PPC News Roundup for September 10, 2008
- Mike Mothner from wpromoter.com has written a great post on ways to supercharge your landing pages. Some ways he mentions include keeping your contact form simple, don’t let your users get distracted and what I think may be the most important tip, Mike says to tell users they have found what they are looking for right away.
- The folks at Website Magazine have compiled a list of 25 essential elements that should be taken into consideration with any landing page creation or review. Very helpful.
- The Association of National Advertisers opposes a Google-Yahoo Advertising Partnership. Read more about it here.
- FutureNow reported last week that search behavior on Google has changed significantly in the past 3 years. In a side-by-side comparison of an eye-tracking study, you can see that Google users are concentrating on the top results (the “Golden Triangle”) more than ever.
- Brad Geddes reminds us all why it’s important to separate Content and Search statistics when reporting on AdWords traffic. His post summarizes the differences between Content and Search and explains why you should keep them separate. “…it’s not that the content network is inherently bad or good. It’s a distribution channel that needs to be treated differently than other channels.”
- Surprise, surprise! Google AdWords has a new report! It’s called the Geographic Performance report, and it gives us a better understanding of the geographic distribution of impressions, clicks and conversions down to the ad group level. Unfortunately, we can’t see keyword level in this report. Regardless, this will certainly help us to refine current geo-targeting, or better yet – to decide on *new* locations to target with AdWords!
- The Yahoo Search Marketing Blog has written a general “what not to do” with your paid search efforts. There really isn’t anything to dispute as the information is pretty basic, but it’s always good to review and make sure you’re not making any common PPC mistakes!
- Optimizing a pre-existing AdWords campaign can be a challenge, but it is also an opportunity to really test your PPC skills! Shimon Sandler has some good advice on how to optimize a pre-existing account. Good stuff!
Get Your Brand in Front of Dedicated PPC Pros!
We're headed to London to join nearly 300 of our best PPC friends. And we still have a limited number of opportunities for your brand to join us!
The Top Ten Tips For Effective Dayparting
Determining your need for hour of day modifiers can provide extremely competitive returns based on time invested in implementing.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Should You Be Creating Device Specific Campaigns?
Creating new device specific campaigns is a lot of work and can potentially overcrowd your account. You need to determine if this tactic is right for you.
9 Hero Conf London Advanced Sessions You Can't Miss
If you'd like some more details (and we've got plenty of details), how about a rundown of the deepest, most actionable sessions you'll see. These 9 sessions are designed for the expert-level PPC professional.
Why Your PPC Account Isn’t Living Up To Its Potential
I will review common themes that I see in either prospective clients, new clients, or accounts that are red that aren't living up to their potential.
[New Webinar!] 6 Steps To An Advanced Competitor Analysis For Digital Marke...
In this new live webinar, Hanapin’s Jacob Fairclough and SEMrush’s Paul Klebanov will direct you through the process of analyzing your own account, comparing it to your competition, and taking the steps to put your brand above the rest.
5 Psychological Principles You Should Be Using In Your Marketing
I propose that knowing what your audience is thinking or even the steps in their thought process is even more beneficial than simply knowing who they are.
Add It To The List - Structured Snippets Now Available In Bing
Another item for the list of new features in Bing - Structured Snippets are now available to all U.S. advertisers, with international support already being rolled out.
Do You Want A Free PPC Hero T-Shirt?
We're conducting a brief 2-minute survey to get your thoughts and opinions. By taking the survey, you'll get entered to win a certified PPC Hero shirt! Fill out the survey by Friday, September 23rd.
4 Tips To Survive An Account Manager Change
Have you ever received a call or email from your agency that you will be getting a new account manager? The thought could be frightening, especially if you LOVE your current AM. After you take a deep breath and realize life will go on, keep...
Build Your PPC Network, One Pro at a Time!
Do you ever feel that the people who understand your role best live mostly on Twitter? Is it sometimes difficult to find those few individuals you know you can count on for the best PPC advice? We’ve got the solution for your paid search woes.
Balancing Volume, Competition, And Intent To Find The Right Keyword
Although it isn’t going to bring results as quickly as a PPC campaign (and you can even use these methods for PPC), you can’t go wrong with a good old organic traffic campaign running alongside your ads.