Hanapin Marketing is currently seeking several Account Managers to join our team, with and without PPC experience, who want to work with some of the best companies nationwide. While PPC experience is preferred, it’s not required, as we have a comprehensive and intensive 12-week training program to get you up to speed on everything we do. Spend your days where your talents and intelligence are appreciated and make a difference!
Applications are due by 5pm EST Thursday, February 9, so get started on that cover letter!
The ideal candidate…
- loves the Internet;
- obsessively makes to do lists;
- possesses a “whatever it takes” attitude;
- feels comfortable talking to a CEO or Joe the plumber; and
- eager and willing to tackle new experiences and situations.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Account Management – work independently and with a team of other Account Executives on 5-10 PPC clients. Some are short-term consulting arrangements, while a vast majority are long-term engagements. You’ll be developing and optimizing client accounts to meet their established goals. Responsible for communicating with clients via email, phone and/or in-person, as well as completing and sending regular performance reports.
- Goal Setting and Tracking – work with clients to establish goals and to implement tracking for those goals, which will vary greatly in nature: rankings, traffic, leads, sales and/or revenue.
- Research, Analysis and Problem Solving – website audits, competitive research, keyword research, analysis of web analytics and much more. Research and implement best practice strategies for PPC and implement the best tactics to help our clients achieve their goals.
- Blogging – nearly 40,000 people read Hanapin’s blogs each month. After 6-12 months, become a muse at Hanapin and write for PPC Hero, our blog that covers the PPC industry.
- Marketing and Publicity – all Hanapin employees help grow the company through writing blog articles, making content updates to our corporate website, writing client proposals, speaking at conferences and seminars, networking, referring new clients, etc.
TRAITS, CHARACTERISTICS, AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work on-site at our Bloomington office
- Eagerly willing to tackle unfamiliar problems and research “best practice” solutions
- Innate sense of urgency to complete projects quickly yet thoroughly
- Ability to prioritize tasks and focus on the vital few instead of the trivial many
- Keen critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to “think on your feet”
- Can easily toggle between working independently and with others
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours as needed or required by client projects
- A four-year degree in marketing, advertising, finance, or related areas
- One or more years of experience in PPC, or
- Two or more years of general marketing experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive annual salary, paid every two weeks via direct deposit
- Paid time off for vacation, personal days, sick time and holidays
- Casual dress
- 100+ hours of initial and on-going training annually
- Self-scheduled working hours after six months of employment (eight hours from 7 am to 7 pm)
- Summer hours (Friday office hours are reduced to six in lieu of the normal eight)
- Performance reviews at 30/60/90/180 days and annually thereafter with the opportunity for raises every 12 months
- Simple IRA and company match
- Health, life, vision and dental insurance
- Paid parking pass
- Use of company-owned laptop (MacBook Pro) plus a second monitor
- Fringe benefits such as tuition reimbursement and adoption assistance
- No bureaucracy – direct and regular contact with our leadership team
- Recently renovated office space within walking distance of downtown Bloomington
HOW TO APPLY
1. Send an email to email@example.com
2. As the body of your email, include
- A short but sweet bio/intro
- A blog (personal or work related) you read regularly and why
- Why this particular position and why Hanapin interests you
- Where you learned about the job opening
- If you’ve applied for a position here more than three months ago, please denote that and also include two examples of areas you’ve improved in or skills you’ve acquired — since the last time you applied — that would make you more valuable to our organization.
3. Attach your resume as a PDF.
4. Apply no later than 5 pm (EST) on Thursday, February 9, 2012. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
HOW THE APPLICATION PROCESS WORKS
1. Due to the number of anticipated applications, we cannot respond to everyone. If we invite you to the first round, however, we’ll do so you within one business day of your submission.
2. If you are selected for the first round, and for all subsequent rounds, you’ll be notified via email if you do or don’t move on.
3. There are four rounds to our interview process:
- written questions/answers via email
- a telephone interview with two team members
- a reception and information session
- a face-to-face interview with two more team members
4. While we will accept applications until 5 pm (EDT) on Thursday, February 9, 2012, we’ll begin the first round as soon as we begin receiving applications.
Hanapin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.