PPC News Roundup for January 23, 2008
January 23, 2008
- Seeing higher minimum CPC’s lately? That might be because Google Adwords has re-evaluated their Quality Score on Keywords according to PPC Lab. Although it doesn’t explicitly say why, google frequently re-evaluates their keyword quality score algo and some underperforming keywords may suffer.
- Interested in knowing how the 2007 holiday online shopping went? Read Search Engine’s Guide on top holiday shopping trends. Some of the trends that you could take advantage of in your ppc campaigns this year are to highlight promotions in your ad text and talk your clients into adding their products into Shopzilla or Pricegrabber for additional exposure, which they are both on a CPC basis.
- KoMarketing Associates have posted a list of the top 200+ negative keywords to consider for B2B PPC campaigns. Check out the list here.
- Aaron Goldman of Search Insider asks, “Will CPA become the default pricing model for paid search?” An interesting question indeed! Aaron provides some rather compelling reasons why he thinks the answer to this question is “yes.” And I agree. I am uncertain as to which direction the evolution of paid search will take in the next couple of years. However, if CPA never fully overtakes the CPC model, I think it will definitely be a viable source of alternative traffic and conversions.
- After watching a single broad match keyword for several days in AdWords, James at Apollo SEM made the realization that Quality Score is real-time. This discovery led him to postulate that the visible Quality Score within your campaigns is really just “a visible indicator that can give you a vague idea of how relevant your keywords are.”
- In a very short, but potentially huge blog post, Brad Geddes at eWhisper stated the following: “I had a long assumed thought confirmed by Google: Quality score is only based upon the exact match for a keyword.” Very interestingâ€¦
- Most of us in the PPC biz are using some type of contact form on our landing pages. Grokdotcom came up with this list of 7 tips for boosting web form conversions. Some of the basics are present like indicating required fields and offering a reassurance of security. But this list also includes some more cerebral ideas like not using “submit” on your buttons, but instead literally stating the action the user should take!
Road Trip - 5 Tips For Creating International Campaigns
International markets can add complexity to any account, but here are a few settings and opportunities to make your global ad strategy stand out in non-US markets.
Discover 3 Levels Of Geo Targeting For Beginners, Intermediates, & Experts
Setting geographic targets is day one. Whether it’s to exclude places you cannot sell or serve or to specifically target your primary customer base, the implementation of geo-targets is on the must-do list.
[New Webinar!] What You Need To Know About New AdWords Features
In this new live webinar, Hanapin Associate Director of Services Jeff Baum and Optmyzr’s CEO Frederick Vallaeys will walk you through the new AdWords tools and show how you can use them to optimize your accounts.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Social Strategies You Need To Know For App Promotion
Create social strategies to promote app awareness and leverage geographic and demographic data reported by these platforms to refine audiences.
Guide the Industry and Take the 2016 State of PPC Survey!
Each year, Hanapin Marketing manages extensive research into the State of PPC Report, which provides a statistical breakdown of the digital ad industry and guides expectations.
What's In A Name? Building Powerful Product Titles For Ecommerce
Over the years, we've tested a variety of different product title alterations in hopes of finding the perfect title. Did we? Yes, and no. The fact of the matter is, it depends.
What Upgraded Bing URLs Mean For You
Bing is continuing its effort to catch up with Adwords. Upgraded URLs, which isolate tracking parameters from final URLs, are now available to Bing advertisers.
Where Does Your Hero Conf Dollar (or Pound) Go?
5 Common Excel Issues And How To Fix
Excel, while a fabulous tool for PPC, is not without its occasional hang-ups. In this post, we’ll go through some common problems, and how to fix them.
[New Whitepaper!] Guide to Google AdWords: Advanced Edition
In this whitepaper, you will gain a greater understanding of the distinction between e-commerce and lead generation PPC strategies, learn the effective use of Remarketing, how to utilize advanced segmentation for improved targeting, cross-device attribution, and how to use automated rules in your accounts.
Google Announces Controversial Updates To The Keyword Planner Tool
Google updated the AdWords Community on the state of the Keyword Planner tool and the response from several advertisers was quite dramatic.
7 Overlooked Facebook Power Editor Features That Will Save You Time
I will be sharing often overlooked time-saving features for Facebook Power Editor so you can spend more energy on the tactics and strategy.
Ecommerce Secrets with Google, Bing, & Hanapin - New Webinar Panel!
This Thursday, August 18th at noon EST, we'll be hosting a webinar called "Supercharge Holiday Sales With These Must-Have PPC Tactics." Presenters include Carrie Albright, Jose Rodriguez, Purna Virji, and Matt Umbro.