6 Tips on Passing the Google Adwords Qualified Professional Exam
April 6, 2010
I recently had an opportunity to take the Google Advertising Fundamentals Exam, what fun! Overall it was a good experience, but here are a few tips that I wish I had known before taking it:
1) Read all of the materials in the learning center for the exam. Even if you’ve been working with Adwords for a while, this could still be useful for the random trivia they throw at you. Especially if there’s a new feature or if one might have been updated.
2) Watch all of the videos. Whether it was intentional or not, there are topics which are not covered in the readings but covered in the videos. You’ll definitely have a few gaps in your learning, if you skip the videos. Here is one that I thought was great at explaining quality score.
3) Best practices for ads are important. Review Google’s list for the exam.
4) Know what to expect when you click Begin Exam. Once I started the exam, my screen blacked out, so I only had the exam in front of me…. no googeling! If you plan on using notes, print them out.
5) 120 questions and 120 minutes. I nearly ran out of time, so bust out the questions you can. As with most certification exams, at least put down an answer and mark it to come back to, before you finish.
6) Experience counts. If you’ve been working with accounts for any amount of time the exam will be much easier for you. Some of the questions have you thinking through real life scenarios and choosing the best solutions. New account managers may find it a little more challenging.
Before taking the exam, I wasn’t quite clear on the adwords account access levels. Know the limits you can place on accounts! Also be fully aware that text, image and video ads are all covered equally. If you’re more familiar with one than the other be sure to read up. Best of luck!
Browse By Category
Seven insights hiding in Google’s new Christmas shopping research
In December 2017, Google released a set of statistics about the Christmas shopping season. Use these insights in AdWords to make this your best December ever.
Stop Using Google's First Page Estimates to Set Your Bids
Google's First Page Bid Estimates can't be trusted. Adjust your bid strategy based on average position and not using this metric.
Your Guide to Getting Organized for PPC Success
Organization is key to success in the PPC industry. Here is a guide to organizing your space, time, resources, and workload for efficient PPC management.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
A Reminder About Work-Life Balance
Proper Work-Life Balance Is Something Easily Forgotten. Here Is A Reminder That It's Okay To Have A Life Outside Of Work & Constantly Checking Performance.
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.