PPC News Roundup for November 14, 2007
November 14, 2007
- If you perform SEM for an internet retail business, chances are you’ve had to run your fair share of test orders. Rimm-Kaufman posted a list of fake, but valid credit card numbers for easier testing (Visa, MC, AMEX, take your pick)!
- Dave Davis over at Red Fly Marketing gives a step-by-step synopsis of the new AdWords Content Exclusion BETA test. He makes several good points regarding taking a cautious approach to limiting the Content Network and that no tool will ever replace solid manual reporting (via Placement Performance reports).
- After reading this article on the “impending recession of PPC” by Steve Rubel, Traffick’s Andrew Goodman responded to each point. Whether it was in response to ad clutter on the search engines, or search ads being untrustworthy, Andrew makes a solid case for the livelihood of pay-per-click advertising.
- Marketing Sherpa now has a new Landing page Handbook. Data and case studies provided in the book include trust and security icons, testing methodology, intent reinforcement, optimizing by keyword match type and social media optimization. There’s just one catch, it’s $497!!!
- A source of debate in the PPC world is the effectiveness of Google’s content network. Personally, I’ve had great success with the content network. However, it is requires a totally different approach/mind-set/methodology from the search network. Google is assisting advertiser with the content network by offering some recent improvements such as more transparent reporting; better targeting and pricing availability; and more bidding choices. Watch for our post on Friday on how to optimize your account for the content network!
- There is nothing like transferable knowledge! Small Business SEM has a great post on 8 things the search industry can teach small businesses. This is a great post, and I wonder what small business management could teach search marketers?
- Need some clarification on these terms within AdWords: Minimum CPC, Maximum CPC, Average CPC? If so, Inside AdWords has been kind enough to post some definitions of these terms. These may seem basic but it never hurts to refresh your memory.
Expanded Text Ads And Other Bing Ads Editor Updates
Pilot access for Expanded Text Ads is now available to Bing Ads users. Get access to the link and learn about other new features in the latest Bing Ads Editor update.
Keynotes from Bing & Google + the Hero Conf Advanced Track
Where do you go to get the most relevant information in PPC, plus the opportunity to network with the best and brightest the industry has to offer? Why Hero Conf, of course.
3 Questions You Need To Answer Before Beginning Paid Advertising
So you’ve you decided you want to start PPC advertising, but now you are asking, “Where do I start?” We've listed and answered 3 questions you should be asking.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Road Trip - 5 Tips For Creating International Campaigns
International markets can add complexity to any account, but here are a few settings and opportunities to make your global ad strategy stand out in non-US markets.
Discover 3 Levels Of Geo Targeting For Beginners, Intermediates, & Experts
Setting geographic targets is day one. Whether it’s to exclude places you cannot sell or serve or to specifically target your primary customer base, the implementation of geo-targets is on the must-do list.
[New Webinar!] What You Need To Know About New AdWords Features
In this new live webinar, Hanapin Associate Director of Services Jeff Baum and Optmyzr’s CEO Frederick Vallaeys will walk you through the new AdWords tools and show how you can use them to optimize your accounts.
The Social Strategies You Need To Know For App Promotion
Create social strategies to promote app awareness and leverage geographic and demographic data reported by these platforms to refine audiences.
Guide the Industry and Take the 2016 State of PPC Survey!
Each year, Hanapin Marketing manages extensive research into the State of PPC Report, which provides a statistical breakdown of the digital ad industry and guides expectations.
What's In A Name? Building Powerful Product Titles For Ecommerce
Over the years, we've tested a variety of different product title alterations in hopes of finding the perfect title. Did we? Yes, and no. The fact of the matter is, it depends.
What Upgraded Bing URLs Mean For You
Bing is continuing its effort to catch up with Adwords. Upgraded URLs, which isolate tracking parameters from final URLs, are now available to Bing advertisers.
Where Does Your Hero Conf Dollar (or Pound) Go?
5 Common Excel Issues And How To Fix
Excel, while a fabulous tool for PPC, is not without its occasional hang-ups. In this post, we’ll go through some common problems, and how to fix them.
[New Whitepaper!] Guide to Google AdWords: Advanced Edition
In this whitepaper, you will gain a greater understanding of the distinction between e-commerce and lead generation PPC strategies, learn the effective use of Remarketing, how to utilize advanced segmentation for improved targeting, cross-device attribution, and how to use automated rules in your accounts.