What You Need to Know to Set Up Monthly Invoicing With Google AdWords
December 30, 2008
There is a series of fiery hoops that you have to jump through in order to set up invoicing for your Google AdWords. If you work with a client that regularly launches new brands, companies, or new business initiatives, that require separate PPC campaigns, your invoicing headache is probably rather large and severe. There is a way to cure this headache.
The standard procedure for setting up invoicing for a Google AdWords account requires a few steps. Not every client is eligible for invoicing. Google typically considers extending monthly invoicing to advertisers who have a minimum spend during the three most recent consecutive months with AdWords. This minimum monthly spend is approximately $1,500/month. Here is the usual process to initiate invoicing:
- You provide Google with your legal company information for review and approval by Google. In some cases, Google’s finance team may request that you send your company’s audited financials (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement and/or references) for further consideration.
- Google reviews your request, and sends you a confirmation or declination email.
- If approved, you’ll need to respond in acceptance to the confirmation email. Your credit line is determined at Google’s sole discretion.
- Once you respond to accept the terms offered, your account will be switched from your current payment type to monthly invoicing within two business days.
This means that each time you launch a new account, you need to run this new account on a credit card for the first 3-4 months (depending on your spend) and then set up invoicing. Sure, this sounds easy enough. But it is a hassle to complete this process every time you want to open a new AdWords account.
However, you don’t have to go through this process if you are launching new PPC accounts that are billable to the same corporate client.
If your company regularly launches new AdWords campaigns, and you want them all to be on invoicing as they launch, here is the solution:
- Set up an MCC (My Client Center) specifically for this client.
- Link all of this client’s AdWords accounts to this MCC so that they are all in one easily accessible place.
- Submit an invoicing request for this MCC. If your credit is in good standing with Google, your application should be approved easily.
- Once your invoice application is accepted, then all of the clients within this MCC are contained on the same invoice.
- AND every time you open a new account, but you want it to be billed to the same company and same address as the other accounts, you can just open this new account and link it to this company’s MCC.
- For this new account you will not have to start with a credit card for a number of months, and then submit an invoice application. You get to skip all of it.
Your monthly AdWords invoice will contain seperate lines for each account with a total for paid advertising spend for each month. Keep in mind, this works only for companies that are launching mutiple AdWords accounts and wants all of them to be on invoicing. If you fit this profile, this solution may save you and your accounting department some time and headache when it comes to invoicing.
Road Trip - 5 Tips For Creating International Campaigns
International markets can add complexity to any account, but here are a few settings and opportunities to make your global ad strategy stand out in non-US markets.
Discover 3 Levels Of Geo Targeting For Beginners, Intermediates, & Experts
Setting geographic targets is day one. Whether it’s to exclude places you cannot sell or serve or to specifically target your primary customer base, the implementation of geo-targets is on the must-do list.
[New Webinar!] What You Need To Know About New AdWords Features
In this new live webinar, Hanapin Associate Director of Services Jeff Baum and Optmyzr’s CEO Frederick Vallaeys will walk you through the new AdWords tools and show how you can use them to optimize your accounts.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Social Strategies You Need To Know For App Promotion
Create social strategies to promote app awareness and leverage geographic and demographic data reported by these platforms to refine audiences.
Guide the Industry and Take the 2016 State of PPC Survey!
Each year, Hanapin Marketing manages extensive research into the State of PPC Report, which provides a statistical breakdown of the digital ad industry and guides expectations.
What's In A Name? Building Powerful Product Titles For Ecommerce
Over the years, we've tested a variety of different product title alterations in hopes of finding the perfect title. Did we? Yes, and no. The fact of the matter is, it depends.
What Upgraded Bing URLs Mean For You
Bing is continuing its effort to catch up with Adwords. Upgraded URLs, which isolate tracking parameters from final URLs, are now available to Bing advertisers.
Where Does Your Hero Conf Dollar (or Pound) Go?
5 Common Excel Issues And How To Fix
Excel, while a fabulous tool for PPC, is not without its occasional hang-ups. In this post, we’ll go through some common problems, and how to fix them.
[New Whitepaper!] Guide to Google AdWords: Advanced Edition
In this whitepaper, you will gain a greater understanding of the distinction between e-commerce and lead generation PPC strategies, learn the effective use of Remarketing, how to utilize advanced segmentation for improved targeting, cross-device attribution, and how to use automated rules in your accounts.
Google Announces Controversial Updates To The Keyword Planner Tool
Google updated the AdWords Community on the state of the Keyword Planner tool and the response from several advertisers was quite dramatic.
7 Overlooked Facebook Power Editor Features That Will Save You Time
I will be sharing often overlooked time-saving features for Facebook Power Editor so you can spend more energy on the tactics and strategy.
Ecommerce Secrets with Google, Bing, & Hanapin - New Webinar Panel!
This Thursday, August 18th at noon EST, we'll be hosting a webinar called "Supercharge Holiday Sales With These Must-Have PPC Tactics." Presenters include Carrie Albright, Jose Rodriguez, Purna Virji, and Matt Umbro.