Morning Clicks: Google's Latest Releases and More
October 22, 2014
Morning Clicks is your mid-week roundup of digital advertising news and notes. We’re your one-stop shop for the most relevant and important news in the PPC world. Grab your cup of joe and come see us every Wednesday morning.
- What’s the latest with Google? The sixth penguin update was released for Google and is expected to effect 1% of queries. [Search Engine Land]
- Google also updated their tag manager for Analytics. Find out what is new! [Google Analytics Blog]
- What does the future hold for call extensions? Greg Young took a dive into what the “local number call forwarding” announcement by Google means for the future. [Avalaunch Media]
- In other news on Google’s eCPC [Tweet via Amanda West-Bookwalter]
- In other advertising news, Tom Goodwin explained “what the TV Landscape Will Look Like Once it All Goes Digital”. [Ad Age]
- Speaking of Video Advertising, is Europe’s Online Video Market Growing? [eMarketer]
What about Bing?
- Bing has improved their interface completely over the past few months, and there is still more to come! What has all been improved? [Search Engine Watch]
The Latest From PPC Hero:
- Sarah Stemen went over strategies for the Financial Services industry in Paid Search.
- Rachael Law wrote on the best practices for advertising in the Software and Technology space in PPC.
- Matt Umbro went into how to run effective PPC campaigns in the Legal industry.
Keep up on PPC Hero as more industries are to come for this week’s series, going through best practices industry by industry.
Browse By Category
A Buyer Persona Based Approach to Mapping Your Customer Journey
Explore how a persona-based approach is used to enhance customer experience, improve targeting accuracy, and harness behavioral analytics to their business objectives.
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.