The 25 Most Influential PPC Experts
June 13, 2012
The paid search industry is full of people blogging, tweeting, and sharing PPC wisdom. But which experts are considered the best of the best- when they speak, we listen? We researched over 100 PPC experts to find out who are the most influential and took into consideration social media networks and connections, blog contributions and publications, speaking engagements, etc.- not just the ones with the largest number of Twitter followers or connections, but those who actively engaging the paid search industry through multiple mediums.
The professionals who made it into our top 25 most influential list are knowledgeable in paid search, and share their SEM tips, tricks, and articles through their social networks, blogs, and speaking engagements.
We have been lucky enough to have several of these folks speak at Hero Conf and featured in Heroviews. These 25 experts are people you need to know. You will want to follow them on Twitter, add them to your Google + circles, and subscribe to them on Facebook. Check out their blogs, and see if they’re speaking at a conference near you. These professionals are well-versed in PPC, and not afraid to share their knowledge and findings!
To learn more about the process behind this list, read our methodology post.
Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts:
1.) Bryan Eisenberg
- Follow on Twitter @TheGrok
- Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/bryan.eisenberg
- Blog: www.bryaneisenberg.com
Bryan Eisenberg impressed us with his visibility in every single medium that we looked at. He keeps active professional profiles on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google +, and Twitter, sharing SEM tips and articles with his followers. Bryan is a best-selling author and speaks at a large number of conferences around the world. Look Bryan up on YouTube, and you can watch dozens of his interviews, speeches, and SEM tips. He has co-authored several books, and is an advisory board member of several organizations including Search Engine Strategies, the eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit, and BoostCTR. Bryan has an incredible presence in the SEM industry, and highly deserves our title for him: Most Influential PPC Expert.
2.) Danny Sullivan
- Follow on Twitter @dannysullivan
- Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/dannysullivan
- Blogs: http://daggle.com, http://searchengineland.com
Danny Sullivan has a staggering number of followers in multiple mediums. Of all the PPC experts we looked at, he has by far the largest number of Twitter followers or Google + circle followers. There’s even a Wikipedia page about Danny! He is the Editor-in-Chief of Search Engine Land, produces the Search Marketing Expo series, and is a sought-after SEM speaker.
3.) Marty Weintraub
- Follow on Twitter @aimclear
- Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/marty.weintraub
- Blogs: www.aimclearblog.com, Search Engine Watch, Search Engine Land
Marty Weintraub has done a great job of establishing himself as an influential PPC expert through his international speaking engagements and active blog writing, which extends beyond his company blog to additional Internet publications such as Search Engine Watch and Search Engine Land. He maintains professional profiles on all of the social networks we examined, and still has found the time to author “Killer Facebook Ads” (Wiley/Sybex 2011) and run his Online Marketing Agency, aimClear.
4.) Joanna Lord
- Follow on Twitter @JoannaLord
- Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/joanna.lord
- Blogs: Joannalord.com, www.seomoz.org/blog
Joanna Lord describes herself as a PPC expert, social media enthusiast, blogger, and coffee drinker. It’s no surprise then that she is one of the most influential PPC experts out there! Joanna has thousands of fans who loyally follow her on Twitter, add her to their circles on Google +, and befriend her on Facebook. She is an acclaimed speaker, and writes both on her personal blog as well as on the SEOmoz blog.
5.) Tim Ash
- Follow on Twitter @tim_ash
- Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/tim.ash1
- Blogs: Search Engine Watch, ClickZ Author
Tim Ash, CEO of SiteTuners.com, is well-known as a speaker, author, and entrepreneur. He is the Founder and Chair of Conversion Conference, and has written on ClickZ, Search Engine Watch, and other popular publications. Tim hosts a Landing Page Optimization podcast on WebMasterRadio.fm, and keeps up his social networks with active professional profiles on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
6.) Dennis Yu
- Follow on Twitter @dennisyu
- Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/dennisyu
- Blog: www.dennis-yu.com
7.) Jeff Ferguson
- Follow on Twitter @CountXero, @FangDigital, @dead_tree_media
- Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/countxero
- Blogs: http://deadtreemedia.com, http://fangdigital.com/blog/
8.) Brad Geddes
- Follow on Twitter @bgtheory
- Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/ewhisper
- Blog: http://certifiedknowledge.org/blog/
9.) Kevin Lee
- Follow on Twitter @Kevin_Lee_QED
- Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/Kevin.Lee.QED
- Blogs: www.kevinlee.net, ClickZ
10.) John Rampton
- Follow on Twitter @JSRampton
- Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/johnrampton
- Blogs: http://ppc.org, Search Engine Watch
11.) Lisa Raehsler
- Follow on Twitter @lisarocksSEM
- Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lisa-Raehsler-Search-Engine-Marketing/129818190361903
- Blogs: ClickZ, http://bigclickco.com, Search Marketing Standard
12.) Kent Lewis
- Follow on Twitter @kentlewis
- Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/kentjlewis
- Blogs: www.imediaconnection.com, www.anvilmediainc.com
13.) David Szetela
- Follow on Twitter @Szetela
- Facebook Profile: Personal
- Blogs: Search Engine Watch, Founded www.clixmarketing.com/blog, and PPC Rockstars
14.) Stefan Weitz
- Follow on Twitter @stefanweitz
- Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/stefan.weitz
- Blog: http://stefanweitz.wordpress.com
15.) William Leake
- Follow on Twitter @Marketing_Bill
- Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/william.leake
- Blog: www.apogeeresults.com/blog/
16.) Laura Thieme
17.) David Rodnitzky
- Follow on Twitter @rodnitzky
- Facebook Profile: Personal
- Blogs: www.ppcassociates.com/blog/, http://blogation.net
18.) Frederick Vallaeys
- Follow on Twitter @siliconvallaeys, @fvallaeys
- Facebook Profile: Personal
- Blog: www.siliconvallaeys.com
19.) Andy Atkins-Kruger
- Follow on Twitter @andyatkinskruge
- Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/atkinskrueger
- Blogs: www.multilingual-search.com, Search Engine Land
20.) Noran El-Shinnawy
- Follow on Twitter @noranshinnawy
- Facebook Profile: Personal
- Blogs: www.acquisio.com/blog/, ClickZ, Search Engine Watch
21.) Larry Kim
22.) Rick Galan
23.) Mona Elesseily
24.) Matt Van Wagner
25.) Justin Seibert
How Should You Use Display Advertising?
We hear similar questions from clients on a regular basis. One question we hear often is “How do your other clients use Display Advertising?”
Expanded Text Ads: 7 Million Clicks Say They’re Underperforming
Over the past 6 weeks, we have been lucky enough to experiment with expanded text ads, and frankly, I’m not impressed with their performance.
£300 Off Hero Conf London Ends Tomorrow!
Time is nearly gone to reserve your seat for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul’s, at a huge discount off the regular conference rate!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Expanded Text Ads Come To Google AdWords Editor
Advertisers have been able to create expanded text ads, but couldn't utilize AdWords Editor. That has now changed with the release of the latest version of AdWords Editor.
Bidding Farewell to Adwords Converted Clicks: Don't Panic
AdWords will soon be saying goodbye to the "Converted Clicks" metric. Learn more about what this means for your account and how to prepare for the transition.
Olympic PPC Ad Strategies
How spectators consume sporting events and a massive expansion in the digital space will prove to shake up who and how advertisers reach their audiences.
Hanapin's PPC Resources Are Now Ungated!
You can now access Hanapin's whitepapers and toolkits without having to fill out a form!
View Ad Creative Through The Eyes Of Your Searchers
Learn to understand that ads do not live in the vacuum of an excel sheet and common practices should be tested.
[New Webinar!] 11 Red Flags To Watch Out For When Working With An Agency
Leveraging Analytics For Remarketing: Picking The Ripest Fruit
Remarketing prevalence is well founded based on competitive returns in both volume and efficiency. With that said, this "low hanging fruit" world isn't always easy to pick.
How To Analyze Time-Of-Day Performance For Luxury Products
The importance of ad schedules varies across industries, services, and products. For e-commerce companies that sell luxury goods, ad schedules are more crucial.
One Week Left to Save 25% at Hero Conf London!
You still have time to join us for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul's at 25% off the conference price. But time is running out.
4 Common Questions Prospects Ask Me During The Sales Process
There’s always new, hot topics and questions we get asked by prospects to see what our company’s take is, and how we go about implementing from a services perspective. Read what our most common questions are.