What You Need to Know to Set Up Monthly Invoicing With Google AdWords
December 30, 2008
There is a series of fiery hoops that you have to jump through in order to set up invoicing for your Google AdWords. If you work with a client that regularly launches new brands, companies, or new business initiatives, that require separate PPC campaigns, your invoicing headache is probably rather large and severe. There is a way to cure this headache.
The standard procedure for setting up invoicing for a Google AdWords account requires a few steps. Not every client is eligible for invoicing. Google typically considers extending monthly invoicing to advertisers who have a minimum spend during the three most recent consecutive months with AdWords. This minimum monthly spend is approximately $1,500/month. Here is the usual process to initiate invoicing:
- You provide Google with your legal company information for review and approval by Google. In some cases, Google’s finance team may request that you send your company’s audited financials (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement and/or references) for further consideration.
- Google reviews your request, and sends you a confirmation or declination email.
- If approved, you’ll need to respond in acceptance to the confirmation email. Your credit line is determined at Google’s sole discretion.
- Once you respond to accept the terms offered, your account will be switched from your current payment type to monthly invoicing within two business days.
This means that each time you launch a new account, you need to run this new account on a credit card for the first 3-4 months (depending on your spend) and then set up invoicing. Sure, this sounds easy enough. But it is a hassle to complete this process every time you want to open a new AdWords account.
However, you don’t have to go through this process if you are launching new PPC accounts that are billable to the same corporate client.
If your company regularly launches new AdWords campaigns, and you want them all to be on invoicing as they launch, here is the solution:
- Set up an MCC (My Client Center) specifically for this client.
- Link all of this client’s AdWords accounts to this MCC so that they are all in one easily accessible place.
- Submit an invoicing request for this MCC. If your credit is in good standing with Google, your application should be approved easily.
- Once your invoice application is accepted, then all of the clients within this MCC are contained on the same invoice.
- AND every time you open a new account, but you want it to be billed to the same company and same address as the other accounts, you can just open this new account and link it to this company’s MCC.
- For this new account you will not have to start with a credit card for a number of months, and then submit an invoice application. You get to skip all of it.
Your monthly AdWords invoice will contain seperate lines for each account with a total for paid advertising spend for each month. Keep in mind, this works only for companies that are launching mutiple AdWords accounts and wants all of them to be on invoicing. If you fit this profile, this solution may save you and your accounting department some time and headache when it comes to invoicing.
How To Analyze Time-Of-Day Performance For Luxury Products
The importance of ad schedules varies across industries, services, and products. For e-commerce companies that sell luxury goods, ad schedules are more crucial.
One Week Left to Save 25% at Hero Conf London!
You still have time to join us for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul's at 25% off the conference price. But time is running out.
4 Common Questions Prospects Ask Me During The Sales Process
There’s always new, hot topics and questions we get asked by prospects to see what our company’s take is, and how we go about implementing from a services perspective. Read what our most common questions are.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Mobile Price Extensions Rolling Out In AdWords
It looks like "Christmas in July" has come to Google. Recently announced price extensions are designed to help mobile marketers qualify clicks and inform prospective consumers.
[New Whitepaper!] 4 Ways To Survive PPC Campaigns for the Healthcare Market...
This whitepaper will highlight four examples of how thinking at the corners can help boost your PPC performance in the healthcare industry.
Create Visually Appealing Reports With Google Data Studio
When we talk about what tasks tend to eat up a significant chunk of time, reporting is surely mentioned. You may want to explore another option - Google Data Studio.
Liveblogging 2016 DoubleClick Announcements
Today is the day we learn more about the latest DoubleClick updates. Follow along live as we share DoubleClick's announcements as well as our opinions.
The 2016 Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts
After a month of voting, rigorous research and data analysis, we are excited to announce the wildly anticipated list of the Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts for 2016.
[New Webinar with AdEspresso!] 4 Effective Strategies for Facebook Lead Gen...
In this new webinar, AdEspresso and Hanapin experts discuss four effective strategies to use Facebook Lead Gen Ads for your business.
PPC Hero Launches New Site!
We're excited to announce the launch of a brand new PPC Hero! We've redesigned the site to be more search friendly with a better navigation system and more opportunity to find the right resources quicker.
How To Get More Out Of Excel Solver
Excel Solver is a fantastic tool, but most examples only cover simple marketing use cases. We’ll cover the next steps of enhancing your models and how to automate the process.
Where You Should Focus Your Facebook Brand Awareness Efforts
Learn the basic metrics to focus on when you want to build awareness on Facebook.
Google To Release New Shopping And Travel Features
Several upcoming changes to Google Shopping and travel-related ads can be expected in the near future. Read to find out more.