PPC News Roundup for 11/13/2009
November 13, 2009
- Search Engine Land takes a look at the advanced segments feature in Google Analytics. The example compares short & long keywords to show how the advanced tool can be used to analyze keyword data more efficiently. Never hurts to learn a little bit more about Analytics…
- The next installment in the SEM Beginner Series explains the use of dynamic text and how it can be used to improve some Key Performance Indicators. Ad copy that is customized to what the user searched on can improve your CTR and conversion rates.
- Searching Beyond the Paid has a nice post this week on PPC and The Advertising Revolution. The post outlines similarities between PPC and old fashioned classified advertising, point to the call to action as the shared, essential feature.
- Does Zappos have the foundation for future success in this blog post? I think so. Once a company begins to offer these kinds of benefits to both their customers and employees, everyone will eventually have to follow or be forced out of the competition.
- Don’t overlook geotargeting as an integral part of your PPC campaign. This ROI Revolution Blog post focuses on optimizing your PPC campaign using some advanced geographic targeting features.
- Wes Walls at the NVI Solutions blog wrote up a good 4 step strategy to optimize your AdWords campaigns. These strategies are geared to help improve your click-through rate.
- How can you make your PPC campaign awesome? Testing. Sure, you may not know exactly what appeals best to your audience when you’re launching, but you can quickly find out by testing and letting your users tell you what they like.
- And finally: new AdWords features! Check out Brad Geddes’ post and make sure you know about all of them. Keep up with the times, you know.
Keynotes from Bing & Google + the Hero Conf Advanced Track
Where do you go to get the most relevant information in PPC, plus the opportunity to network with the best and brightest the industry has to offer? Why Hero Conf, of course.
3 Questions You Need To Answer Before Beginning Paid Advertising
So you’ve you decided you want to start PPC advertising, but now you are asking, “Where do I start?” We've listed and answered 3 questions you should be asking.
Road Trip - 5 Tips For Creating International Campaigns
International markets can add complexity to any account, but here are a few settings and opportunities to make your global ad strategy stand out in non-US markets.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Discover 3 Levels Of Geo Targeting For Beginners, Intermediates, & Experts
Setting geographic targets is day one. Whether it’s to exclude places you cannot sell or serve or to specifically target your primary customer base, the implementation of geo-targets is on the must-do list.
[New Webinar!] What You Need To Know About New AdWords Features
In this new live webinar, Hanapin Associate Director of Services Jeff Baum and Optmyzr’s CEO Frederick Vallaeys will walk you through the new AdWords tools and show how you can use them to optimize your accounts.
The Social Strategies You Need To Know For App Promotion
Create social strategies to promote app awareness and leverage geographic and demographic data reported by these platforms to refine audiences.
Guide the Industry and Take the 2016 State of PPC Survey!
Each year, Hanapin Marketing manages extensive research into the State of PPC Report, which provides a statistical breakdown of the digital ad industry and guides expectations.
What's In A Name? Building Powerful Product Titles For Ecommerce
Over the years, we've tested a variety of different product title alterations in hopes of finding the perfect title. Did we? Yes, and no. The fact of the matter is, it depends.
What Upgraded Bing URLs Mean For You
Bing is continuing its effort to catch up with Adwords. Upgraded URLs, which isolate tracking parameters from final URLs, are now available to Bing advertisers.
Where Does Your Hero Conf Dollar (or Pound) Go?
5 Common Excel Issues And How To Fix
Excel, while a fabulous tool for PPC, is not without its occasional hang-ups. In this post, we’ll go through some common problems, and how to fix them.
[New Whitepaper!] Guide to Google AdWords: Advanced Edition
In this whitepaper, you will gain a greater understanding of the distinction between e-commerce and lead generation PPC strategies, learn the effective use of Remarketing, how to utilize advanced segmentation for improved targeting, cross-device attribution, and how to use automated rules in your accounts.
Google Announces Controversial Updates To The Keyword Planner Tool
Google updated the AdWords Community on the state of the Keyword Planner tool and the response from several advertisers was quite dramatic.