Minimum Bid Prices Changing in Yahoo!
Today Yahoo Search Marketing announced that your minimum pay-per-click bids are going to be changing. Currently, the minimum bid is $0.10 (ten cents) across the board for every keyword. However, the announcement made today states that minimum bids will no longer be fixed but will vary. This change will affect only sponsored search keywords; the content network minimum bid will remain as is, at $0.10 (ten cents).
How will your new minimum bid be determined? There are a two main factors that will come into play:
- Your keyword’s relevancy and quality score.
- The number of advertisers bidding on the given keyword.
Advertisers will be notified before the minimum bids are changed in order to give them time to adjust accordingly. Keep in mind that your minimum bid may decrease or increase. How can you anticipate these changes and start getting ready for them right now? Here is a quick list:
- Improve your quality score. If you haven’t been tightening your keyword groups, writing highly targeted ad texts, and improving your click-through rate – now is the time to start!
- Keep an eye on the interface. Yahoo has stated that they will notify you of any impending changes through your account interface. Check your account frequently for any new messages or alerts.
- Download your account. As your minimum bids change so will your bidding strategy. Take a quick snapshot of your account before you begin adjusting your strategy. This way, you’ll have a record of where your bids were previously.
Browse By Category
Get Your Mobile PPC Ready For The Holiday Season
If you are in retail you know that competition to grab your potential customer exponentially increases during Q4.
When You Need To Have The Right Words Use Phrase Match
Learn how to optimize your phrase and modified broad match keywords to best-fit themes.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Top 6 Ways To Get The Most Out Of Mobile With Bing Ads
In this whitepaper, Hanapin Production Specialist Briann Saxman will discuss tactics to shape up mobile campaigns and tailor them for mobile audiences you are trying to reach.
Linking Up With LinkedIn: A Beginner's Guide
With 106 million monthly active users and just shy of 10% of Americans active during work hours, LinkedIn provides significant value for B2B marketing.
Using Business Data Feeds To Implement Marketing Psychology Principles in Y...
I am a big fan of utilizing marketing psychology principles into my ads to help implement user-focused strategies. Ad customizers make this tactic a lot easier.