Hanapin Marketing is Looking for a Senior Project Manager - Web Development
March 17, 2008
Don’t be lured by the bright lights of the big city! Come work for an award-winning Internet Marketing and Web Development firm, right here in Bloomington. Hang out with people who know what Twitter is, stay on the cutting edge by working with some of the best companies in Indiana, and work for a company where your talents are appreciated.
Hanapin Marketing is looking for a Senior Project Manager for our Web Development division. If you can answer yes to the following five questions, we want to hear from you!
1. Is your love for all things Internet exceeded only by your desire to tell others about them?
2. Are you a huge fan of The Office, have all three seasons on DVD, and can’t wait until April 10th?
3. Do you wonder why people think Craigslist needs to be redesigned?
4. Do you love challenges and learning and growing on a daily basis?
5. Have you read “Don’t Make Me Think” so many times you had to buy a new copy?
If you answered yes to those questions, you may be a good fit for us. Read onâ€¦
– Ability to work at least 40 hours on site at our Bloomington offices
– Ability to put in extra time at nights and on weekends as necessary (avg 45-50/week)
– Can work both independently with little direct supervision and within a team setting
– Get along with the other 6 Hanapin team members
– Eagerly willing to tackle unfamiliar problems and research “best practice” solutions
– Minimum of two years experience managing web development projects (i.e. you manage the project, not code the website)
– Experience in gathering requirements, scoping projects via site maps and wire frames, conducting testing, and managing deployment
– Strong understanding of information architecture and how it informs design
– Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to “think on your feet” with clients
– Ability to develop strong client relationships with a commitment to client satisfaction
– Ability to manage multiple projects with grace under pressure
– Familiarity with keyword research and search engine optimization
You don’t have to meet these, but if you do, we love you already.
– Thorough knowledge of Internet Marketing and recent trends in Web Design and Development
– Familiarity of multiple analytics packages such as Google Analytics or Omniture
– You have a blog!
– Experience using project management software (e.g MS Project or Basecamp) and drawing tools (Visio, Open Office Draw, or Adobe Illustrator)
– Direct experience with copywriting or programming (PHP or .NET)
Compensation and Benefits:
– Competitive annual salary, paid every two weeks via direct deposit
– Paid time off for holidays
– Two weeks paid vacation annually
– Matching Simple IRA up to 3%
– Fully-funded health and life insurance
– Use of company laptop
– Casual dress
– 1 on 1 review with the President at months 6 and 12 and annually thereafter
– Opportunity for raises every 12 months
Five Reasons to Work for Hanapin Marketing:
1. You want to work for a firm whose clients trust them implicitly: The average tenure of our clients is nearly 2 years, while 1 out of every 3 has been with us for 3+ years.
2. You want to work for a firm that makes a difference: Hanapin won the 2007 Fuse award for Innovative Business of the Year. Sponsored by the Small Business Development Center and inVenture, it’s awarded to a high-growth Bloomington company who has changed the lives of its clients.
3. You want to work for a firm with proven online experience: We helped increased revenues at AuthorHouse 233% over just 4 years. Clients have started new divisions because they knew we could support their marketing efforts. We’ve taken a firm from $0 to $1.5M in online revenue. We know how to grow businesses using the Internet.
4. You want to work for a firm with a holistic and strategic approach to the web search engine marketing: We offer concierge services that take clients from cradle to grave, from keyword selection to linking strategies to content development. We understand how these pieces fit together and how to maximize them online.
5. You want to work for a firm that’s a leader in Indiana: Our employees come from proven Indiana companies such as AuthorHouse, Finelight, and The Finish Line. We manage internetworking, a monthly networking and Internet Marketing education meeting, and our President is an adjunct professor at IU, teaching one of the nation’s few courses on search engine marketing.
How to Apply:
1. Create an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Write a short but sweet bio/intro. Here’s your chance to shine and show us you can write well!
3. Include your salary requirements.
4. Attach your resume as a PDF. Please, no Word docs or anything other than a PDF.
5. Please see #3 and #4!
6. Please send this email no later than March 31, 2008.
Hat tip to SEOmoz for their wonderful job description format!
Keywords for this position: interactive account executive, interactive art director, interactive creative director, interactive manager, search engine optimization, seo, web art director, and web creative director, web design account executive, web design director, web design manager
Browse By Category
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.