Campaign Management Updates In Bing
April 9, 2012
It seems lately like Microsoft adCenter is trying really hard to make improvements to its interface. This year alone it seems like they’ve had an update or two a month so far. We here at Hanapin Marketing really look forward to these changes, because generally they make our lives just a little bit easier with each update.
This past week Microsoft adCenter announced some new campaign management updates it’s made to it interface. Here is the breakdown of these new updates
Ad Delivery Status – New Filtering Options
- With the Ad Delivery Status update, you will now have more filtering options at the campaign, ad group, and keyword level of your account. Just like in AdWords where you get to filter the account based on performance, adCenter is also offering the same options. Except that in adCenter you can’t save your filter after you created it, so you have to recreate it every time you want to view that particular information.
- Some features that you get to filter by are: budget depletion, pending editorial review, negative keyword conflict and below first page bid.
- This is going to be very helpful when trying to identify various fluctuations in the account such as disapproved ads or under-performing keywords.
- The aim of these new updates to the reporting section of adCenter is to help those managing their accounts to better understand their impression share volume.
- Currently, impression share data is available in campaign and ad group level reporting. With this update the following columns will be added to those reports: impression share lost due to Bid, impression share lost due to Keyword Relevance, and impression share lost due to Landing Page Relevance.
- These new updates will allow us to make better decisions based on our findings in this report.
- There is now a “Negative” tab in the edit pane of the adCenter Desktop Tool which will make keyword edits a lot easier and faster.
- With the new Multiple Changes options you can add or remove negative keywords in bulk.
- You can now bulk edit negative keywords across various campaigns and ad groups by copy and paste.
To view a full list of these new updates, view the adCenter blog post here.
With every change, it seems like adCenter is getting that much close to it’s competitor, AdWords. But how long of a journey do you think adCenter has before it until it can be considered as user friendly as AdWord? Share your thoughts!
Browse By Category
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.
Smart Ways to Get More Marketing Budget and Better Tools
In this new live webinar, Kristin Vick from Hanapin Marketing and Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics discuss how marketers can ensure they have the budget they need to be effective with online advertising and get the right tools to make that argument.
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!
A 180 of Google Analytics 360
The enterprise version of Google Analytics offers several paid search perks including, advanced data integrity, integrations and reporting.