We’ve been tagged by PPC Blog. Instead of having John, Amber and myself post 5 reasons why we each blog I thought I’d write 5 reasons why we blog as a collective:
- We saw an opportunity to dig into the nitty-gritty details and stats of PPC management. There is a plethora of blogs that post news or updates about PPC management, but not many blogs discuss actual results of testing or performance of said news items.
- Synthesizing your thoughts and composing them into a comprehensible narrative allows you to digest the knowledge you may taken for granted. The core of our business is PPC management and we realized that the practices we employ on a daily basis aren’t widely known (or at least they are not widely discussed), and this kind of information would be helpful to other SEM professionals (and novices).
- We wanted a document, aside from your standard training information, for new employees to review. More-than-likely we would be writing up a lot of this information for internal use; might as well share it with the world and make everyone a little smarter (including ourselves!).
- Around the office we read A LOT of blogs and we wanted to have our own voice as well as contribute to the community and industry.
- To be honest, we all have a passion for PPC, and SEM in general, and it only made sense to have a blog so that we can all write on a topic where our true interest lies (we’re all writers inherently anyway).
I would tag someone but looking through the blogs I think EVERYONE has been tagged. So I guess that means we’re it? I always lose at this game!