5 Tips on Passing the Google Adwords Qualified Professional Exam
September 9, 2009
One thing here at PPCHero we make sure of is that all of our writers pass the Google Adwords Qualified Professional Exam before writing for the blog. We just added four new people to our team and we’re still growing. But now that they’re finished with their PPC training, it’s time they prepare for the Google Adwords Exam.
The Google Adwords Qualified Professional status can be obtained at either the individual level or the company level. In order to receive the company level status at least 2 employees have to pass the exam. Unfortunately, your status expires after 2 years, so you may have to take it multiple times in order to keep your individual or company status. The exam costs $50, and yes, you have to pay that each time you take the exam for each person.
Here are just a few tips on how to successfully pass the exam with flying colors – without giving away any answers.
- Utilize the learning center – You do have an hour to take the exam, and I believe there are 75 – 100 questions in the exam. With that said, you can use your notes, use Adwords, or look up answers online. However, most of the questions, if not all of them, are taken from the Adwords learning center itself. So take the time and go through the learning center tutorials and reading material. It will make a serious difference.
- Know Google Adwords ad text policies – t\The one thing I remember most is they ask you a ton of ad text guidelines and policies questions. What can you say in your ads, what can’t you say, how many characters are in the title, description, destination URL, etc. Know your ad rules!!!
- Put yourself in scenarios – Especially for the ad text, when studying for the exam, test yourself by using scenarios. Example, Here is an ad text – tell me all the items that violate the GA ad text guidelines. Then you have to choose between a. b. c. or d. Also, there are scenario questions about ROI and CTR and how to know when you need to pause an ad or keyword and when you should increase or decrease their bids.
- Know how to calculate ROI – If you only work on lead based PPC accounts or click only accounts, you better learn how to calculate ROI. There are questions that put you in a scenario where they show ads or keywords with a certain ROI, and you have to know which ad or keyword to pause. So, if you don’t understand ROI, learn it now.
- Know where things are – You will be asked questions on which reports you can run for certain information and where you access conversion tracking codes, etc.
Although there is a separate Google Analytics exam, you should know the essentials of Google analytics reporting, goals, funnels, etc.
Taking and passing the Google Adwords Qualified Professional exam is great to have on your website and resume and can be a great selling tool. As we talk about trust symbols and certifications to put on your landing pages to increase conversions, this is one of them! Just be sure you adhere to the Google certification logo guidelines before posting it everywhere.
If you think you need more explanation or teaching other than the tutorials you can watch these great videos on YouTube called the Google Business Channel. They give you videos obviously and offer more of a visual representation of the learning material. If you have more questions about the Google Adwords Qualified Professional exam and their qualifications you can check out their FAQ.
Browse By Category
A Buyer Persona Based Approach to Mapping Your Customer Journey
Explore how a persona-based approach is used to enhance customer experience, improve targeting accuracy, and harness behavioral analytics to their business objectives.
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.