Become a PPC Hero
Join over 34,000 other subscribers and get the PPC resources that best fit your needs as a modern digital marketer. Select your subscriptions to the right.
PPC Hero Blog Series
We often explore complex search marketing issues with in-depth analysis & research. To really give a topic the attention that it requires, we will write an entire series of articles that focus on one hot PPC topic. This is where our blog series come in! We craft each blog series so that it is truly an authoritative document on the topic at hand.
The Dynamic Series (September 2013)
- The Ultimate How-To Guide for Bing Parameters
- Creating Dynamic Ads with Scripts
- Does DKI Really Work? [Case Study]
- How Dynamic Search Ads Can Fill The Gaps In Your Account
- Case Study: 78% Lower CPAs With Dynamic Remarketing
Making the Most of Google Analytics with PPC (August 2013)
- 5 Google Analytics Reports You Need to Succeed in PPC
- Create a Content Experiment in 4 Easy Steps
- 3 Events You Must Start Tracking In Analytics
- Get the Data You Need – Custom Reports in Google Analytics
- How the Visitors Flow Report in Analytics Will Make Your Account Better
PPC Hero’s Time Saving Tips (July 2013)
- Build Out Your Account With 3 Time-Saving Tips
- Quality Score: The Quick & Dirty Trick That Can Save You Time & Money
- Save Time With The Ten Minute PPC Audit
- This 15 Minute Excel Macro Provides Granular Search Term Data
- The One Hour Placement Report
A Deep Dive Into Comparison Shopping Engines (CSEs)
- A deep dive into comparison-shopping engines & strategies
- The top 10 CSEs
- The Do’s & Don’t’s of Three Popular CSEs
- How to Optimize CSEs
- 5 Easy Mistakes to Avoid
How We’ve Changed Our Mind About PPC Lately (June 2013)
- 25 Ways PPC Has Changed In The Past Year
- Refresh Your Ad Testing With 4 New Analyses
- Making Conversion Rate Optimization Work for You & Your Client
- Revisiting Display Targeting One Year Later
- Three Ways to Account for Mobile Traffic in a Post-Enhanced World
Growing Your Account the Smart Way (May 2013)
- 4 Keyword Research Tips To Grow Your Account
- Using the Ever-Mysterious Beta to Grow Your Account
- Growing Your PPC Account Budget the Smart Way
- 3 Ways To Grow Your Display Efforts
- Grow Your Account With YouTube Advertising
Spring Cleaning (April 2013)
- Know When It’s Time to Delete Your Paused Keywords
- How To Tidy Up Your Negative Keywords
- Spring Clean Your Display Campaigns
- Spr’Bing Cleaning: 7 Simple Steps For Your Bing Accounts
- Ad Copy Clean Up – What to Get Rid of & What to Keep
Advanced Back to Basics (March 2013)
- It Might Be Time To Revisit Your Account’s Structure
- Writing Successful PPC Ad Copy – Building from Account Structure & Beyond
- Bid Management: From Basic To Advanced
- Going Beyond the Basics with PPC Keyword Research
- Get Descriptive With Your Keyword Match Types
Starting PPC For eCommerce Sites: A Beginner’s Handbook
Responding to the Big Changes in PPC (February 2013)
- Google Says “Do Mobile or the Kitten Gets It”
- Facebook’s New Conversion Tracking is Pretty Great
- A detailed look at Google’s new Enhanced Sitelinks
- Enhanced Campaign Silver Linings: Geo Targeting
- Fact Checking Google: Tablet and Computers Are Not the Same!
- Enhanced Campaigns – It Isn’t All Bad, But We Have Some Thoughts
New Testing for the New Year (January 2013)
- I Dare You to Try Out the DCO
- Ad Testing for 2013 – Plan Now for MONTHS!
- Are You Getting The Most Out Of Your Landing Pages?
- Testing New Keywords Without The Anxiety
- 11 Important Questions You Must Ask Yourself About Your Google Display Campaigns
The Biggest Thing in My PPC Year (December 2012)
- The 10 Reports that Made Me Fall in Love with Pivot Tables
- How Ad Rotation Settings (Almost) Ruined My Year
- Agency or In-House? Choosing The Right PPC Path For You
- Lessons Learned From AdWords Flexible Reach
- Product Listing Ads: My Favorite Thing About 2012
- Lessons Learned in 2012: Three Tips to Understand Your Account
Holiday PPC (November 2012)
- Benchmarking PPC in your Industry for the Holiday Season
- How To Optimize Product Listing Ads For The Holidays
- Lead Generation’s Sad Holiday Season Won’t Last Forever
- Stocking Stuffer Keyword Ideas
- Holiday Ad Copy & How to Schedule Holiday Ad Tests
Numbers You Can’t Trust in PPC (October 2012)
- Why AdWords and Analytics Don’t Match
- Google Display and Placement Fraud – Is Your Money Being Wasted?
- Misleading PPC Competition Metrics: A Case Study
- Who Are The Others? Google’s Frustrating Search Term Report
- Stop Using Google’s First Page Estimates to Set Your Bids
Excel Strategies and Tips (September 2012)
- How to Use Excel to Estimate New PPC Account Performance
- Using Excel to Get the Best Budgets for Your Campaigns
- 3 Time-Saving Techniques For PPC Managers Using Excel Filters
- 5 Excel Time Savers For PPC Ad Writing
- Analyze Your Account in Minutes With Excel
Conversion Rate Optimization and Landing Pages (August 2012)
- Engaged CRO: A 5-Step Plan for Full Client Support
- Why I Love My PPC-Only Landing Page (In addition to the 2,000% increase in conversion rate)
- How To Set-Up Analytics Funnels & Use Them For Conversion Rate Optimization
- Leveraging Analytics Goals & Reporting Features To Improve Conversion Rates
- 54 Conversion Rate Optimization Tips To Improve Your PPC Campaigns
Automation in PPC (July 2012)
- Top 3 Ways to Self-Automate Your PPC Account Work
- Bid Management Software Is The Future of PPC
- How To Use Google Automated Rules For Targeting Optimal Ad Positions
- Deeper Understanding of CPA Bidding: Best Practices, a Case Study and Breaking It Off
- Using PPC Desktop Editors To Save Time & Streamline Your Workflow
Mobile PPC (June 2012)
- How To Gain Client Buy-In for Mobile PPC
- You’re Closer to Being Mobile-Traffic-Ready than You Think: PPC Case Studies
- Building A Mobile Landing Page With HowToGoMo: A Case Study & A How-To!
- 6 PPC Optimization Tips For mCommerce Campaigns in 2012
- 7 Analytics Reports To Get You Thinking About Your Mobile PPC Campaigns
Browse By Category
Creating Compelling Video with YouTube's Video Builder
Learn how to use YouTube's video builder to create compelling video ads from images. Including how to navigate the platform, creative guidelines, and examples.
How has COVID-19 Impacted Your Paid Media in June?
Fill out a short survey to help the digital marketing community understand COVID-19's impact on paid media and access the dashboard to see the results.
How Artificial Intelligence Can Change the Way We Shop Online
AI is changing the way consumers shop at various stages of the buyer’s journey. It affects the way a potential buyer searches for product or brand information.
June 2020 Updates to Paid Media Platforms
In this monthly post, we bring you the latest news and changes from all of the major ad platforms. Google, Bing, Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn, and more.
Competitor Strategies for Lead Generation - A Case Study
A case study on how one paid media marketer set up successful competitor campaigns to help a brand drive more high-value leads.
Tracking Your Free Google Shopping Ads
Tracking for Surfaces Across Google clicks in Google Merchant Center leaves something to be desired. The step-by-step process in this post is an alternative.
The Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts of 2020
Every year, PPC Hero releases the Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts of 2020. The final Top 25 must be voted for and be actively educating their peers on PPC.