PPC News Roundup for October 10, 2007
October 10, 2007
- To get search marketing right, you have to get it wrong. Mike Moran has written an insightful article on why search marketing is so hard. I agree! Mike discusses why search marketing is so different from â€˜traditional’ marketing, and why some key decision makers within a company may still be hesitant to fully explore SEM. Basically, people are afraid to be wrong and search marketing requires so much trail and error that it scares people away.
- Every year PPC figures continue to grow which means the industry is alive and well. Search engines are serving ads with higher relevance and advertisers should be seeing a higher ROI as a result of these efforts. However, Gary Stein at Clickz has already started putting nails in the PPC coffin (queue â€˜Taps’). Gary’s stance is that PPC is a stepping stone toward a CPA-based (cost-per-action) industry. I think CPA could eventually be a valid supplemental source of revenue for companies but I don’t see it overshadowing PPC anytime soon.
- Stony deGeyter from Search Engine Guide gives 20 helpful tips on how to navigate to higher conversions. Stony points out that the single most important aspect of the navigation is that it’s ease of use to your visitors. Read more here.
- Here you can read 10 ways to increase your Adwords quality score from Red Fly Marketing Dave Davis. Dave discusses best practices to optimize your account to achieve the highest quality score possible. Some tips include splitting keywords into smaller, more targeted ad groups, link building and SEO and split test landing pages.
- Dave Davis from Red Fly Marketing gives sound advice on how to increase your paid search click-through rates through action words, or better known as a call to action. Here he gives several examples of good calls to action. You can also read more on the importance of a call to action in my post here.
Browse By Category
How To Setup An Apple Search Ads Campaign
Apple Search Ads has become a huge force in the world of app downloads. Get tips on how to launch a campaign to promote an app!
Adding Facebook Ad Block Lists
Get tips on how to add a Facebook ad placement block list and start blocking your ads from appearing on certain websites.
Optimizing Display Advertising in an Omni-Channel World
We’re teaming up with DialogTech to tell you all about display tactics you can put in place for conversion success, both online and over the phone. DialogTech’s Blair Symes and Hanapin’s Stephanie White will show you the advanced strategies that will have a big impact...
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Mastering The Transition To PPC Account Manager
Get tips on how to make a successful transition from production associate to PPC account manager.
All You Need to Know to Succeed With CPA Bidding
Using CPA bidding is like living with an unpredictable pet. He’s as likely to bite your guest’s hand, as be a saint.
The End of 2 Ads per Ad Group: Optimized Rotation Means More Ad Variety & V...
With the new rotation settings rolling out on the ad group level, it will be far easier to give it a test!