and conversions down to the ad group level. Unfortunately, we can’t see keyword level in this report. Regardless, this will certainly help us to refine current geo-targeting, or better yet – to decide on *new* locations to target with AdWords!
- The Yahoo Search Marketing Blog has written a general “what not to do” with your paid search efforts. There really isn’t anything to dispute as the information is pretty basic, but it’s always good to review and make sure you’re not making any common PPC mistakes!
- Optimizing a pre-existing AdWords campaign can be a challenge, but it is also an opportunity to really test your PPC skills! Shimon Sandler has some good advice on how to optimize a pre-existing account. Good stuff!
How Should You Use Display Advertising?
We hear similar questions from clients on a regular basis. One question we hear often is “How do your other clients use Display Advertising?”
Expanded Text Ads: 7 Million Clicks Say They’re Underperforming
Over the past 6 weeks, we have been lucky enough to experiment with expanded text ads, and frankly, I’m not impressed with their performance.
£300 Off Hero Conf London Ends Tomorrow!
Time is nearly gone to reserve your seat for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul’s, at a huge discount off the regular conference rate!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Expanded Text Ads Come To Google AdWords Editor
Advertisers have been able to create expanded text ads, but couldn't utilize AdWords Editor. That has now changed with the release of the latest version of AdWords Editor.
Bidding Farewell to Adwords Converted Clicks: Don't Panic
AdWords will soon be saying goodbye to the "Converted Clicks" metric. Learn more about what this means for your account and how to prepare for the transition.
Olympic PPC Ad Strategies
How spectators consume sporting events and a massive expansion in the digital space will prove to shake up who and how advertisers reach their audiences.
Hanapin's PPC Resources Are Now Ungated!
You can now access Hanapin's whitepapers and toolkits without having to fill out a form!
View Ad Creative Through The Eyes Of Your Searchers
Learn to understand that ads do not live in the vacuum of an excel sheet and common practices should be tested.
[New Webinar!] 11 Red Flags To Watch Out For When Working With An Agency
Leveraging Analytics For Remarketing: Picking The Ripest Fruit
Remarketing prevalence is well founded based on competitive returns in both volume and efficiency. With that said, this "low hanging fruit" world isn't always easy to pick.
How To Analyze Time-Of-Day Performance For Luxury Products
The importance of ad schedules varies across industries, services, and products. For e-commerce companies that sell luxury goods, ad schedules are more crucial.
One Week Left to Save 25% at Hero Conf London!
You still have time to join us for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul's at 25% off the conference price. But time is running out.
4 Common Questions Prospects Ask Me During The Sales Process
There’s always new, hot topics and questions we get asked by prospects to see what our company’s take is, and how we go about implementing from a services perspective. Read what our most common questions are.