Google Launches AdWords Editor Version 10.5
July 7, 2014
The AdWords Editor is a tool that all Paid Search advertisers are familiar with. The editor allows users to:
- Work on an account offline
- Easily make bulk changes in an account
- Export and import files in order to make account changes
- Copy or move items from ad group to ad group (or campaign to campaign)
- And much more
The Editor is probably the most utilized tool available to Google advertisers. The latest version of the tool has come out, and there have been some key changes made to the editor. These changes include:
- Shopping Campaign Management is now available in the Editor. Users cannot create new Shopping Campaigns or Ad Groups through the editor, but they can now view and update the settings for these campaigns.
- Product Group Management. Within the Shopping Campaigns, users can now edit/make changes to product groups. The product groups are available under targeting for shopping campaigns. Again, Version 10.5 does not give the user capabilities to add, delete, or pause product groups in the editor, but you can make bulk changes to the groups.
- Deleted Ads are No Longer Downloaded into the Editor. This will help keep the editor clean.
- Conservative vs Aggressive Targeting Options for the Display Network is now available in AdWords Editor. The targeting optimization settings for the Display network are now available to manage in the Editor.
- In-Market Audiences are now available in the Audiences section of the Editor. This feature allows advertisers to reach people interested in similar products or services that they are offering. This has been available to advertisers, but now can be implemented through the Editor.
The new updates in AdWords Editor should make life easier for advertisers who utilize shopping campaigns. It also will help implementing targeting methods, and it will be a bit more organized with the deleted ads kept out of the Editor.
(featured image by Nic McPhee/Flickr)
Browse By Category
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.