Minimum Bid Prices Changing in Yahoo!
February 27, 2008
Today Yahoo Search Marketing announced that your minimum pay-per-click bids are going to be changing. Currently, the minimum bid is $0.10 (ten cents) across the board for every keyword. However, the announcement made today states that minimum bids will no longer be fixed but will vary. This change will affect only sponsored search keywords; the content network minimum bid will remain as is, at $0.10 (ten cents).
How will your new minimum bid be determined? There are a two main factors that will come into play:
- Your keyword’s relevancy and quality score.
- The number of advertisers bidding on the given keyword.
Advertisers will be notified before the minimum bids are changed in order to give them time to adjust accordingly. Keep in mind that your minimum bid may decrease or increase. How can you anticipate these changes and start getting ready for them right now? Here is a quick list:
- Improve your quality score. If you haven’t been tightening your keyword groups, writing highly targeted ad texts, and improving your click-through rate – now is the time to start!
- Keep an eye on the interface. Yahoo has stated that they will notify you of any impending changes through your account interface. Check your account frequently for any new messages or alerts.
- Download your account. As your minimum bids change so will your bidding strategy. Take a quick snapshot of your account before you begin adjusting your strategy. This way, you’ll have a record of where your bids were previously.
Browse By Category
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.