PPC News Roundup for November 14, 2007
November 14, 2007
- If you perform SEM for an internet retail business, chances are you’ve had to run your fair share of test orders. Rimm-Kaufman posted a list of fake, but valid credit card numbers for easier testing (Visa, MC, AMEX, take your pick)!
- Dave Davis over at Red Fly Marketing gives a step-by-step synopsis of the new AdWords Content Exclusion BETA test. He makes several good points regarding taking a cautious approach to limiting the Content Network and that no tool will ever replace solid manual reporting (via Placement Performance reports).
- After reading this article on the “impending recession of PPC” by Steve Rubel, Traffick’s Andrew Goodman responded to each point. Whether it was in response to ad clutter on the search engines, or search ads being untrustworthy, Andrew makes a solid case for the livelihood of pay-per-click advertising.
- Marketing Sherpa now has a new Landing page Handbook. Data and case studies provided in the book include trust and security icons, testing methodology, intent reinforcement, optimizing by keyword match type and social media optimization. There’s just one catch, it’s $497!!!
- A source of debate in the PPC world is the effectiveness of Google’s content network. Personally, I’ve had great success with the content network. However, it is requires a totally different approach/mind-set/methodology from the search network. Google is assisting advertiser with the content network by offering some recent improvements such as more transparent reporting; better targeting and pricing availability; and more bidding choices. Watch for our post on Friday on how to optimize your account for the content network!
- There is nothing like transferable knowledge! Small Business SEM has a great post on 8 things the search industry can teach small businesses. This is a great post, and I wonder what small business management could teach search marketers?
- Need some clarification on these terms within AdWords: Minimum CPC, Maximum CPC, Average CPC? If so, Inside AdWords has been kind enough to post some definitions of these terms. These may seem basic but it never hurts to refresh your memory.
Browse By Category
Smart RLSA Tips for the Holiday Season
The holiday season is just around the corner! Get tips on how to fine tune your RLSA audiences to capture additional conversions or revenue.
Our Attendees Have Spoken - Why You Can't Miss London
At Hero Conf London, 23-25 October, we've created a schedule that can be tailored to any PPC role. In-depth, actionable sessions for the PPC Specialist and high-level strategies and tactics for the Marketing Manager looking to generate new opportunities.
Using Google Sheets as a Script Controller
Learn how to use Google Sheets to make AdWords script adjustments via spreadsheet rather than through the code itself.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How To Setup An Apple Search Ads Campaign
Apple Search Ads has become a huge force in the world of app downloads. Get tips on how to launch a campaign to promote an app!
Adding Facebook Ad Block Lists
Get tips on how to add a Facebook ad placement block list and start blocking your ads from appearing on certain websites.
Optimizing Display Advertising in an Omni-Channel World
We’re teaming up with DialogTech to tell you all about display tactics you can put in place for conversion success, both online and over the phone. DialogTech’s Blair Symes and Hanapin’s Stephanie White will show you the advanced strategies that will have a big impact...