Blog News Roundup for Friday, May 29, 2009
May 29, 2009
- Do you like to party hard on the holidays? If so you don’t want to miss this excuse for a party from the YSM Blog. Amongst some of the more well known holidays are a myriad of different celebrations that advertisers may use to focus their search campaigns. Personally, I’m looking forward to Ugly Dog Day at the end of June, but I don’t think I have a search campaign that can benefit from it!
- There’s a new search brand in town, Bing! I love that word. It’s so catchy. This new type of search engine or Decision Engine from Microsoft is one of a kind. Steve Ballmer announced the arrival of the new product yesterday at the All Things Digital conference.
- Sonia Simone analyzes how we all lost faith in our ability to make sound financial decisions (hint: it involves carnivals and sea monkeys). Find out how your customers’ lack of faith affects your ROI and how to counteract the doubt with trustworthy, credible content and site structure.
- Weird, but natural I guess- an analysis of how tweeting could compare to PPC . Brian Carter offers an interesting perspective on Twitter and its use in advertising -I haven’t seen it laid out this way before, maybe you haven’t either. Yet another way to think about the possibilities Twitter offers.
- There is nothing like a little myth busting! The folks over at the Post-Click Marketing Blog have created a great list of “best practices” for increasing landing page conversion rates that may not be “best” for you. Successful landing pages boil down to one fact: give users what they want.
- What is a better question in regards to PPC: “What” or “How”? If you ask Greg Meyers at SEM Geek he will tell you to focus son the “What?” So, what the heck does all of this mean? You’ll just have to find out for yourself.
- For almost all PPC campaigns, the debate will come up regarding bidding on branded keywords. If you think the argument can go both ways, read this post from Search Engine Journal. It is a strongly supported argument on the value of bidding on branded keywords.
Hanapin's PPC Resources Are Now Ungated!
You can now access Hanapin's whitepapers and toolkits without having to fill out a form!
View Ad Creative Through The Eyes Of Your Searchers
Learn to understand that ads do not live in the vacuum of an excel sheet and common practices should be tested.
[New Webinar!] 11 Red Flags To Watch Out For When Working With An Agency
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Leveraging Analytics For Remarketing: Picking The Ripest Fruit
Remarketing prevalence is well founded based on competitive returns in both volume and efficiency. With that said, this "low hanging fruit" world isn't always easy to pick.
How To Analyze Time-Of-Day Performance For Luxury Products
The importance of ad schedules varies across industries, services, and products. For e-commerce companies that sell luxury goods, ad schedules are more crucial.
One Week Left to Save 25% at Hero Conf London!
You still have time to join us for Hero Conf London, 24-26 October at etc.venues St Paul's at 25% off the conference price. But time is running out.
4 Common Questions Prospects Ask Me During The Sales Process
There’s always new, hot topics and questions we get asked by prospects to see what our company’s take is, and how we go about implementing from a services perspective. Read what our most common questions are.
Mobile Price Extensions Rolling Out In AdWords
It looks like "Christmas in July" has come to Google. Recently announced price extensions are designed to help mobile marketers qualify clicks and inform prospective consumers.
[New Whitepaper!] 4 Ways To Survive PPC Campaigns for the Healthcare Market...
This whitepaper will highlight four examples of how thinking at the corners can help boost your PPC performance in the healthcare industry.
Create Visually Appealing Reports With Google Data Studio
When we talk about what tasks tend to eat up a significant chunk of time, reporting is surely mentioned. You may want to explore another option - Google Data Studio.
Liveblogging 2016 DoubleClick Announcements
Today is the day we learn more about the latest DoubleClick updates. Follow along live as we share DoubleClick's announcements as well as our opinions.
The 2016 Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts
After a month of voting, rigorous research and data analysis, we are excited to announce the wildly anticipated list of the Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts for 2016.
[New Webinar with AdEspresso!] 4 Effective Strategies for Facebook Lead Gen...
In this new webinar, AdEspresso and Hanapin experts discuss four effective strategies to use Facebook Lead Gen Ads for your business.