PPC Hero Blog Series
We often explore complex search marketing issues with in-depth analysis & research. To really give a topic the attention that it requires, we will write an entire series of articles that focus on one hot PPC topic. This is where our blog series come in! We craft each blog series so that it is truly an authoritative document on the topic at hand.
The Dynamic Series (September 2013)
- The Ultimate How-To Guide for Bing Parameters
- Creating Dynamic Ads with Scripts
- Does DKI Really Work? [Case Study]
- How Dynamic Search Ads Can Fill The Gaps In Your Account
- Case Study: 78% Lower CPAs With Dynamic Remarketing
Making the Most of Google Analytics with PPC (August 2013)
- 5 Google Analytics Reports You Need to Succeed in PPC
- Create a Content Experiment in 4 Easy Steps
- 3 Events You Must Start Tracking In Analytics
- Get the Data You Need – Custom Reports in Google Analytics
- How the Visitors Flow Report in Analytics Will Make Your Account Better
PPC Hero’s Time Saving Tips (July 2013)
- Build Out Your Account With 3 Time-Saving Tips
- Quality Score: The Quick & Dirty Trick That Can Save You Time & Money
- Save Time With The Ten Minute PPC Audit
- This 15 Minute Excel Macro Provides Granular Search Term Data
- The One Hour Placement Report
A Deep Dive Into Comparison Shopping Engines (CSEs)
- A deep dive into comparison-shopping engines & strategies
- The top 10 CSEs
- The Do’s & Don’t’s of Three Popular CSEs
- How to Optimize CSEs
- 5 Easy Mistakes to Avoid
How We’ve Changed Our Mind About PPC Lately (June 2013)
- 25 Ways PPC Has Changed In The Past Year
- Refresh Your Ad Testing With 4 New Analyses
- Making Conversion Rate Optimization Work for You & Your Client
- Revisiting Display Targeting One Year Later
- Three Ways to Account for Mobile Traffic in a Post-Enhanced World
Growing Your Account the Smart Way (May 2013)
- 4 Keyword Research Tips To Grow Your Account
- Using the Ever-Mysterious Beta to Grow Your Account
- Growing Your PPC Account Budget the Smart Way
- 3 Ways To Grow Your Display Efforts
- Grow Your Account With YouTube Advertising
Spring Cleaning (April 2013)
- Know When It’s Time to Delete Your Paused Keywords
- How To Tidy Up Your Negative Keywords
- Spring Clean Your Display Campaigns
- Spr’Bing Cleaning: 7 Simple Steps For Your Bing Accounts
- Ad Copy Clean Up – What to Get Rid of & What to Keep
Advanced Back to Basics (March 2013)
- It Might Be Time To Revisit Your Account’s Structure
- Writing Successful PPC Ad Copy – Building from Account Structure & Beyond
- Bid Management: From Basic To Advanced
- Going Beyond the Basics with PPC Keyword Research
- Get Descriptive With Your Keyword Match Types
Starting PPC For eCommerce Sites: A Beginner’s Handbook
Responding to the Big Changes in PPC (February 2013)
- Google Says “Do Mobile or the Kitten Gets It”
- Facebook’s New Conversion Tracking is Pretty Great
- A detailed look at Google’s new Enhanced Sitelinks
- Enhanced Campaign Silver Linings: Geo Targeting
- Fact Checking Google: Tablet and Computers Are Not the Same!
- Enhanced Campaigns – It Isn’t All Bad, But We Have Some Thoughts
New Testing for the New Year (January 2013)
- I Dare You to Try Out the DCO
- Ad Testing for 2013 – Plan Now for MONTHS!
- Are You Getting The Most Out Of Your Landing Pages?
- Testing New Keywords Without The Anxiety
- 11 Important Questions You Must Ask Yourself About Your Google Display Campaigns
The Biggest Thing in My PPC Year (December 2012)
- The 10 Reports that Made Me Fall in Love with Pivot Tables
- How Ad Rotation Settings (Almost) Ruined My Year
- Agency or In-House? Choosing The Right PPC Path For You
- Lessons Learned From AdWords Flexible Reach
- Product Listing Ads: My Favorite Thing About 2012
- Lessons Learned in 2012: Three Tips to Understand Your Account
Holiday PPC (November 2012)
- Benchmarking PPC in your Industry for the Holiday Season
- How To Optimize Product Listing Ads For The Holidays
- Lead Generation’s Sad Holiday Season Won’t Last Forever
- Stocking Stuffer Keyword Ideas
- Holiday Ad Copy & How to Schedule Holiday Ad Tests
Numbers You Can’t Trust in PPC (October 2012)
- Why AdWords and Analytics Don’t Match
- Google Display and Placement Fraud – Is Your Money Being Wasted?
- Misleading PPC Competition Metrics: A Case Study
- Who Are The Others? Google’s Frustrating Search Term Report
- Stop Using Google’s First Page Estimates to Set Your Bids
Excel Strategies and Tips (September 2012)
- How to Use Excel to Estimate New PPC Account Performance
- Using Excel to Get the Best Budgets for Your Campaigns
- 3 Time-Saving Techniques For PPC Managers Using Excel Filters
- 5 Excel Time Savers For PPC Ad Writing
- Analyze Your Account in Minutes With Excel
Conversion Rate Optimization and Landing Pages (August 2012)
- Engaged CRO: A 5-Step Plan for Full Client Support
- Why I Love My PPC-Only Landing Page (In addition to the 2,000% increase in conversion rate)
- How To Set-Up Analytics Funnels & Use Them For Conversion Rate Optimization
- Leveraging Analytics Goals & Reporting Features To Improve Conversion Rates
- 54 Conversion Rate Optimization Tips To Improve Your PPC Campaigns
Automation in PPC (July 2012)
- Top 3 Ways to Self-Automate Your PPC Account Work
- Bid Management Software Is The Future of PPC
- How To Use Google Automated Rules For Targeting Optimal Ad Positions
- Deeper Understanding of CPA Bidding: Best Practices, a Case Study and Breaking It Off
- Using PPC Desktop Editors To Save Time & Streamline Your Workflow
Mobile PPC (June 2012)
- How To Gain Client Buy-In for Mobile PPC
- You’re Closer to Being Mobile-Traffic-Ready than You Think: PPC Case Studies
- Building A Mobile Landing Page With HowToGoMo: A Case Study & A How-To!
- 6 PPC Optimization Tips For mCommerce Campaigns in 2012
- 7 Analytics Reports To Get You Thinking About Your Mobile PPC Campaigns
Browse By Category
New Release! The 2019 Digital Marketer's Planning Kit
We know that the planning process can be stressful and sometimes, it helps to have a little inspiration. So, we took some of our most valuable resources we released this year and put them all in one place. Download the 2019 Digital Marketer's Toolkit now...
Google’s New Ad Position Metrics: Rethinking Average Position
Average Position shouldn't be your go to metric to measure ad placement. Find out how to better adjust bids with Google's new metrics!
What To Do If Your Black Friday Flopped
A slow start to the holidays doesn't doom you to full season of PPC failure. Take a second to collect your thoughts, analyze the data, and set the strategy for where opportunity exists.
Could Another Digital Agency Easily Steal Your Clients?
Explore a few ways to be proactive in bringing new insights and ideas to your PPC accounts.
Paid Social Predictions for Marketers in 2020
Now that we're all aware that paid social is crucially important for your business...it's time to catch up with the always-changing ad formats, algorithms, and audiences.
Not Just Another AI and Machine Learning Discussion [Submit Your Questions ...
Time to talk through what you ACTUALLY want to know about AI and machine learning. Submit your questions!
How We Train PPC Experts
Explore Hanapin’s newest approach to training through all stages of development.