PPC News Roundup for June 13, 2007
June 13, 2007
- There is an awful lot of chatter about Ask. Regardless if their search alterations are generating better results, the certainly are causing a stir in the blogosphere. Ask is touting their new morph and in-line search functions. SE Round Table asks if the “The Algorithm” campaign is working. Search Insider dissects Ask’s new SERP and gives some very interesting insight.
- Microsoft is making strides with adLab. They already launched a handful of useful tools, and looks like they’ve got more complex tools in store for the future.
- While everyone else is touting the growth of paid search advertising, ClickZ is reporting the steady downfall of ROI (43% under last year!). Grokdotcom argues that it’s time marketers avoided paid search and concentrated on organic strategies. However, for all the reasons listed in that post, I could find ways to apply them to improving paid search ROI as well.
- Several sources reported on Google’s update to the Landing Page Quality Score. PPC Discussions reports no abnormal changes and asks if anyone else saw a change in minimum bids.
- Search Engine Roundtable talks about Google’s new Placement Performance report and discusses repercussions to both advertisers and AdSense publishers.
- Controversy sparks when David Naylor posts a blog about searchmash.com, a new search engine Google is testing.
- SEO Moz digs deep into identifying long tail search patterns.
- This is an example of how the new Ask UI yields greater user satisfaction.
Browse By Category
How To Setup An Apple Search Ads Campaign
Apple Search Ads has become a huge force in the world of app downloads. Get tips on how to launch a campaign to promote an app!
Adding Facebook Ad Block Lists
Get tips on how to add a Facebook ad placement block list and start blocking your ads from appearing on certain websites.
Optimizing Display Advertising in an Omni-Channel World
We’re teaming up with DialogTech to tell you all about display tactics you can put in place for conversion success, both online and over the phone. DialogTech’s Blair Symes and Hanapin’s Stephanie White will show you the advanced strategies that will have a big impact...
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Mastering The Transition To PPC Account Manager
Get tips on how to make a successful transition from production associate to PPC account manager.
All You Need to Know to Succeed With CPA Bidding
Using CPA bidding is like living with an unpredictable pet. He’s as likely to bite your guest’s hand, as be a saint.
The End of 2 Ads per Ad Group: Optimized Rotation Means More Ad Variety & V...
With the new rotation settings rolling out on the ad group level, it will be far easier to give it a test!