Hanapin is Hiring! - Looking for Search Marketing Specialists
March 11, 2010
Hang out with people who understand blogging and Twitter, work with some of the best companies nationwide, and spend your days where your talents and intelligence are appreciated! Hanapin Marketing is now hiring and we’re looking for talented folks who love search engine marketing. Applications are due Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 8 pm – so get started on that cover letter!
The ideal candidate…
- loves the Internet;
- obsessively makes to do lists;
- possesses a “whatever it takes” attitude;
- feels comfortable talking to a CEO or Joe the plumber; and
- is eager and willing to tackle new experiences and situations.
Hanapin is an award-winning and fast-growing Internet marketing company, located in Bloomington, Indiana – we’re also the folks that bring you PPC Hero & SEO Boy. We have an open position for a Search Marketing Specialist, who will work with clients on both search engine optimization and pay per click advertising. We have a comprehensive and intensive 12-week training program to get you up to speed on how we manage search marketing and meet the needs of our clients.
- Account Management – You’ll work with 5-10 clients on SEO and/or PPC. Some are short-term consulting arrangements, while a vast majority are long-term engagements. You’ll be responsible for communicating with clients via email, phone, and/or in-person.
- Tracking and Goal Setting – You’ll work with your clients to establish goals and to implement tracking for those goals, which can vary greatly in nature: rankings, traffic, leads, sales, and/or revenue.
- Research, Analysis, and Problem Solving – You’ll get your hands dirty with website audits, competitive research, keyword research, analysis of web analytics, and much more. Additionally, you’ll research best practice strategies for both SEO and PPC and implement the best tactics to help your clients achieve their goals.
- Blogging – 25,000 people each month read Hanapin’s blogs. After 6-12 months, you’ll write for both SEO Boy (www.seoboy.com) and PPC Hero (www.ppchero.com), our blogs that cover the search engine marketing industry.
- Marketing and Publicity – All Hanapin employees help grow the company through writing articles for the blogs, making content updates to our corporate website, writing proposals, speaking at conferences and seminars, networking and referring new clients, et. al.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work on site at our Bloomington offices
- Ability to put in extra time at nights and on weekends
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in any of these fields:
- SEO and/or PPC, either in-house or at an agency;
- As an account manager at a traditional advertising agency;
- As an in-house marketing manager;
- Or any web-related field (examples include, but aren’t limited to, blogging, email marketing, social media, web analytics, and web development)
- Eagerly willing to tackle unfamiliar problems and research “best practice” solutions
- Innate sense of urgency to complete projects quickly yet thoroughly
- Ability to prioritize tasks and focus on the vital few instead of the trivial many
- Keen critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to “think on your feet”
- Can easily toggle between working independently and with others
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive annual salary, paid every two weeks via direct deposit
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
- Summer hours (office closes at 3 pm on Fridays during June, July, and August)
- Simple IRA
- Health, life, vision, and dental insurance
- Additional benefits such as tuition reimbursement and adoption assistance
- Use of company laptop plus a second monitor
- Casual dress
- 1 on 1 review with the President and CEO at 30/60/90/180 days and annually thereafter
- Opportunity for raises every 12 months
HOW TO APPLY
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- As the body of your email, include a cover letter, which includes:
- A short but sweet bio/intro;
- A blog (personal or work related) you read regularly and why;
- Why this job position and why Hanapin interests you;
- Where you learned about the job opening;
- If you’ve applied for a position here more than three months ago, please denote that and also include two examples of areas you’ve improved in or skills you’ve acquired — since the last time you applied — that would make you more valuable to our organization.
- Attach your resume as a PDF.
- Apply no later than 8 pm (EST) on Sunday, March 21, 2010. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
HOW THE APPLICATION PROCESS WORKS
- Within 24-48 hours of submitting your application, we’ll notify you if you’ve made it to the first round.
- Due to the number of anticipated applications, we cannot respond to everyone who applies.
- If you are selected for the first round, for all subsequent rounds, you’ll be notified via email if you do or don’t move on.
- There are four rounds to our interview process: written questions/answers via email, a telephone interview with two team members, a reception and information session, and a one-on-one interview with the President and CEO.
- While we will accept applications until 8 pm (EST) on Sunday, March 21, 2010, we’ll begin the first round as soon as we begin receiving applications.
FIVE REASONS TO WORK FOR HANAPIN MARKETING
- Culture. You want to work for a firm that has a friendly, results-oriented culture. Our people are intelligent, dynamic, and fun. We support one another, and we are invested in the success of our staff and clients. We are receptive to new ideas, and we encourage and value input from our staff.
- Knowledge. You want to work for a company that emphasizes training and on-going learning within the SEM field. We invest significant time and resources into training our staff and promoting their professional development. Our CEO is an adjunct professor at Indiana University, teaching one of the nation’s few courses on search engine marketing. Our employees routinely speak at Internet marketing conferences, such as Get Your MBO and Blog Indiana. Additionally, more than 25,000 people each month read our blogs on SEO and PPC to gain insight into SEM.
- Trust. You want to work for a firm that is trusted by successful companies to meet their SEM needs. Hanapin boasts over 80 clients nationally. Our clients include three Inc 500 winners, two Fortune 500 companies, and significant brands such as Author Solutions, Cook Medical, and French Lick Resort and Casino. Some of our clients have even started new divisions because they knew we could support their search marketing efforts.
- Growth. You want to work for a financially stable company that’s growing quickly, but intelligently. Hanapin was founded six years ago, has been profitable since our inception, carries zero debt, and has grown revenues no less than 50% each year.
- Leadership. You want to work for a company that is a respected authority in SEM. Business experts have recognized Hanapin’s leadership. We won the 2007 Fuse award for Innovative Business of the Year, sponsored by the Small Business Development Center and inVenture. We were also a finalist for the 2008 BKD Indiana Excellence Awards, one of only five companies in the service category. In 2009, we were one of nineteen companies chosen by the Indiana Economic Development Corporation and SBDC for their first economic entrepreneurship award.
Browse By Category
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.
Competitive Device Trends: An In-Depth Analysis
Explore how to pull a templated report that includes both device analysis and auction insights competitor data as well as recommendations!
AdWords Interface Updating By End of 2018
By the end of 2018, the old AdWords interface will be replaced by the new AdWords Experience permanently. The exact date of the transition is up for debate but it is expected to come as early as October, if not earlier in the year.