Our Greatest Hits for September 2009
The page views have spoken! Below we have gathered PPC Hero’s four most visited, and hopefully most valuable, articles from September. Whether you’re a new or long-time subscriber you may have missed these insightful and helpful pay-per-click management tips. Enjoy!
- Amber’s post titled, 5 Tips on Passing the Google Adwords Qualified Professional Exam was our top post in September. She discusses utilizing the learning center, knowing Google Adwords ad text policies, using real world scenarios, knowing how to calculate ROI, and just knowing where things are located in the Adwords interface.
- Joe came in second with his post on the 5 “Hidden” Things that May Be Hurting Your PPC Account. He mentioned that neglected ad text split tests, hidden under performing keywords, irrelevant search queries, and poor converting sites on the content network as things to look out for.
- In third place was Carrie’s post on the 4 Pitfalls of Dynamic Keyword Insertion (DKI). The pitfalls discussed were entering the DKI code incorrectly, misspellings in ad text, using DKI for broad match keywords, and the creation of generic ads.
- The number four spot goes to Amber with her post about adding testimonials to your PPC ads and how it can help increase click-through rates. She gives tips for your ad display settings, tips for testing different messaging and more!
- The final Greatest Hit for September was Carrie’s post titled Praise and Caution for the AdWords Opportunities Tab. This new feature is designed to help advertisers find more cost-effective traffic in their pay-per-click accounts. Carrie felt that, overall, it was pretty effective, but she does go into detail about some things you should be cautious of when using it.
Browse By Category
Seven insights hiding in Google’s new Christmas shopping research
In December 2017, Google released a set of statistics about the Christmas shopping season. Use these insights in AdWords to make this your best December ever.
Stop Using Google's First Page Estimates to Set Your Bids
Google's First Page Bid Estimates can't be trusted. Adjust your bid strategy based on average position and not using this metric.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Your Guide to Getting Organized for PPC Success
Organization is key to success in the PPC industry. Here is a guide to organizing your space, time, resources, and workload for efficient PPC management.
A Reminder About Work-Life Balance
Proper Work-Life Balance Is Something Easily Forgotten. Here Is A Reminder That It's Okay To Have A Life Outside Of Work & Constantly Checking Performance.