7 Ways to Be Sure You’re Writing the Best Ads Possible
Over the past week we’ve discussed five ways to write better ad texts to increase traffic to your site and target the right customers. You may notice that writing the best ad text possible can be quite overwhelming! To make it easier for you, we’ve devised a guide or checklist to writing the best ad text.
When beginning to write from scratch or re-write your existing ad text, go through the first 7 points of the ad text checklist. Get a piece of paper and begin writing down the answers to these seven questions:
- What are the top keywords from your ad group that should be incorporated into the ad?
- What is the main message you want your customers to know? What solution do you provide?
- What is the advantage your company has over your competitors? What are the top 3 benefits you offer your clients/customers?
- What promotional offers (if any) does your company currently offer?
- What would get you to click through this ad if typing in x keywords?
- What answer is the searcher trying to find? i.e. Are you fulfilling the searcher’s needs?
- In the end, why should the searcher click on your ad?
Once you’re finished answering the seven questions, you can begin to write your ad text. Once you’ve completed writing your ad text, use the checklist below to be sure you’ve written a benefit-oriented, attention-getting, call-to-action driven ad text!
- Does the ad title grab your audience’s attention?
- Does the title contain at least one of your keywords?
- Does the ad title initially answer a question?
- Does the ad title differ from your competitors?
- Does the description contain at least one keyword?
- Does the description answer the searchers question?
- Does the description engage users to read on?
- Does the description contain a call to action?
- Is the description limited in any way?
- Are there any promotional offers in the description?
- Is the description different from your competitors?
- Can the searcher tell the benefit from reading the description?
- Is the display url contain sentence caps?
- Does the display url match the destination url?
- Does the destination url take users to the correct page?
- Does the destination url need any tracking?
If you find it helps, use this guide and checklist every time you write or re-write your ad text to ensure you’re targeting the right customer and gaining a competitive advantage over your competition.
Get Your Brand in Front of Dedicated PPC Pros!
We're headed to London to join nearly 300 of our best PPC friends. And we still have a limited number of opportunities for your brand to join us!
The Top Ten Tips For Effective Dayparting
Determining your need for hour of day modifiers can provide extremely competitive returns based on time invested in implementing.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Should You Be Creating Device Specific Campaigns?
Creating new device specific campaigns is a lot of work and can potentially overcrowd your account. You need to determine if this tactic is right for you.
9 Hero Conf London Advanced Sessions You Can't Miss
If you'd like some more details (and we've got plenty of details), how about a rundown of the deepest, most actionable sessions you'll see. These 9 sessions are designed for the expert-level PPC professional.
Why Your PPC Account Isn’t Living Up To Its Potential
I will review common themes that I see in either prospective clients, new clients, or accounts that are red that aren't living up to their potential.
[New Webinar!] 6 Steps To An Advanced Competitor Analysis For Digital Marke...
In this new live webinar, Hanapin’s Jacob Fairclough and SEMrush’s Paul Klebanov will direct you through the process of analyzing your own account, comparing it to your competition, and taking the steps to put your brand above the rest.
5 Psychological Principles You Should Be Using In Your Marketing
I propose that knowing what your audience is thinking or even the steps in their thought process is even more beneficial than simply knowing who they are.
Add It To The List - Structured Snippets Now Available In Bing
Another item for the list of new features in Bing - Structured Snippets are now available to all U.S. advertisers, with international support already being rolled out.
Do You Want A Free PPC Hero T-Shirt?
We're conducting a brief 2-minute survey to get your thoughts and opinions. By taking the survey, you'll get entered to win a certified PPC Hero shirt! Fill out the survey by Friday, September 23rd.
4 Tips To Survive An Account Manager Change
Have you ever received a call or email from your agency that you will be getting a new account manager? The thought could be frightening, especially if you LOVE your current AM. After you take a deep breath and realize life will go on, keep...
Build Your PPC Network, One Pro at a Time!
Do you ever feel that the people who understand your role best live mostly on Twitter? Is it sometimes difficult to find those few individuals you know you can count on for the best PPC advice? We’ve got the solution for your paid search woes.
Balancing Volume, Competition, And Intent To Find The Right Keyword
Although it isn’t going to bring results as quickly as a PPC campaign (and you can even use these methods for PPC), you can’t go wrong with a good old organic traffic campaign running alongside your ads.