PPC News Roundup For 10/9/09
October 9, 2009
- It is very important to choose the appropriate match type for your PPC campaign. Some accounts can thrive off exact match alone, while others need a good mix to drive the best traffic. Read about the pros and cons of each match type from Search Engine Land.
- This post from Brad Geddes, You are Not Your Target Market is one of the best posts I’ve read in a long time. I would love to send it to all of my clients who think they know how 100% of the world searches for products/services online because they assume everyone searches like they do. It is a must read.
- Do you have one person in charge of conversions or multiple people? Or maybe even no one in particular? A study from Econsultancy and RedEye says that companies that hire at least one person that is directly in charge of conversions/leads are likely to see improvements in their conversion rates. While this sounds obvious to me, I know there are companies that put no one in particular in charge of conversions and therefore things ultimately fall by the wayside.
- A note to die-hard Firefox users: some people still use IE. And Chrome. And Safari. So when you’re testing landing page designs, be sure you’re checking page performance by browser in Analytics. If you see that one particular browser has a bounce rate that makes you look twice, it may not be that your site sucks, but instead, users might not be getting the full effect.
- There’s no point in adding negative keywords to your accounts if no one is actually getting to you via these terms. Bulk-adding suggested negatives just creates noise and potentially wastes your time. Instead, use negative keywords effectively by running a search query report to see how users – both those that should and those who probably shouldn’t –actually arrive to your site.
- Wondering how your quality score is actually determined? PPC Blog has a post this week on Deciphering Google’s Quality Score. Some of the highlights from the post include suggestions on how to improve your score, how to identify what your keywords’ quality score is, and the importance of being careful when moving keywords around.
- Are you or your clients using, or considering using Bing’s Cashback program to drive sales? There hasn’t been as much discussion of this as I might have expected- Andrew Morgan at the RKG blog provides some good guidelines regarding how to use it, how not to, and potential issues to watch out for.
[New Webinar!] 11 Red Flags To Watch Out For When Working With An Agency
Leveraging Analytics For Remarketing: Picking The Ripest Fruit
Remarketing prevalence is well founded based on competitive returns in both volume and efficiency. With that said, this "low hanging fruit" world isn't always easy to pick.
How To Analyze Time-Of-Day Performance For Luxury Products
The importance of ad schedules varies across industries, services, and products. For e-commerce companies that sell luxury goods, ad schedules are more crucial.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
One Week Left to Save 25% at Hero Conf London!
You still have time to join us for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul's at 25% off the conference price. But time is running out.
4 Common Questions Prospects Ask Me During The Sales Process
There’s always new, hot topics and questions we get asked by prospects to see what our company’s take is, and how we go about implementing from a services perspective. Read what our most common questions are.
Mobile Price Extensions Rolling Out In AdWords
It looks like "Christmas in July" has come to Google. Recently announced price extensions are designed to help mobile marketers qualify clicks and inform prospective consumers.
[New Whitepaper!] 4 Ways To Survive PPC Campaigns for the Healthcare Market...
This whitepaper will highlight four examples of how thinking at the corners can help boost your PPC performance in the healthcare industry.
Create Visually Appealing Reports With Google Data Studio
When we talk about what tasks tend to eat up a significant chunk of time, reporting is surely mentioned. You may want to explore another option - Google Data Studio.
Liveblogging 2016 DoubleClick Announcements
Today is the day we learn more about the latest DoubleClick updates. Follow along live as we share DoubleClick's announcements as well as our opinions.
The 2016 Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts
After a month of voting, rigorous research and data analysis, we are excited to announce the wildly anticipated list of the Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts for 2016.
[New Webinar with AdEspresso!] 4 Effective Strategies for Facebook Lead Gen...
In this new webinar, AdEspresso and Hanapin experts discuss four effective strategies to use Facebook Lead Gen Ads for your business.
PPC Hero Launches New Site!
We're excited to announce the launch of a brand new PPC Hero! We've redesigned the site to be more search friendly with a better navigation system and more opportunity to find the right resources quicker.
How To Get More Out Of Excel Solver
Excel Solver is a fantastic tool, but most examples only cover simple marketing use cases. We’ll cover the next steps of enhancing your models and how to automate the process.