PPC News Roundup for January 23, 2008
January 23, 2008
- Seeing higher minimum CPC’s lately? That might be because Google Adwords has re-evaluated their Quality Score on Keywords according to PPC Lab. Although it doesn’t explicitly say why, google frequently re-evaluates their keyword quality score algo and some underperforming keywords may suffer.
- Interested in knowing how the 2007 holiday online shopping went? Read Search Engine’s Guide on top holiday shopping trends. Some of the trends that you could take advantage of in your ppc campaigns this year are to highlight promotions in your ad text and talk your clients into adding their products into Shopzilla or Pricegrabber for additional exposure, which they are both on a CPC basis.
- KoMarketing Associates have posted a list of the top 200+ negative keywords to consider for B2B PPC campaigns. Check out the list here.
- Aaron Goldman of Search Insider asks, “Will CPA become the default pricing model for paid search?” An interesting question indeed! Aaron provides some rather compelling reasons why he thinks the answer to this question is “yes.” And I agree. I am uncertain as to which direction the evolution of paid search will take in the next couple of years. However, if CPA never fully overtakes the CPC model, I think it will definitely be a viable source of alternative traffic and conversions.
- After watching a single broad match keyword for several days in AdWords, James at Apollo SEM made the realization that Quality Score is real-time. This discovery led him to postulate that the visible Quality Score within your campaigns is really just “a visible indicator that can give you a vague idea of how relevant your keywords are.”
- In a very short, but potentially huge blog post, Brad Geddes at eWhisper stated the following: “I had a long assumed thought confirmed by Google: Quality score is only based upon the exact match for a keyword.” Very interestingâ€¦
- Most of us in the PPC biz are using some type of contact form on our landing pages. Grokdotcom came up with this list of 7 tips for boosting web form conversions. Some of the basics are present like indicating required fields and offering a reassurance of security. But this list also includes some more cerebral ideas like not using “submit” on your buttons, but instead literally stating the action the user should take!
How Should You Use Display Advertising?
We hear similar questions from clients on a regular basis. One question we hear often is “How do your other clients use Display Advertising?”
Expanded Text Ads: 7 Million Clicks Say They’re Underperforming
Over the past 6 weeks, we have been lucky enough to experiment with expanded text ads, and frankly, I’m not impressed with their performance.
£300 Off Hero Conf London Ends Tomorrow!
Time is nearly gone to reserve your seat for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul’s, at a huge discount off the regular conference rate!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Expanded Text Ads Come To Google AdWords Editor
Advertisers have been able to create expanded text ads, but couldn't utilize AdWords Editor. That has now changed with the release of the latest version of AdWords Editor.
Bidding Farewell to Adwords Converted Clicks: Don't Panic
AdWords will soon be saying goodbye to the "Converted Clicks" metric. Learn more about what this means for your account and how to prepare for the transition.
Olympic PPC Ad Strategies
How spectators consume sporting events and a massive expansion in the digital space will prove to shake up who and how advertisers reach their audiences.
Hanapin's PPC Resources Are Now Ungated!
You can now access Hanapin's whitepapers and toolkits without having to fill out a form!
View Ad Creative Through The Eyes Of Your Searchers
Learn to understand that ads do not live in the vacuum of an excel sheet and common practices should be tested.
[New Webinar!] 11 Red Flags To Watch Out For When Working With An Agency
Leveraging Analytics For Remarketing: Picking The Ripest Fruit
Remarketing prevalence is well founded based on competitive returns in both volume and efficiency. With that said, this "low hanging fruit" world isn't always easy to pick.
How To Analyze Time-Of-Day Performance For Luxury Products
The importance of ad schedules varies across industries, services, and products. For e-commerce companies that sell luxury goods, ad schedules are more crucial.
One Week Left to Save 25% at Hero Conf London!
You still have time to join us for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul's at 25% off the conference price. But time is running out.
4 Common Questions Prospects Ask Me During The Sales Process
There’s always new, hot topics and questions we get asked by prospects to see what our company’s take is, and how we go about implementing from a services perspective. Read what our most common questions are.