PPC News Round Up for April 24, 2009
April 24, 2009
- How long does it take you to design a landing pages? According to Justin to Post-Click Marketing Blog, if you spend more than 7 hours designing a landing page, you’re invested too much time. Once you’ve put that much time into a landing page, it’s no longer egile and it’s can be changed rapidly for testing. What can slow you down? Graphics. Lesson: make your landing pages nimble.
- There isn’t much talk about PPC black hat tactics. The tactics discussed in this article aren’t as deceptive as SEO black hat, but they do draw their power from the dark side. We don’t engage in these tactics but we just thought we’d bring them to your attention. Remember, don’t be evil.
- Search Engine Land has a post about the new data the Google keyword tool is providing. Now they’re giving users results based on local search and global search volume. Since the global search volume encompasses all countries, Barry and others found that the search volume for global was lower than local almost a majority of the time which doesn’t really make much sense.
- Paid search will grow says Gaurav Kohli who posted on SEOmoz when discussing the future of search. He says paid search will develop into a much broader advertising medium and audio/visual and display ads will also rise.
- Microsoft is trying to grow their number of beta testers for pubCenter. Some have said that this is a key milestone for pubCenter. I couldn’t agree more. The importance of beta testing, getting user feedback, and making improvements based on that feedback is invaluable and will only help Microsoft deliver a better more intuitive product to us.
- Still annoyed by the appearance of the new Adwords interface? I hate change too and wish computers had never been invented and we still thought the earth was flat. But every time I’m in Adwords I find some useful feature I didn’t know was available, so it’s probably time to stop complaining. And read Inside Adwords “New Interface Thursdays” series.
- ClickEquations ran a whole series about Quality Score this week. We’re missing chapter 2 in the series on the blog, apparently for legal reasons (sort of intriguing), but this is an interesting Quality Score overview and besides, the ebook they’re offering in conjunction with this blog series is free, so maybe we should get it.
Expanded Text Ads Come To Google AdWords Editor
Advertisers have been able to create expanded text ads, but couldn't utilize AdWords Editor. That has now changed with the release of the latest version of AdWords Editor.
Bidding Farewell to Adwords Converted Clicks: Don't Panic
AdWords will soon be saying goodbye to the "Converted Clicks" metric. Learn more about what this means for your account and how to prepare for the transition.
Olympic PPC Ad Strategies
How spectators consume sporting events and a massive expansion in the digital space will prove to shake up who and how advertisers reach their audiences.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Hanapin's PPC Resources Are Now Ungated!
You can now access Hanapin's whitepapers and toolkits without having to fill out a form!
View Ad Creative Through The Eyes Of Your Searchers
Learn to understand that ads do not live in the vacuum of an excel sheet and common practices should be tested.
[New Webinar!] 11 Red Flags To Watch Out For When Working With An Agency
Leveraging Analytics For Remarketing: Picking The Ripest Fruit
Remarketing prevalence is well founded based on competitive returns in both volume and efficiency. With that said, this "low hanging fruit" world isn't always easy to pick.
How To Analyze Time-Of-Day Performance For Luxury Products
The importance of ad schedules varies across industries, services, and products. For e-commerce companies that sell luxury goods, ad schedules are more crucial.
One Week Left to Save 25% at Hero Conf London!
You still have time to join us for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul's at 25% off the conference price. But time is running out.
4 Common Questions Prospects Ask Me During The Sales Process
There’s always new, hot topics and questions we get asked by prospects to see what our company’s take is, and how we go about implementing from a services perspective. Read what our most common questions are.
Mobile Price Extensions Rolling Out In AdWords
It looks like "Christmas in July" has come to Google. Recently announced price extensions are designed to help mobile marketers qualify clicks and inform prospective consumers.
[New Whitepaper!] 4 Ways To Survive PPC Campaigns for the Healthcare Market...
This whitepaper will highlight four examples of how thinking at the corners can help boost your PPC performance in the healthcare industry.
Create Visually Appealing Reports With Google Data Studio
When we talk about what tasks tend to eat up a significant chunk of time, reporting is surely mentioned. You may want to explore another option - Google Data Studio.