Our Greatest Hits for September 2009
October 6, 2009
The page views have spoken! Below we have gathered PPC Hero’s four most visited, and hopefully most valuable, articles from September. Whether you’re a new or long-time subscriber you may have missed these insightful and helpful pay-per-click management tips. Enjoy!
- Amber’s post titled, 5 Tips on Passing the Google Adwords Qualified Professional Exam was our top post in September. She discusses utilizing the learning center, knowing Google Adwords ad text policies, using real world scenarios, knowing how to calculate ROI, and just knowing where things are located in the Adwords interface.
- Joe came in second with his post on the 5 “Hidden” Things that May Be Hurting Your PPC Account. He mentioned that neglected ad text split tests, hidden under performing keywords, irrelevant search queries, and poor converting sites on the content network as things to look out for.
- In third place was Carrie’s post on the 4 Pitfalls of Dynamic Keyword Insertion (DKI). The pitfalls discussed were entering the DKI code incorrectly, misspellings in ad text, using DKI for broad match keywords, and the creation of generic ads.
- The number four spot goes to Amber with her post about adding testimonials to your PPC ads and how it can help increase click-through rates. She gives tips for your ad display settings, tips for testing different messaging and more!
- The final Greatest Hit for September was Carrie’s post titled Praise and Caution for the AdWords Opportunities Tab. This new feature is designed to help advertisers find more cost-effective traffic in their pay-per-click accounts. Carrie felt that, overall, it was pretty effective, but she does go into detail about some things you should be cautious of when using it.
Browse By Category
A Buyer Persona Based Approach to Mapping Your Customer Journey
Explore how a persona-based approach is used to enhance customer experience, improve targeting accuracy, and harness behavioral analytics to their business objectives.
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.