Today on Inside AdWords, Google introduced “My Business”. My Business offers a new, free way for businesses to connect with their customers. All sorts of companies can reach their customers through Google by utilizing this new program.
Features on “My Business”:
- Business Updates: you can keep your customers and potential customers updated on the business by updating your business information on Search, Maps and Google+ all in one place.
- Imagery: My Business allows you to add photos of your business for your potential customers to see online. One of the coolest imagery features that it offers is it allows you to create a virtual tour of the interior of your business for your customers to see online.
- Connections: You can instantly connect with customers or fans by sharing news and events from your Google+ page.
- Reviews: You can stay on top of reviews on your business from across the web, and you can respond to Google reviews.
- Understanding Interactions: You can utilize AdWords Express in order to see how your customers or potential customers are interacting with your business.
- On-the-Go Management: My Business will soon be offering an Android App and iOS App so you can manage your My Business account any time and anywhere.
What is the Difference between “My Business” and “Google+”?
While My Business utilizes a lot of the features of Google+, it is a completely different tool. My Business appears to be a tool for companies to view all of the Google platforms together and make changes in these platforms with one program. Google+ is for businesses and individuals all the same, and is used as Google’s own Social Media platform. With “My Business” companies can analyze where their customers are coming from, look into how they are doing on customer reviews, and update their company information all in one location.
My Business takes all the features Google has to help businesses connect with their audience, and puts them into one place. Do you think My Business will help your company reach your audience? Comment below to share your feelings on this new Google feature.