Hanapin is Hiring! Looking for Account Executives!
August 22, 2011
Hang out with people who understand the web, work with some of the best companies nationwide, and spend your days where your talents and intelligence are appreciated and make a difference! Hanapin Marketing is now hiring, and we’re looking for talented people who love search engine marketing. Applications are due by 5 pm (EDT) on Thursday, September 1, 2011 so get started on that cover letter!
Hanapin Marketing is a paid search agency based in Bloomington, Indiana. Founded in 2004, their focus is on helping enterprise-level clients eliminate untargeted traffic while increasing conversions with no increase in budget. Everyone on their team is certified in Google AdWords and Microsoft adCenter, and they’re one of 200 agencies globally that has a team of dedicated Google AdWords representatives. They publish PPC Hero, the industry’s foremost blog on pay per click advertising. Hanapin has worked with more than 150 clients, including several Inc 5000 winners and Fortune 500 companies. The company carries zero debt, is profitable, and has generated double-digit annual growth since its inception. Hanapin has a talented staff of 16 employees with plans to add 10 positions by the end of the year.
Account Executive – Bloomington, IN
We are currently seeking several Account Executives to join our team, with and without PPC experience, who want to work with some of the best companies nationwide. While PPC experience is preferred, it’s not required, as we have a comprehensive and intensive 12-week training program to get you up to speed on everything we do. Spend your days where your talents and intelligence are appreciated and make a difference!
The ideal candidate…
- loves the Internet;
- obsessively makes to do lists;
- possesses a “whatever it takes” attitude;
- feels comfortable talking to a CEO or Joe the plumber; and
- eager and willing to tackle new experiences and situations.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Account Management – work independently and with a team of other Account Executives on 5-10 PPC clients. Some are short-term consulting arrangements, while a vast majority are long-term engagements. You’ll be developing and optimizing client accounts to meet their established goals. Responsible for communicating with clients via email, phone and/or in-person, as well as completing and sending regular performance reports.
- Goal Setting and Tracking – work with clients to establish goals and to implement tracking for those goals, which will vary greatly in nature: rankings, traffic, leads, sales and/or revenue.
- Research, Analysis and Problem Solving – website audits, competitive research, keyword research, analysis of web analytics and much more. Research and implement best practice strategies for PPC and implement the best tactics to help our clients achieve their goals.
- Blogging – nearly 40,000 people read Hanapin’s blogs each month. After 6-12 months, become a muse at Hanapin and write for PPC Hero, our blog that covers the PPC industry.
- Marketing and Publicity – all Hanapin employees help grow the company through writing blog articles, making content updates to our corporate website, writing client proposals, speaking at conferences and seminars, networking, referring new clients, etc.
- Ability to work on-site at our Bloomington office
- Eagerly willing to tackle unfamiliar problems and research “best practice” solutions
- Innate sense of urgency to complete projects quickly yet thoroughly
- Ability to prioritize tasks and focus on the vital few instead of the trivial many
- Keen critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to “think on your feet”
- Can easily toggle between working independently and with others
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours as needed or required by client projects
- A four-year degree in marketing, advertising, finance, or related areas
- One or more years of experience in PPC, or
- Two or more years of general marketing experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive annual salary, paid every two weeks via direct deposit
- Paid time off for vacation, personal days, sick time and holidays
- Casual dress
- 100+ hours of initial and on-going training annually
- Self-scheduled working hours after six months of employment (eight hours from 7 am to 7 pm)
- Summer hours (Friday office hours are reduced to six in lieu of the normal eight)
- Performance reviews at 30/60/90/180 days and annually thereafter with the opportunity for raises every 12 months
- Simple IRA and company match
- Health, life, vision and dental insurance
- Paid parking pass
- Use of company-owned laptop (MacBook Pro) plus a second monitor
- Fringe benefits such as tuition reimbursement and adoption assistance
- No bureaucracy – direct and regular contact with our leadership team
- Recently renovated office space within walking distance of downtown Bloomington
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit http://www.hanapinmarketing.com/careers_open_positions_ae.aspx and follow the application instructions.
HOW THE APPLICATION PROCESS WORKS
- Due to the number of anticipated applications, we cannot respond to everyone. If we invite you to the first round, however, we’ll do so you within one business day of your submission.
- If you are selected for the first round, and for all subsequent rounds, you’ll be notified via email if you do or don’t move on.
- There are four rounds to our interview process:
- written questions/answers via email
- a telephone interview with two team members
- a reception and information session
- a face-to-face interview with two more team members
- While we will accept applications until 5 pm (EDT) on Thursday, September 1, 2011, we’ll begin the first round as soon as we begin receiving applications.
Hanapin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Browse By Category
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.
Smart Ways to Get More Marketing Budget and Better Tools
In this new live webinar, Kristin Vick from Hanapin Marketing and Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics discuss how marketers can ensure they have the budget they need to be effective with online advertising and get the right tools to make that argument.
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!
A 180 of Google Analytics 360
The enterprise version of Google Analytics offers several paid search perks including, advanced data integrity, integrations and reporting.