Google Introduces "My Business"
June 11, 2014
Today on Inside AdWords, Google introduced “My Business”. My Business offers a new, free way for businesses to connect with their customers. All sorts of companies can reach their customers through Google by utilizing this new program.
Features on “My Business”:
- Business Updates: you can keep your customers and potential customers updated on the business by updating your business information on Search, Maps and Google+ all in one place.
- Imagery: My Business allows you to add photos of your business for your potential customers to see online. One of the coolest imagery features that it offers is it allows you to create a virtual tour of the interior of your business for your customers to see online.
- Connections: You can instantly connect with customers or fans by sharing news and events from your Google+ page.
- Reviews: You can stay on top of reviews on your business from across the web, and you can respond to Google reviews.
- Understanding Interactions: You can utilize AdWords Express in order to see how your customers or potential customers are interacting with your business.
- On-the-Go Management: My Business will soon be offering an Android App and iOS App so you can manage your My Business account any time and anywhere.
What is the Difference between “My Business” and “Google+”?
While My Business utilizes a lot of the features of Google+, it is a completely different tool. My Business appears to be a tool for companies to view all of the Google platforms together and make changes in these platforms with one program. Google+ is for businesses and individuals all the same, and is used as Google’s own Social Media platform. With “My Business” companies can analyze where their customers are coming from, look into how they are doing on customer reviews, and update their company information all in one location.
My Business takes all the features Google has to help businesses connect with their audience, and puts them into one place. Do you think My Business will help your company reach your audience? Comment below to share your feelings on this new Google feature.
Browse By Category
A Buyer Persona Based Approach to Mapping Your Customer Journey
Explore how a persona-based approach is used to enhance customer experience, improve targeting accuracy, and harness behavioral analytics to their business objectives.
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.