PPC News Roundup for March 12, 2008
- Jeremey Mays from PPC Discussions posts a very helpful and insightful Adwords Quality Score FAQ. Questions range from ‘how can I improve my quality score?’ to ‘is having flash on my site bad for my quality score?’
- Matt Lester at Search Engine Land has stripped down a successful search marketing campaign down to the basics. Sure, this post is general and each of these 10 topics could be a book by itself, but if you’re just getting started these are the big ideas you need to keep in mind.
- It was Bon Jovi who taught me how to love, and now they are metaphor for successful internet marketing. These guys just never stop! Li Evans has written an entertaining and informative article about what Bon Jovi can teach all of us about successful SEM. Sure, it’s kind of a stretch but he has some good points.
- Grokdotcom reviewed the Good, Bad and the Ugly PPC search results for a digital camera. They looked at the top three paid search results and the landing page experience. Basically, some really big mistakes were made and only one of the top three results actually took the searcher to the product!
- Have you ever asked yourself, “How could I reverse engineer Google’s Content Network?” Well, probably not. But the Scrappy Business Idea Blog did just that and created a video showing their process. The process involves ad positioning in Gmail and making assumptions from that positioning. Good luck with this one!
- This article over at the Search Marketing Standard does a great job of explaining Google’s complex keyword status descriptions. “Active” doesn’t always mean that your keyword is activeâ€¦ The author recommends (and so do I) that you check the magnifying lens next to your keyword for status validation.
Get Your Brand in Front of Dedicated PPC Pros!
We're headed to London to join nearly 300 of our best PPC friends. And we still have a limited number of opportunities for your brand to join us!
The Top Ten Tips For Effective Dayparting
Determining your need for hour of day modifiers can provide extremely competitive returns based on time invested in implementing.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Should You Be Creating Device Specific Campaigns?
Creating new device specific campaigns is a lot of work and can potentially overcrowd your account. You need to determine if this tactic is right for you.
9 Hero Conf London Advanced Sessions You Can't Miss
If you'd like some more details (and we've got plenty of details), how about a rundown of the deepest, most actionable sessions you'll see. These 9 sessions are designed for the expert-level PPC professional.
Why Your PPC Account Isn’t Living Up To Its Potential
I will review common themes that I see in either prospective clients, new clients, or accounts that are red that aren't living up to their potential.
[New Webinar!] 6 Steps To An Advanced Competitor Analysis For Digital Marke...
In this new live webinar, Hanapin’s Jacob Fairclough and SEMrush’s Paul Klebanov will direct you through the process of analyzing your own account, comparing it to your competition, and taking the steps to put your brand above the rest.
5 Psychological Principles You Should Be Using In Your Marketing
I propose that knowing what your audience is thinking or even the steps in their thought process is even more beneficial than simply knowing who they are.
Add It To The List - Structured Snippets Now Available In Bing
Another item for the list of new features in Bing - Structured Snippets are now available to all U.S. advertisers, with international support already being rolled out.
Do You Want A Free PPC Hero T-Shirt?
We're conducting a brief 2-minute survey to get your thoughts and opinions. By taking the survey, you'll get entered to win a certified PPC Hero shirt! Fill out the survey by Friday, September 23rd.
4 Tips To Survive An Account Manager Change
Have you ever received a call or email from your agency that you will be getting a new account manager? The thought could be frightening, especially if you LOVE your current AM. After you take a deep breath and realize life will go on, keep...
Build Your PPC Network, One Pro at a Time!
Do you ever feel that the people who understand your role best live mostly on Twitter? Is it sometimes difficult to find those few individuals you know you can count on for the best PPC advice? We’ve got the solution for your paid search woes.
Balancing Volume, Competition, And Intent To Find The Right Keyword
Although it isn’t going to bring results as quickly as a PPC campaign (and you can even use these methods for PPC), you can’t go wrong with a good old organic traffic campaign running alongside your ads.