PPC News Roundup for November 21, 2007
November 21, 2007
- With the holidays upon us, it’s time to start talking statistics. Marketing Pilgrim shares 8 statistics for internet retailers this holiday shopping season. For example, 61% of online shoppers prefer free shipping and 68% of internet users shop or research products online. This is a good list to get us all ready for Cyber Monday!
- The long tail is overrated (everything’s overrated this week). At least that’s what The PPC Book is telling us. “If you can’tâ€¦ turn a positive ROI with the most competitive short tail termsâ€¦ there is a very good change that your problem isn’t keyword related.” This post suggests that in order to get the most bang for your buck, you’ve got to aim for the big league, competitive keywords.
- There is an SEM/PPC debate brewing! The topic: PPC ad copy. Greg Meyers at SEM Geek has taken the stance that paid search ad copy is overrated. His stance is that keywords, site usability are much more important than focusing on ad copy. Greg says, “Ads don’t move the Revenue Needle. Keywords, landing pages, carts, user experience and most importantly DEMAND for your products/services are what does it.” However, the team over at Mind Valley labs appear to have a different take on ad copy. They have published two studies (study #1, and study #2) that focus on the importance of ad text. I think when it comes to PPC management, you need to focus on everything!
- Has your click-through rate increased or decreased since the clickable area change within AdSense? I haven’t noticed much a difference, but you can see what other people have to say on this topic and how this change has effect their campaigns over at Search Engine Roundtable.
- What can hinder or completely halt a search marketing campaign? Brian Kaminski has posted a very good article over at Search Engine Land that answers this question.
Browse By Category
Adding Facebook Ad Block Lists
Get tips on how to add a Facebook ad placement block list and start blocking your ads from appearing on certain websites.
Optimizing Display Advertising in an Omni-Channel World
We’re teaming up with DialogTech to tell you all about display tactics you can put in place for conversion success, both online and over the phone. DialogTech’s Blair Symes and Hanapin’s Stephanie White will show you the advanced strategies that will have a big impact...
Mastering The Transition To PPC Account Manager
Get tips on how to make a successful transition from production associate to PPC account manager.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
All You Need to Know to Succeed With CPA Bidding
Using CPA bidding is like living with an unpredictable pet. He’s as likely to bite your guest’s hand, as be a saint.
The End of 2 Ads per Ad Group: Optimized Rotation Means More Ad Variety & V...
With the new rotation settings rolling out on the ad group level, it will be far easier to give it a test!
Demystifying Average Position in AdWords
Get a better understanding of average position and how to breakdown data to determine what is the best position for your ads.