PPC News Roundup for September 10, 2008
September 10, 2008
- Mike Mothner from wpromoter.com has written a great post on ways to supercharge your landing pages. Some ways he mentions include keeping your contact form simple, don’t let your users get distracted and what I think may be the most important tip, Mike says to tell users they have found what they are looking for right away.
- The folks at Website Magazine have compiled a list of 25 essential elements that should be taken into consideration with any landing page creation or review. Very helpful.
- The Association of National Advertisers opposes a Google-Yahoo Advertising Partnership. Read more about it here.
- FutureNow reported last week that search behavior on Google has changed significantly in the past 3 years. In a side-by-side comparison of an eye-tracking study, you can see that Google users are concentrating on the top results (the “Golden Triangle”) more than ever.
- Brad Geddes reminds us all why it’s important to separate Content and Search statistics when reporting on AdWords traffic. His post summarizes the differences between Content and Search and explains why you should keep them separate. “…it’s not that the content network is inherently bad or good. It’s a distribution channel that needs to be treated differently than other channels.”
- Surprise, surprise! Google AdWords has a new report! It’s called the Geographic Performance report, and it gives us a better understanding of the geographic distribution of impressions, clicks and conversions down to the ad group level. Unfortunately, we can’t see keyword level in this report. Regardless, this will certainly help us to refine current geo-targeting, or better yet – to decide on *new* locations to target with AdWords!
- The Yahoo Search Marketing Blog has written a general “what not to do” with your paid search efforts. There really isn’t anything to dispute as the information is pretty basic, but it’s always good to review and make sure you’re not making any common PPC mistakes!
- Optimizing a pre-existing AdWords campaign can be a challenge, but it is also an opportunity to really test your PPC skills! Shimon Sandler has some good advice on how to optimize a pre-existing account. Good stuff!
Road Trip - 5 Tips For Creating International Campaigns
International markets can add complexity to any account, but here are a few settings and opportunities to make your global ad strategy stand out in non-US markets.
Discover 3 Levels Of Geo Targeting For Beginners, Intermediates, & Experts
Setting geographic targets is day one. Whether it’s to exclude places you cannot sell or serve or to specifically target your primary customer base, the implementation of geo-targets is on the must-do list.
[New Webinar!] What You Need To Know About New AdWords Features
In this new live webinar, Hanapin Associate Director of Services Jeff Baum and Optmyzr’s CEO Frederick Vallaeys will walk you through the new AdWords tools and show how you can use them to optimize your accounts.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Social Strategies You Need To Know For App Promotion
Create social strategies to promote app awareness and leverage geographic and demographic data reported by these platforms to refine audiences.
Guide the Industry and Take the 2016 State of PPC Survey!
Each year, Hanapin Marketing manages extensive research into the State of PPC Report, which provides a statistical breakdown of the digital ad industry and guides expectations.
What's In A Name? Building Powerful Product Titles For Ecommerce
Over the years, we've tested a variety of different product title alterations in hopes of finding the perfect title. Did we? Yes, and no. The fact of the matter is, it depends.
What Upgraded Bing URLs Mean For You
Bing is continuing its effort to catch up with Adwords. Upgraded URLs, which isolate tracking parameters from final URLs, are now available to Bing advertisers.
Where Does Your Hero Conf Dollar (or Pound) Go?
5 Common Excel Issues And How To Fix
Excel, while a fabulous tool for PPC, is not without its occasional hang-ups. In this post, we’ll go through some common problems, and how to fix them.
[New Whitepaper!] Guide to Google AdWords: Advanced Edition
In this whitepaper, you will gain a greater understanding of the distinction between e-commerce and lead generation PPC strategies, learn the effective use of Remarketing, how to utilize advanced segmentation for improved targeting, cross-device attribution, and how to use automated rules in your accounts.
Google Announces Controversial Updates To The Keyword Planner Tool
Google updated the AdWords Community on the state of the Keyword Planner tool and the response from several advertisers was quite dramatic.
7 Overlooked Facebook Power Editor Features That Will Save You Time
I will be sharing often overlooked time-saving features for Facebook Power Editor so you can spend more energy on the tactics and strategy.
Ecommerce Secrets with Google, Bing, & Hanapin - New Webinar Panel!
This Thursday, August 18th at noon EST, we'll be hosting a webinar called "Supercharge Holiday Sales With These Must-Have PPC Tactics." Presenters include Carrie Albright, Jose Rodriguez, Purna Virji, and Matt Umbro.